5.0 out of 5 stars I always buy Hosa
Published on January 23, 2011 by John Raines

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Cable Molding Could Be Better
I have been buying Hosa for a long time and they were always pretty good cable for the money ... I still feel the cable is good quality but also feel the newer cable could be slightly better in some respects.

Published on March 21, 2012 by DC

5.0 out of 5 stars I always buy Hosa, January 23, 2011
John Raines (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hosa Cable CPR202 Dual 1/4 Inch To RCA Cable - 6.5 Foot (Electronics)
Hosa quality and price are perfect for installed cables that don't get handled very often. The connectors fit well without being over- or undersized. The conductors are copper, not aluminum. And they are covered with a flexible rubber material that defies kinks. Take these cables out of the package and they will immediately expand into nice, smooth lengths without memory bends and twists.

I contrast Hosa's products with those "One Price" cables that are so cheap and awful. I recently made the mistake of buying some "One Price" cables that had such out-of-spec connectors they ruined my equipment! Never again.

UPDATE 19 OCT 2014:
I just received a new pair of Hosa cables and they have changed. The cable is of the same quality, but the connectors are red and black (not gray). The boots have less effective grip moulding and they are 1/4-inch longer, which presented a bit of a clearance problem on my equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, June 24, 2010
This cable works as you would expect it to. It allows me to plug my musical keyboard into my stereo system.
Not much to it, the cable will either works or doesn't. In this case it just worked and hasn't broke despite repeated plugging in and out of the stereo and keyboard, thus 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well strain reliefed connectors and long thick cable, January 29, 2011
At 13 feet long, you start to become concerned with 60hz (and 120, 180 hz 2nd and 3rd harmonic) pickup. Fortunately hosa uses a heavy gage cable with plenty of shielding.

I've got a pretty good assortment of hosa, pyle, and monster cables and hosa always gives you the most for the money - 13 feet of 2 channel audio for $5+ship is a great deal, especially when the cable quality is well made.

Hooked to my 20dB mic preamp input there was no noise on the line level channels on the mixing panels, so I can't fault the cable at all. I'm perfectly satisifed.

5.0 out of 5 stars myk64, July 10, 2010
hooked this cable from my behringer 502 mixer to my stereo amplifier. length is just perfect and the sound quality is outstanding!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, August 8, 2011
I bought this cable for taking the 1/4 connections on my Creative Professional E-MU 0202 USB 2.0 - Sound card - 24-bit - 192 kHz - 112 dB SNR - stereo - Hi-Speed USB to my Denon AVR-3311CI 7.2-Channel Network Home Theater Receiver with HDMI 1.4a (Black).

I connected the 1/4 plugs into the E-Mu device and the RCA connections into my receiver and... it worked.

I'm not one to go on about cable requirements, what marketing speak gives the best sound or anything else. This cable was easy to open, easy to connect and easy to use. It makes quality connections and to my sort of discerning ears, sounds good.

If you're looking for 1/4 to RCA connections, this is definitely a good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cords, June 12, 2013
I use these with my dj set up. No complaints from me. I have always had good luck with Hosa.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are some fanciful cables, December 31, 2011
These cables I have ordered recently (for myself) have extraordinarily helped my professional music career. I will soon reach the top with nothing but these cables alone. Thank you, Hosa!

5.0 out of 5 stars just what the dj ordered!, January 9, 2013
these cables are just right to go from my UCA202 audio adapter to my mixer without having to use "adapters" plugs

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Cable Molding Could Be Better, March 21, 2012

Note the image is slightly different then the one I got I think the pic is of the older cable as it is now thicker with a fatter less tapered strain relief I prefer the older more tapered type design (see my pic). it looks neater and less clunky I hope they go back to the more tapered clean design but keep the thicker cable which is nice.

It seems that the new cable is thicker thats an improvement over the older cable of the same type I bought years ago and is nice an flexible.

However where the new cable falls short is in the molding over the plugs its pretty poor in my opinion. in fact the cable I received has heavy mold marks and excess rubber on the plugs and the strain relief, they really need to clean this problem up I consider it sloppy and unacceptable period.

This type of bad molding shouldn't pass QC in any way shape or form. My old Hosa cables have great clean molding and no slop molding on any of the connectors I had to trim the excess with a razor blade.

I am very surprised others have not commented on this, am I one of he few to get a sloppy molded plug set?

If QC was a lot tighter and molding was the HQ they put out years ago I would give it 5 stars but till they fix the issue it will stay at 3 stars from me.

Some may say this has nothing to do with the sound or connection while this may be true, in my eyes it shows a product that is not being kept at the same level of quality overall as it used to be.

I for one love a well made product with great fit and finish, that is not what I received. Time will tell if they hold up like the older cables did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well it is a cable, December 5, 2012
Seem really well made, feel like they will last a long time. Economical, I'm getting crystal clear records with them -- there is nothing more I could possibly ask for. Except maybe pancakes. I do not think paying more will get me a better item.