|Item Weight||5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||43.2 x 10.1 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||500G|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||2 Years Limited, Parts and Labor|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.97 shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
Hot Max 500G Big Max 500,000 BTU Propane Torch
|Price:||$52.38 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$7.61 (13%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Premiere 500,000 BTU propane torch on the market
- Trademarked molded handle for more comfort and control
- Comes fully assembled
- Burns clean and efficient propane - no caustic chemicals
- Perfect for home, farm, industrial, and construction
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
The Hot Max Big Max comes fully assembled and ready to use. The Hot Max Big Max uses standard liquid propane tanks (like those used on BBQ grills). The Big Max comes with a 10 feet UL/CSA Listed gas hose (rated at 350 PSI), a solid brass adjusting valve to control the flame, a POL safety valve (to prevent excess propane gas flow), and a single flint striker for lighting the torch.
Big Max 500,000 BTU Propane Torch
The Premier Large Propane Torch
The Hot Max 500G "Big Max" is the premier large propane torch on the market. The 500,000 BTU Big Max is perfect for burning brush and weeds with clean and efficient LP gas eliminating caustic chemicals in the environment and around sensitive plants. The Big Max is perfect for melting snow and ice, removing parking lot markings and other paint removal, thaws frozen pipes and equipment, pre-heats metals for welding or branding, melts tar and asphalt, and hundreds of other uses. The Big Max 500G torch is the only torch with a molded handle, which is trademarked, for better control and comfort and the long handle keeps you from bending over.
- 500,000 BTU
- 10-foot, 300 PSI gas hose
- POL safety valve
- Molded handle
Top Customer Reviews
=== The Good Stuff ===
* It is about the most fun I have ever had weeding a garden. Some weeds (like certain thistles) almost explode when you torch them, which I admit is somewhat gratifying. (Might want to wear eye protection, that hot sap hurts).
* The torching goes pretty quick, and seems about the same level of time and effort as spraying roundup.
* There are two settings, the normal flow, and a "turbo" setting. The normal flow worked for about 90% of the weeds, especially the smaller ones. Giant weeds, and those I knew from experience to be more hardy, took a full blast to fricassee. Did it kill all of them the first time? No, but neither does digging, Roundup, or any other strategy. It does kill about 75% of them the first time, and the rest go down easy with another blast after a few days.
* In this area, if you cultivate and just "turn over" weeds, it is not uncommon for the exposed roots to work their way back into the soil before the sun has a chance to kill them. A quick shot to the roots with the torch puts a quick end to that.
* The connections between the hose and torch seemed a little loose, but did not leak in the first 10 uses. Hopefully that holds up.
=== The Not-So-Good Stuff ===
* The instructions missed an important first step.Read more ›
After the first time of use I found out that if you open the gas valve too quickly it stops the gas from coming out any faster then a low flame. To fix this you have to shut off the gas tank valve, bleed off the torch gas, then shut off the torch, and open the gas tank valve very slooooowly.
Everyone asks me, why did you buy it? Well if just telling them you wanted a flamethrower isn't good enough, the package has a list of justifications for this. From melting ice in your driveway to igniting charcoal.
Looking forward to using this thing camping! I wont be as irritated when the state park makes me buy their firewood that is wet.
In the pictures attached you can see a 14 foot circle I cleared in just a few minutes and I was smiling the whole time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a monster and simply torches everything. Even the hair on my legs. The rate of burn is phenomenal with this unit. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Simon F. Rodehn
I gave it to my husband and he is very satisfied with this torch. I received it very quickly. Thank you.Published 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great product! Does the job great! However the flint starter included with the torch, and/or the flint starter made by Hot Max in general, is by far the worst one I've ever used. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Dustin Repp
I love this thing. It burns through the propane, but it is so worth it.
It does kill grass/weeds easily but that only last about 2 weeks.
Light weight and easy to use. I have no doubt that this torch easily produces the 500K BTUs it's said to and then some. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Commodore
starts fires well but clearing snow and ice is a bit of a stretchPublished 1 month ago by Aaron Rutter
This did a number on our lawn. It demolished the weeds, but afterward our yard had brown spots all over. It recovered after a few weeks, but it was an eyesore for a bit. Read morePublished 1 month ago by shdware
for what these cost I was expecting a hunk of junk one time use kinda thing. NOT THE CASE! very sturdy -long hose - light weight - I ran 6 bottles of propane threw it this fall... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mark
Torch is like a flame thrower when you push the lever. Turns green weeds into ash very fast. Sucks fuel in full mode but it's worth it as it makes fast work of the weeds and you... Read morePublished 2 months ago by MIke