5.0 out of 5 stars Best learning to self-feed food EVER!
Published on July 12, 2011 by TNmom

Published 16 months ago by Passau

5.0 out of 5 stars Best learning to self-feed food EVER!, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Hot-Kid Baby Mum-Mum Banana Flavor Rice Biscuit, 24-pieces, 1.76 oz, (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
We tried these for our 10month son while in Canada. He LOVES both the banana and vegetable flavors. We love them as they are 1) not as messy as the arrowroot teething biscuits (while great- baby spit and biscuit = cement) and 2) are larger than puffs so occupy him for longer periods of time (car ride from CA to TN and waiting to mom/dad to make dinner). Plus the dog loves them too when our son shares them with him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum Yum Mum Mums, February 6, 2011
C.O. (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This little surf-board shaped crackers are perfect for baby. Our daughter started eating them at 5 months (on advice from pediatrician). After she figured out how to get the cracker in her mouth, she loved them. You don't need teeth as baby can suck on it and it dissolves quickly. Now she is 10 months old and stil loves them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Baby loved them but won't buy them because they are made in China, April 4, 2013
Before I realized that these rice snacks are made in China, I gave them occasionally to both of my kids when they were first transitioning to solid foods. My babies loved them because the taste is very mild and they dissolve in the baby's mouth quite easily to make eating them easy for the baby. These biscuits barely have any calories or any nutritional value so I used them only on occasion for baby feeding training. And I was quite pleased with them because my babies enjoyed eating them so much.

However, once I learned that these biscuits are made in China I stopped buying them. I don't prefer to buy baby food items produced in China as I know that their manufacturing protocols are not as stringent as they are in the US. Instead, I switched to buying puffs by Happy Baby and other biscuits by Plum Organics. Since Baby Mum-Mums are just basic rice biscuits many consumers are probably fine with knowing that Baby Mum-Mums are made in China. However, I believe that a lot of U.S. consumers do not realize that these biscuits are made in China when they purchase them. Anyhow, I now read the labels of all baby food products that I buy much more diligently to double check that they are made in the USA under US Safety standards.

The bottom line is that if it does not bother you that these biscuits are made in China, then I am sure your baby will love eating them and they do work well when the baby is learning to feed because they are very mild, dissolve quickly and are so easy for the baby to eat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made in China, April 30, 2014
Not xenophobic but Chinese quality control leaves me cold. None of these for my babies. Amazon needs to correct country of origin

5.0 out of 5 stars My Babies LOVE These!, July 18, 2011
Mary P. (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
I bought Mum-Mums for my (now) 6 yr old daughter when she was an infant, and I buy them by the case from Amazon for my twin 9-month olds now. They have been eating them since they were about 5-6 months old. THEY LOVE THESE. We just bought the Banana Flavor for the first time. When they see the box, they get so excited.
One of the great things about Mum-Mums are that they are not messy. You can give them to them in a stroller, or in a shopping cart, or carseat, and there is no mess. They melt so quickly - great for babies without teeth.
The few stores that carry Mum-Mums are always out of stock of the Infant ones, so I have resorted to buying them buy the case on Amazon, which is actually a better price, and I never have to worry that the store will be out of them.

I noticed that one reviewer gave these a bad rating because they are a product of China, and not Australia as the Product Description says. I am pretty sure that all the Hot Kid products come from China, not sure why it says Australia, but I wouldn't let that deter you from purchasing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made in China, December 12, 2011
I won't give this to my baby. Product states Country of Origin: Australia but when I received it, it was made in China. With many recalls for China made products I will stay away for edible things at least.

1.0 out of 5 stars why all products will be expired soon?, April 12, 2012
My 10-month daughter does like eating these rick rusks, so we ordered some.
We are very angry after we received them and found all of them will be expired on this Aug. And these products can not be returned.
We do not know why they do not show us the expire date of their products?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
very good

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT-KID BABY MUM-MUM BANANA FLAVOR RICE BISCUITS, June 26, 2014
The rice biscuits are elegant...I'm a senior citizen (with no grand children) who enjoys the rice rusks for a lite mid-morning or afternoon snack with a cup of tea. They're full of flavor yet low on calories, so can be eaten without guilt! WONDERFUL product for the entire family,,,

4.0 out of 5 stars Great teething biscuit, June 11, 2014
JKJ (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
Both of my kids loved chewing on these things while their teeth were coming in. My now 1yr old just recently finished up his last box.

Rate and Discover Movies