5.0 out of 5 stars High quality XLR cable
I was impressed with the rugged construction of this cable...seemed sturdy with rugged connectors, yet flexible.

Published on May 3, 2012 by Busy Executive

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 2 units I bought are loose like this. Better off paying a few dollars more ...
The connector on the female end which connects to the Microphone is very loose! 2 out of 2 units I bought are loose like this. Better off paying a few dollars more for the GLS Audio cables which have a much higher quality connector. I'm happy with other Hosa cables that don't involve XLR connectors, but I will never buy Hosa XLR products until they switch to a higher...
Published 1 month ago by formortals

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality XLR cable, May 3, 2012

In my case, I needed somewhat of a custom cable - XLR on one end, and bare wire on the other for connection to a terminal screw block. This gave me a chance to see the Hosa cable on the inside, since the way I got my custom cable was to disassemble one end down to the bare wires.

The connectors are well made and heavy gauge. The ground cable is a fine copper braid with a cotton mesh underneath to protect the conductors. The individual conductors are stranded and not particularly heavy gauge (I'd guess 18 gauge), but are well insulated. Unlike cheaper brands, the individual wires were soldered to the XLR pins with very clean solder joints, and as a nice added touch, you could see a few drops of a silicone insulator had been applied over the solder joints to protect them. Indeed, I felt a little guilty to snip the cables so I could connect one end to bare wire terminal screws.

Based on the quality I saw inside this cable, I'd have no trouble recommending them to anyone in need of a relatively short XLR cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hosa MCL103 XLR Microphone Cable 3 Ft, October 21, 2010
Meow Mix (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
cheaper than buying in store, good for a mic at your table, and could go good with a snake. have had zero humming or interference with other equipment that's connected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, November 2, 2011
Not much to say ... great mic cable, decent thickness/gauge, haven't noticed any noise at all, it works. Never had any problem with Hosa stuff, which is why I chose this cable over others available in a 3' length. So, there you go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hosa MCL103 XLR Cable, July 3, 2011
I use two of these cables to connect my mixer to my amp and it works just great! It has a limited lifetime warranty so it's hard to beat the deal! Good product from a reliable company.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice short cable, May 1, 2013
I've bought a bunch of Hosa cable and it has been nice in terms of quality and price. I needed a short XLR cable for a desktop mic setup and found this one.
There isn't too much to say other than it works, is durable, and fits the bill nicely. It is actually quite hard to find premade cables this short and there aren't a lot of options. Luckily this one is also durable and cheap. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I needed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, April 22, 2013
I use it in a home recording setup where I don't want longer cables creating more of a rat's nest than I already have.

For that, it does well. I don't ever move it (to take it to a gig) so I can't attest to its durability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good cable., March 29, 2013
It suits my desktop recording needs perfectly. I would definitely order other cables made by Hosa. All in all a very good cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short cables, March 12, 2013
I use 2 of these for connecting a rack unit to a Presonus Firepod and they work great. Sound quality is clear and I hear no extra noise or hiss. I would buy these again in an instant if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars XLR cable works as advertised, January 26, 2013
Grayson Peddie (Tallahassee, FL 32310) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hosa Cable MCL110 Series Microphone Cables - 10 Foot (Electronics)
No need for a long review but it works. I'm using this for my Audio Technical AT2020 and I'm happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hosa is the best!, January 10, 2013
Karl Willke (Virginia Beach, Va) - See all my reviews
I normally would say that Hosa makes the best cable for the price, but they actually just make the best cable regardless of price. They just happened to be priced better than, Monster Cable, Planet Wave, etc. I haved used them all and still prefer Hosa. I am hard on cables. I have always been involved in new church plants and with youth groups that are mobile so we are tearing down equipment and setting them up every week sometimes more than once. I have yet to have a Hosa cable fail me. I actually use these for my mic cables and to run powered speaker signal.