5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite hostess snack

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't matter now
Published 23 months ago by Paige Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite hostess snack, June 20, 2006
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
They have a nice hard chocolately coating, soft and ever-so-sweet chocolate cake and all wrapped around a swirly layer of creamy filling. Let me ask you something, DO YOU POSSIBLY NEED ANYTHING ELSE to satisfy that sweet tooth of yours? I don't think ya do. I also agree these are pretty addicting, not nearly as bad as coke, there's no crappy come-down, they're a lot cheaper, and don't give nosebleeds! I'd say those are all the more reasons to buy this wonderful snack food.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't matter now, December 19, 2012
Paige Turner (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
Now that HoHos are a thing of the past (at least for the time being), I guess this review doesn't matter. I bought the HoHos because I wanted to photograph them for nostalgia's sake (I'm a photographer), not really eat them, although I did want to share a favorite childhood food with my kids. But the shipper shipped the HoHos in a bubble envelope through the mail. Wrong on all counts. When the box arrived it was all smashed (bad for a photo), but what's worse is that the HoHos were expired and each one was flat as a pancake (bad for both photographing and for eating). There was a small burst of excitement upon seeing that HoHo box one last time but the wonderful memories I have of HoHos will have to live on in my memory...they certainly weren't what arrived in the mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
What can I say, this tastes good! They probably have tons of unhealthy ingredients in it and are bad for you, but it tastes good! Has a nice chocolatey outside and a nice creamy filling inside.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expiration date past, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
Who knew these things would expire? I bought it as a christmas gift for my brother. Everything was fine except for the fact that the expiration date was past upon arrival. It honestly just made us laugh because how they heck can something like this even have an expiration date. So obviously we didnt eat it, but I guess that was ok since I had only bought it as a novelty anyway once Hostess went the way of the dinosaur. Also ridiculously over priced..but again..that wasnt the point.

4.0 out of 5 stars hostess is forever, October 4, 2013
hostess is forever
especially hoho is best of best
so sweet and dark choco and creamy
i dont forget hostess company

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
This snack has history with me, when I bought the Ho Ho's, I froze them and enjoying them every now and then with coffee.

2.0 out of 5 stars This shipment tasted old., August 10, 2013
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
I would like to return this shipment as no one in my family liked them and thought they tasted and looked old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wait a week and the price should go down, July 7, 2013
Tim Eviston (Ft Thomas, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
HoHo's and other Hostess favorites will be back on shelves July 15, 2013. If the price doesn't come down here, check you local supermarket - they should be much cheaper than almost $50 for one little box. Great product, but not worth collectors' item prices any more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful, I received bad Ho Ho's, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
I purchased these Ho Ho's because they're my absolute favorite in the world. Putting them in the frig, letting them get nice and cold, then biting into the sweet creamy, chocolaty yumminess. That's what I was hoping and anticipating. Instead, I bit into them and immediately threw up, no exaggeration. It was an involuntary reaction. Even before I swallowed. I gagged a few times. It had a smell to it like nothing I've ever smelled. It was so horrible, I'm still cringing and gagging just thinking about it. It took brushing my teeth twice, using listerine and vinegar to get it all out of my mouth. It was frightening the reaction I had.

I'm super jealous of the folks who received good ones. Just please be careful giving these to children, try one first to make sure it's good and edible.

Sadly, all I could say is this experience has officially put Ho Ho's into the "never will eat again" category.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than crack rock, April 7, 2006
This review is from: Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz (Misc.)
These lovely sweet cakes are delicious and extremely addicting. They are creamy and dreamy and filled with pure pleasure. Sure they probably contribute to heart disease, diabetes, and cavities, but no one lives forever...enoy them while you can.

Hostess HO HO's, 10 oz