Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on December 29, 2012
This item has both pros and cons. If you plan to use these booties while sitting and not while walking, they'll probably do the trick for you. Here are the pros and cons:

PROS:

HEATING: These heated fine at recommended 30 sec. My microwave is 1.58 kw (1580 watts). They were warm, not hot, as one reviewer complained, but the directions said you could go up to 90 sec. after the 1st 30 in 15 sec. increments. However, I didn't need them HOT; once you get them on your feet, warm is fine. Note: don't exceed 90 sec. as one reviewer suggested, as the directions indicate this could be unsafe.

SMELL: I disagree w/ the reviewer who said these smelled bad or had a strong odor when microwaved. For me, there was a very faint, pleasant, lavender smell, nothing plastic-y or chemical-y.

STUFFING: One reviewer said these were like walking on beans and it is true that they're stuffed with flax seeds. But these seeds are tiny. It's more like walking on sand, and it's kind of a pleasant massage, if a bit unstable.

CONS:

BAD SEAMS: After only three hours of wear, with a fair amount of indoor walking, mainly on carpet, these booties split at the seams on the sole. I noticed because I was suddenly seeing flax seeds all over my floor. I plan to return them for this reason. (I noticed just now that the warnings in the directions do say that the booties "are not suitable for walking in." However, this is buried in the directions, which start out with such throw-away items as "HOT, take care when removing from microwave oven" and "Discard if found worn or damaged," the sorts of things one figures one doesn't have to read. Moreover, even if you plan to use these mainly while sitting, say, in the evenings watching TV, if you get up to get a glass of water or some such thing every once in a while, before you know it, you'll have put in some amount of time walking on them and they may start spilling flax seeds. So, even though I've said in a couple places that these would be fine for sitting, and that's what the directions seem to confirm, you might take that w/ a grain of salt.)

TRIP/SLIP HAZARD: These slippers are like wearing a bootie-shaped sandbag around your feet. Therefore, they're not great for walking (though they'd be terrific for sitting). They do not have a rubber sole, only fleece fabric, so you could easily slip on, say, hardwood or tile floors. They aren't slippery on carpet obviously, but, because it's like having little sandbags around your feet, they are clumsy and it would be easy to catch on something and trip on any type of floor and maybe especially on carpet. I would be cautious about buying these for an elderly person or anyone who isn't very sure-footed (not to say there aren't some really sure-footed elderly folks out there, but I wouldn't really want my mother risking a fall on these, and she's in great shape).

DURABILITY: See my comments under "STUFFING" above, and also under "TRIP/SLIP HAZARD": The sole is fleece fabric, not rubber, so walking on them will wear them out sooner than you might expect both b/c they're being abraded from the outside, from the floor, and because they're being abraded from the inside, from the flax seeds, which are constantly moving around. Moreover, the seams in the soles are bad and you might have flax seeds slipping out as I did.

WASHABILITY: They aren't washable. The directions say spot clean only. IMHO, the manufacturer needs to make these w/ a washable cover and a rubber sole!

APPEARANCE: Uh . . . they're cute but ugly if you know what I mean. You wouldn't really want to be seen in these by anyone you wanted to impress! :-)

PRICE: I found these cheaper at my local supermarket, for $15.

BOTTOM LINE: All that said, if it weren't for the flax seed spillage (seam splitting at the bottom of the bootie), I'd have been happy w/ these and would have given them a 3 (not a higher score only b/c of some of the other issues that I mentioned above, things that I think might not meet the average buyer's expectations). I think I'm going to go with the toe-warmers for skiing and just stick them inside my slippers when my feet get cold. They're disposable and a little more wasteful and expensive, but it's better than having flax seeds everywhere and risking a fall! Little Hotties Adhesive Toe Warmers 30 Pairs
33 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2014
So I don't get all the negative reviews. I mean, yeah they're absolutely hideous and you shouldn't wear them around anyone you ever even dream will want to see you naked, but what sane woman is trying to get laid in a pair of these ludicrous things anyway? You stickem in the micro, sit your arse down and they warm your feet rather nicely and they smell good. No, they're not slippers you hoof all around your house in as I'm sure they'll eventually tear given, hello! they're filled with seeds! It's like walking in sand except you're not at the beach. They're awkward to walk in, but if you traipse gingerly, as I always do, then you can sand bag it on a short jaunt to the kitchen or bathroom. Again, they're meant to warm your feet and guess what? They do JUST that. So let's come to terms with ourselves. If you get icy feet like you live in the arctic tundra, then these are the slips for you. Now everyone else stop whining.
on February 14, 2013
If you follow the directions, you should enjoy the result. I received these as a gift and have enjoyed the experience.
I'll follow the lead of another reviewer and list the Pros and Cons.

