Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hosa CPR-202 Dual 1/4 inch TS to Dual RCA Stereo Interconnect Cable, 6.6 feet
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 6.6 Feet|Change

on March 21, 2012
I have been buying Hosa for a long time and they were always pretty good cable for the money ... I still feel the cable is good quality but also feel the newer cable could be slightly better in some respects.

Note the image is slightly different then the one I got I think the pic is of the older cable as it is now thicker with a fatter less tapered strain relief I prefer the older more tapered type design (see my pic). it looks neater and less clunky I hope they go back to the more tapered clean design but keep the thicker cable which is nice.

It seems that the new cable is thicker thats an improvement over the older cable of the same type I bought years ago and is nice an flexible.

However where the new cable falls short is in the molding over the plugs its pretty poor in my opinion. in fact the cable I received has heavy mold marks and excess rubber on the plugs and the strain relief, they really need to clean this problem up I consider it sloppy and unacceptable period.

This type of bad molding shouldn't pass QC in any way shape or form. My old Hosa cables have great clean molding and no slop molding on any of the connectors I had to trim the excess with a razor blade.

I am very surprised others have not commented on this, am I one of he few to get a sloppy molded plug set?

If QC was a lot tighter and molding was the HQ they put out years ago I would give it 5 stars but till they fix the issue it will stay at 3 stars from me.

Some may say this has nothing to do with the sound or connection while this may be true, in my eyes it shows a product that is not being kept at the same level of quality overall as it used to be.

I for one love a well made product with great fit and finish, that is not what I received. Time will tell if they hold up like the older cables did.
review image
on July 12, 2015
I'm usually okay with cheap cables. However, these are awful. The Red 1/4" plug is almost a quarter of a centimeter to short, making it too short to latch inside any intended jack. Also the all the plastic on the cable feels entirely too soft to be trusted as rugged. Disappointed in Hosa. Not worth sending back but probably won't buy their brand again. A lost $6.
review image
on June 24, 2010
This cable works as you would expect it to. It allows me to plug my musical keyboard into my stereo system.
Not much to it, the cable will either works or doesn't. In this case it just worked and hasn't broke despite repeated plugging in and out of the stereo and keyboard, thus 5 stars.
VINE VOICEon January 29, 2011
At 13 feet long, you start to become concerned with 60hz (and 120, 180 hz 2nd and 3rd harmonic) pickup. Fortunately hosa uses a heavy gage cable with plenty of shielding.

I've got a pretty good assortment of hosa, pyle, and monster cables and hosa always gives you the most for the money - 13 feet of 2 channel audio for $5+ship is a great deal, especially when the cable quality is well made.

Hooked to my 20dB mic preamp input there was no noise on the line level channels on the mixing panels, so I can't fault the cable at all. I'm perfectly satisifed.
on December 5, 2012
Seem really well made, feel like they will last a long time. Economical, I'm getting crystal clear records with them -- there is nothing more I could possibly ask for. Except maybe pancakes. I do not think paying more will get me a better item.
on August 5, 2015
bought for digitizing old cassette tapes. Connected the tape deck to my audio interface, attempted to gain match the L/R, and hit record. If there was any noise introduced by these cables, it is not noticeable, especially when using old cassette tapes (home recorded).

For connecting a CD player to a line mixer, I would have no problem using them for that too. Not the most road worthy construction, but for the price they're fine. If I want better, I won't pay more, I'd make my own.
on January 23, 2011
Hosa quality and price are perfect for installed cables that don't get handled very often. The connectors fit well without being over- or undersized. The conductors are copper, not aluminum. And they are covered with a flexible rubber material that defies kinks. Take these cables out of the package and they will immediately expand into nice, smooth lengths without memory bends and twists.

I contrast Hosa's products with those "One Price" cables that are so cheap and awful. I recently made the mistake of buying some "One Price" cables that had such out-of-spec connectors they ruined my equipment! Never again.

UPDATE 19 OCT 2014:
I just received a new pair of Hosa cables and they have changed. The cable is of the same quality, but the connectors are red and black (not gray). The boots have less effective grip moulding and they are 1/4-inch longer, which presented a bit of a clearance problem on my equipment.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2014
For the last 27 years I've been a recording engineer, worked in TV studios and done sound reinforcement, so trust me on this. I've been using Hosa cables for two decades and very rarely have I had a problem, but I've had probably 50 of them. I usually choose cables one step better, not sold here on Amazon, but Hosa comes well shielded and with strain relief and it's all you need at a good price. All these years and they haven't changed because they didn't need to. Do not think more expensive or gold plated or thicker is better, you're paying for advertising, not better sound. I'm just here to help and share decades of experience.
on November 1, 2014
well, it works.
But it doesn't, when one of the ends falls apart inside my speaker.
It was one of the metal tips that was stuck in there. Luckily I was able to pry it out and re-terminate the end, and now it sorta works.
Just afraid it getting stuck in there again.

The seller was great for sending me a replacement which so far seems fine. However the product is just "ok"
Almost disastrous.
on November 3, 2014
I needed a couple of mono 1/4" phone to RCA phono cables - this cable just needed a little tug to separate the two channels. So now I have two mono cables - a red connector one and a white connector one! Decent quality, too - and they both work perfectly - no hum or clicks while slightly wiggling the socketed cables. I am happy!