5.0 out of 5 stars EASY and AFFORDABLE
Published on August 3, 2012 by Laura

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardly tapered at all
Not sure why everyone seems to love this iron. I did like the temperature dial, and it seemed to heat evenly and quickly- but there were some serious design flaws. The barrel seems shorter than the tapered irons I have used in the past, which mean that I had to curl the top section, then the bottom section of each piece of hair. The taper is also almost non-existant. The...
Published 14 months ago by chloemarie

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY and AFFORDABLE, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Hot Tools HTBW1852 Curly-Q Tapered Nanoceramic Curling Iron (Misc.)
I've been trying to decide if and what curling iron product to buy. I had heard good things about curling "wands" in general, i.e. the curling iron without the clip. I looked and heard great things about the CHI products, and I have one of their straightening irons. However, they are not budget-friendly, so I decided to give this one a try. I had heard good things about hot tools because of the temperature control. I LOVE this feature. It allows you to control the heat and helps keep you from getting burned. This curling wand, unlike some others, has a cool tip. This really prevents burning. I haven't burned myself yet, and I haven't used the glove. The tapered end gives versatility because you can create tighter curls or looser waves. It is definitely a looser look than a traditional curling iron. It creates waves more so than ringlets. If you are going for true ringlet curls, I would not suggest this product. It DOES give you a look that you see a lot of celebrities with--loose waves, great for layered hair.

BEST part--it's easy! I had heard there was a big learning curve with curling wands, but my first time using it was so easy! I am a low-maintenance hair person, so I've been looking for something that is faster and easier. It is very easy to use and to learn how to use, which I found surprising because it usually takes me longer. For example,I've been trying to curl my hair with the CHI straightener as many people do, but I have not been able to get it with practice. This curling iron gives a more similar look to what people achieve with a straightener who use it as a curling tool.

Glad I followed the other reviews and hope you do the same!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, February 3, 2012
I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for something reasonably priced with great results. I have long hair that typically is very time consuming to style. This curling iron gets up to 400 degrees and I can have soft big waves in about 10 min or tight curls in about 25. Because there is no clamp- it doesn't fry the ends of my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-maze-ing, August 22, 2012
Let me start by saying I had ordered the Enzo Milano clipless curling iron first and boy was I disappointed. That iron took about 10 minutes to heat up completely and left a bare wavy kink in my hair. After returning the previous curler, I decided to try a brand I have used before, Hot Tools.

Today was the first day of using the curling iron and I absolutely LOVE it.

-Let's start with the pice: $30 you can't beat that!
-The heat up takes literally less than a minute.
-This curling iron needs no extra styling products because it does the job on its own. My hair is an inch past my shoulders and this size also works perfectly for creating messy beach waves!
-The curler literally cools as fast as it heats. I used to get so frustrated with leaving my curler to cool in my bathroom for 20 minutes because of my little sister always mingling in my bathroom.
-Lastly, the temperature dial is perfect for any hair: thin or pin straight to thick and coarse.

I usually don't bother with lengthy reviews but this product thoroughly deserved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, July 17, 2012
Love this curling wand! Heats up quick and makes beautiful beach waves! Took a few days to feel comfortable holding it but now I use it almost everyday!

5.0 out of 5 stars love this curling iron, December 6, 2011
this curling iron is super easy to use. my hair is really thin, fine, and straight but it will hold the curl for about 2 days. i don't even use hairspray. well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SECRET TO BEAUTIFUL WAVES, July 7, 2012
Ladies, this is the secret! I have tried everything from sponge rollers to hot rollers to traditional curling irons of various barrel sizes. NOTHING gives my hair beautiful waves like this product. I have natural waves but they aren't very pretty. This curling iron allowed me to style my hair exactly like I have been wanting it to look for years. And they last! I did my hair last night before a night on the town, and then this morning it was still curly. I did a few touch ups before heading out to brunch with the girls but it took barely anytime. I recommend letting your hair dry naturally, or with a blowdryer for a bit and let it finish drying naturally. I did not use any products, only a touch of hairspray when I was finished. You can do large sections for big waves or little sections for tighter curls. I recommend this product to anyone who wants beautiful hair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get 'Beacy" Waves with this product, September 11, 2014
Mary Schneider (Woodinville, WA, US) - See all my reviews
Bought this to bring waves into my hair when it falls flat. Great device to get the perfect curl for the windswept 'beachy' look, which is what I was going for. Works fast and so far haven't burnt my hand. Glove is provided, however, it will 'melt' if it comes in contact with barrel, but will protect hand from heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, amazing results on the first try!, December 21, 2011
I recently got curlers and after several weeks, finally the curls started looking better as I got the hang of it. I used this taper curling iron for the first time today and my hair turned out great. The curls are pretty defined even after holding sections for about 20 seconds, but after wearing my hair in a bun for a 25 minute walk to work, the curls had loosened slightly, but now 8 hours later, they've held great and my hair feels really good. I washed my hair 2 days ago but even without freshly washed hair, it looks really nice. I did put on the glove after burning my hand a little, but it's easy to hold with the glove on. I debated between getting this size and the 1 in and i think this one was the right call as the curls are pretty defined so I wouldn't want them any smaller/tighter. Overall, very good purchase, impressed at how easy it is to use and that you don't need to hold your hair in very long to have the curls stay in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing curls that last days!, April 5, 2014
Love this curling iron! I honestly haven't bought a curling iron for many years, so I was hesitant about buying a new one. I am so glad I did! This gets hot super fast and the curl stays in my hair 2-3 days! It takes a little practice but once you get the hang of it it's faster. I did a YouTube review and how to use tutorial if you want to see it in action. http://youtu.be/QtYV1cDwtz0

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Asian hair !, September 13, 2014
This thing is awesome! Great for my hard to curl Asian hair! My hair wants to stay straight but this thing does the trick. The key is to let the curl set in your hand right after you release it. It cools for a few seconds in your hand and will stay all day. Saw it on YouTube