- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Hot Mess Clean
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
Hot Mess (Amazon Exclusive Version) [Explicit]
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
I didn't think this group would be around this long, let alone make their catchiest album three years from their inception. A surprising triumph.
1. Nice Guys Finish Last - Borrowing from Adam Ant (woohoo!) and big band, this is probably the most unique track on the record and my choice for second single. The chanting is utterly addictive, and it's easily among the poppiest things the band has recorded. 10/10
2. Pete Wentz Is The Only Reason We're Famous - I hate these long "clever" titles that have little to do with the song, but luckily the track is actually very good. It opens aggressively, but soon segues into a calmer verse and a funny, catchy chorus. 8/10
3. Good Girls Go Bad - If ever a track would propel them into superstardom, this would be it. The first single, and an excellent choice, sounds like it's produced by RedOne, though it's not. Leighton Meester adds some much-appreciated spunk to the primarily dance track. Sinfully catchy. 10/10
4. Fold Your Hands Child - This starts as straight-up synthpop before chugging into a rockier chorus. I'm especially fond of the verses here, which have an accomplished subtlety to them that's missing on some of the other tracks. 9/10
5. You're Not In On The Joke - Another possible single choice, there's an almost Michael Jackson feel to the verses--very funky. The chorus is a total singalong. If only they would have cut the odd shouty bits at the end, it would be perfect. 9/10
6. Hot Mess - The verses, again, are very interesting, with some nice vocals, but the chorus isn't quite up to snuff in my opinion. It's a little silly and can verge on annoying. Certainly not bad, but not a favorite either.Read more ›
The Bad: The music. There were fewer chances taken on this release than with the first two releases from the group. None of the songs, even after one-or-two listens stands out. To some degree, many of the songs sound alike on many levels. As stated earlier, I hear more Fall Out Boy-influences here and a less of that fun edge that set this group apart. Even the emo-inspired titles of the songs are less creative than they were with the last releases. Overall lacking musically and just outright boring.
The Good: 'Good Girls Go Bad' is a fun song that did, in some respects, remind me of their old songs. A few others, including 'The Scene Is Dead: Long Live the Scene' that sounds very retro and 80s inspired, were worth listening to one or two times.
In all, I was let down by this release. A Cobra Starship album is usually really good, unique and something worth keeping on repeat. But this ...Read more ›
Their third full-length album is their most exciting album yet!
The album kicks off with their groove-inducing track "Nice Guys Finish Last" which is just one hell of an opening track for the band. Catchy, addictive and an awesome opening track!
The second track "Pete Wentz is the Only Reason We're Famous" is either Saporta showing some love for Wentz or possibly the appreciation for the band getting to open for Wentz's band Fall Out Boy or giving thanks for their inclusion of FOB's "Citizens For Our Betterment" mixtape. Nevertheless, a pretty cool rock track. Although not an official single, the group showcased the song on their Youtube and MySpace site.
The third track features the band's first single off the album showcasing the vocals of "Gossip Girl" actress Leighton Meester for the track "Good Girls Go Bad" (produced by Kevin Rudolf and mega producer, "American Idol" judge and former Warner Bros. Records VP of A&R, Kara DioGuardi) which I absolutely enjoyed tremendously during the single's initial release.
Now whether or not Meester's involvement in the track will generate interest in her music career will remain to be seen.
Other standout tracks include "Hot Mess" which is just addictive and almost sports that old school 80's sound while "Living In the Sky with Diamonds" shows that the group can also deliver in the vocals category.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of my favorite bands from the 90's and up! Good Girls Go Bad, Hot Mess, Move Like You Gonna' Die, and many more are included in this high energy dance fest! Read morePublished 17 months ago by Mark J. House
Disc works fine, everything is there, nothing is missing, nothing ripped, case is just shattered and that wasn't stated before.Published 21 months ago by Shelby
I found this CD to be very good. I like pretty much all the songs and can drive around and listen to them all and sing along. Read morePublished on March 22, 2013 by Tor-dizzle
Thank You so much for this cd! The shipping was really fast with this item. I'll buy from this seller again if i have to. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Published on January 1, 2012 by GLEE FAN#1
this is a grest cd. it is fun and enjoyable to listen to. the best songs on this cd are
1. nice guys finish last
3. good girls go bad
5. Read more
I would have to say 'Good Girls Gone Bad' is my favourite song on the cd, it makes you want to dance around to the beat, while the rest while good, sort of fade out behind it. Read morePublished on June 4, 2011 by Miss J. Wilmshurst
The song list is amazing and Gabe Saporta's voice is a mix of angel and sex. The electronica feel makes the music come alive and the collabs are even better than life itself. Read morePublished on December 31, 2010 by Kayla