Top positive review
46 people found this helpful
Unbelievably Potent :)
on June 24, 2011
Recently, after speaking with the owner of a local Chinese restaurant, I inquired about their outrageously HOT mustard served only upon request. I was curious to find out if and where I could purchase this condiment to enjoy at home. The owner explained that the mustard was prepared daily from a powder simply mixed with water to the desired consistency. Having been repeatedly disappointed with the mainstream bottled grocery varieties labelled as "hot", a little online research certainly paid off! This ISN'T that lame packet mustard you commonly find in the bottom of your take out bag. S&B oriental mustard ROCKS!
* Nice 3oz quantity for personal home use for dipping, sauces, etc. [A little will go a very long way]
* Sturdy and airtight canister for storage
* "Scald Your Sinuses Hot" [Assuming you enjoy this trait--sure hope you do]
* Flexibility to freshly prepare only the amount needed at a given time--prepared mustard will lose potency/heat if stored over time.
* Powder should be handled with care--seriously potent and cannot imagine getting powder directly into eyes, cuts, etc. Children and novices beware!
Would certainly recommend to any and all of those folks [you know who you are] like myself who derive pleasure from a truly HOT mustard for dipping, egg rolls, spicy Chex mix, and other creative recipe ideas. CANNOT BEAT IT! :)