PROS:
1. Warmth: The warmth of the booties are just enough to soothe my feet without being uncomfortably hot. The directions say to start by heating the booties in the microwave for 30 seconds then heat in increments of 15 seconds until warm. The instructions caution the user not to exceed 90 seconds. The booties felt warm enough before I reached 90 seconds.

2. Smell: I was pleasantly surprised by the smell. I noticed what I thought to be a faint lavendar smell coming from the booties. I believe the aroma therapy lended to the way the booties made my feet feel. Needless, to say I love the addition of the lavendar.

3. Stuffing: The instructions say that the foot warmers are not suitable for walking in. Therefore, you should not experience discomfort walking in the warmers since you shouldn't use them in this manner.

CONS:
I couldn't think of any cons. If you follow the directions, the booties will do what they are designed to do.

It would be nice if the booties could be washed instead of spot cleaned. IMHO, that is minor. I guess I'll just wash my feet first to avoid the booties from getting filthy or funky.
on January 28, 2015
A bit of HEAVEN!!! I'm laughing that there are reviewers that actually thought they were going to "walk" in warming boots filled with beans...Ohhh, goodness!!!
These are to WARM your feet. I'm in my 60's...I have feet that I cannot get warm come heck or high water. I find myself putting a minky blanket in the dryer to warm up hoping to warm my feet enough to get to sleep...
I got these today. Popped them in the micro-wave, careful to follow directions...they're holding the warmth well....REALLY LIKING these!!!! Will be a LOT CHEAPER than running the dryer!!! LOL
on May 28, 2014
I previously purchased these from Walgreens in the winter and I wore them out!! I think there are instructions that says you cannot wash them so I decided to just buy another pair since I wouldn't be able to find it in stores. I freakin love these. It's like having a space heater on your feet except you dont have to sit in awkward position to prevent a fire.
on December 17, 2013
I kind of agree that there are pros and cons to this product but, for me the pros greatly outweigh the cons. If my feet get cold I have trouble going to sleep. You are supposed to warm them 30 seconds at a time but I put them in for 1 minute and 30 seconds every time. I don't know how bad it is to do this but I put them in while I am doing things like laying out clothes or plugging in my phone and kindle. They get very warm/kinda hot. I wear then while I set my alarm and do little thing to get ready for bed. I do walk around in them and it is a little awkward but worth it to go to bed with toasty warm feet.I am very clumsy but I do okay walking in them as long as I am careful. My feet are very warm within a few minutes and I can go right to sleep. I takes me a long time to warm my feet up under the blankets without them
on December 26, 2012
Just received my "booties" tried them out and was surprised how well they work. They heat very quickly and stay hot to warm for quite awhile. the lavender smell is pretty strong. I would have given them another star if the lavender was omitted.
on April 8, 2015
These are not for walking around. I use mine while sitting at my desk. Way more energy efficient and cost effective then a space heater. I love the lavender smell. I put them in my microwave for about 1 min 45 seconds. They keep my feet warm for about 45 mins.
on January 23, 2013
great, perform as advertised. The only problem is heat lasts a little over an hour and needs to be microwaved each time.
on June 23, 2015
These were a gift for a friend who has chronically cold feet and she absolutely loves them! She does not walk around in them, but rather, as she is watching TV or reading a book, puts them on her feet and relaxes. Interestingly, she also uses them as a type of "heating pack" for her sore knees after she has been gardening for the day. She says they work very well for that purpose. So in my humble opinion, these are a great buy.