Customer Discussions > The Host: A Novel forum

The Host movie (out March 29)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2013 7:23:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2013 7:23:51 PM PST
bookpurring says:
Anyone excited? I was about iffy about the changes but now that's just around the corner I'm just excited and can't wait to see it

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 12:48:19 PM PDT
Amanda Dugan says:
I just finished reading The Host and I loved it. I want to see the movie, but I think I will wait until it comes out on dvd. I'm not really a theater person.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013 4:01:41 PM PDT
lisakttn says:
If you enjoyed the book, do not see the movie. They added things to the movie that never happen in the book. I fell in love with the book and the characters in it enough that I have listened to it 8 times now. I saw the movie last week and was so disappointed I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or scream in anger.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013 4:03:35 PM PDT
lisakttn says:
I'm curious what you thought. I loved the book. Probably one of my favorite books because of the characters. I was so let down by the movie. They added things to the movie that never happened in the book... possibly the worst adaptation of any book ever.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:13:02 PM PDT
bookpurring says:
I liked the movie, they did a good job at diluting the book into a 2 hour movie. Stephenie's world seemed very much like ours so I liked what they did with the movie world visually

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2013 11:46:18 AM PDT
Steve Cole says:
i have to agree with you hear...the movie is awful...the acting is horrible...so sad because the book was great!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Host: A Novel forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2013
Latest post:  May 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Host
The Host by Stephenie Meyer (Paperback - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (5,444)