on October 8, 2000
Format: VHS Tape
Hostile Intentions starring Tia Carrere is a decent late night TV movie to watch, but definitely not worth renting. This is another movie about some young, attractive Americans who travel down to Mexico to party like there's no tomorrow, but find that their dream vacation has turned into a nightmare. Hasn't this ground been covered before? Haven't we seen dozens of movies with fresh-faced young heroes battling the twin demons of corrupt Mexican policemen and unresponsive American bureaucrats?
In "Hostile Intentions," three young American women cross the border with nothing but partying on their mind. They accept an invitation to a party that turns nasty, then get arrested, then...well, just use your imagination as to what rotten things happen to them next. Along the way, they hook up with a Mexican guy who may or may not be on their side, then meet his family, then things get complicated as the film explores illegal immigrant smuggling.
This movie had a few twists and turns that kept my eyes watching the screen. This was definitely not the greatest movie i've seen, but then again, it could have been a lot worse. Overall, The reason I gave this movie 3 stars rather than 4 or 5 is simply because the acting was not the greatest and the plot just didn't appeal to me. Some may like this movie more, but that's just how I feel about it. If you do watch this movie and end up liking it more than I did, I also recommend that you rent "Across the Moon" starring, Elizabeth Peña & Christina Applegate.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 18, 2009
Format: VHS TapeVerified Purchase
I had to buy this because my wife actually did some stunt work in it. It was the perfect surprise Christmas gift. As far as movies go, this one is BAD. Not "Cutthroat Island" or "Ishtar" or "Glitter" bad, but still pretty bad.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again