5.0 out of 5 stars This show is pretty Hot everywhere !
Published on November 11, 2010 by C. Victor

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad... Not Great, But not bad.
It's Not Frasier, Golden Girls, or One Day at a Time (or even a Van Halen concert), But it's an OK series, and for prime members, it's free, so I can't complain. Now if they'd only get some free NCIS.
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This show is pretty Hot everywhere !, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
From the moment they all landed in Cleveland, I couldn't stop laughing !!!!! Love the entire cast of characters, and Betty White, well she's the glue that holds everyone together, sometimes, when she's not getting into trouble herself...love the quote " who knew I would have game at 80 " I'm so happy they are coming out with the DVD in January ( would have made a great Holiday gift it came out in December )But, thrilled that the show is coming back for a full season. Looking forward to see what they get up to next season.The writer's are a very talented team, and hope they keep up the momentum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical! Betty White is Brilliant!, November 20, 2010
Bryce (Salinas, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
Brilliant writing, outstanding acting, all around a very funny show! Only Betty White could play Elka-the pot smoking, adult diaper wearing, caretaker who is hell bent on destroying Joy-played by Jane Leeves. Joy is a professional hair and make up artist to the stars who's quips are usually directed at Elka. Wendy Malick's character-Victoria is also very well cast as a has-been soap star who played the same character for 27 years before the soap was cancelled, and thinks she is loved by one and all. The Japanese commercial she did for diaper pants is absolutely histerical!! Valerie Bertinelli plays-Melanie, even though she seemed to have a little bit of a slow start in the first episode, she more than makes up for it when she tries to make friends with the entire neighborhood and it sort of backfires! I can't wait for season 2 to start, Mary Tyler Moore is going to make a guest appearance, bringing her and Betty White together for the first time since the Mary Tyler Moore show.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Golden Girls of the 2010's, January 28, 2011
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
I watch this show with my granny every week. She is a huge Betty White fan going back to the Golden Girls days. This show reminds me of the Golden Girls in alot of ways and has the potential to be just as good as GG was if it isn't already. Very funny show and very entertaining. Good sitcom in an era where it looks like sitcoms are dying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, November 10, 2010
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
Definitely, I love Betty White! I laugh every-time I saw her in a movie or in a TV sitcom. I also love Hot in Cleveland. Hot in Cleveland is a mix of humor with an excellent script... simply AMAZING!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing on TV in years, December 13, 2010
D. Snow (Longview WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
I can honestly say I absolutely HATE most of the shows that have come out in the past few years and don't even bother checking them out anymore. Hot in Cleveland was a different story though. It really was "must see TV." I have always loved Betty White in all that she has done. Valerie Bertinelli is a gifted actress that shines when she is given the right role. So when I heard TV Land was going to be airing a show with both of them in it, I had to check it out! From the very first episode it has been a hilarious and very high quality show. I love all the "old timers" they are bringing on as guest stars. It's great to see something that I am not embarrassed to watch or totally grossed out by. They don't treat the viewing public like morons, and the humor is very retro and can be slapstick at times. There is enough new "off color" humor to appeal to those who enjoy it - but the "innocence" given off by Betty White and the older guest stars is refreshing to see in the day of smut and filth. If you haven't checked it out yet, you really should. This one is sure to be a true classic in years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun in Hot in Cleveland, February 12, 2011
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
This is one fun show and having all the season one shows on one DVD is great because you have no commercial interruptions. How much better can that get? Fun story lines, great dialogue and acting. The ladies all mesh well together. As a Clevelander, it about time someone put us in a positive light and have fun with it too. I liken it to Golden Girls with a younger twist. Love the show, love the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot in Cleveland..., February 12, 2011
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
I love this show! Classy ladies, acceptable content. Very funny! And I think it shows the heart of the people in Cleveland, Ohio. Honest, easy to get along with, caring, hard working...what a great city. You will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Laughs, February 6, 2011
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
If you like the "Hot in Cleveland" sitcom like I do, you will enjoy this DVD set. Without the commercials, the shows are 20 minutes long each. The interviews at the end of the shows were funny as well. I like to watch DVDs while I walk on my treadmmill, and this DVD really helped the time to fly by! Betty White is such a hoot! There's not much else you can say about a DVD, but I highly recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The pro bowl of sitcoms is a winner, January 30, 2011
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
Anyone who is a fan of the 90s style sitcoms (Frasier, Just Shoot Me, Seinfeld, Home Improvement) will enjoy this funny and well-written comedy. Betty White is the obvious scene stealer in this show, but Wendie Malick, Valerie Bertinelli and Janes Leeves hold their own against the octagenarian juggernaut. A definite must-see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show in years., January 29, 2011
This review is from: Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 (DVD)
The last 2 sitcoms I liked this much were Just Shoot Me and Becker, but those ended in 2003 and 2004 respectively. Finally here comes an actually hilarious and highly entertaining sitcom. The show has pretty raunchy humor so if you're not into that best to avoid this. I won't type what the show is about, others already have. I will say though that the writing is very well done. In fact, the show actually seems to have a connecting story throughout most episodes, instead of the usual random stuff happening that doesn't really amount to anything in the long run. Every main character works excellently off each other. There are unfortunately only 10 episodes in the 1st season, but the currently running 2nd season will have 20 episodes. I hope this show lasts for 6-7 seasons at least, because it's rare to see anything this great in the sea of reality or just plain bad TV shows. Keep up the amazing work and expect me to support this show!

Hot in Cleveland: Season 1
Hot in Cleveland: Season 1 by Valerie Bertinelli (DVD - 2011)
$26.99 $11.19