5.0 out of 5 stars EASY and AFFORDABLE
I've been trying to decide if and what curling iron product to buy. I had heard good things about curling "wands" in general, i.e. the curling iron without the clip. I looked and heard great things about the CHI products, and I have one of their straightening irons. However, they are not budget-friendly, so I decided to give this one a try. I had heard good things about...
Published on August 3, 2012 by Laura

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardly tapered at all
Published 14 months ago by chloemarie

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE, May 9, 2013
This is the FIRST curling wand I have ever bought that actually curls my hair, and for the price you cant beat it! The glove works great, I wear it as a just-in-case, cause it would suck to have a burn on your hand. Wrap your hair around it, wait about 7 seconds and perfect curl. I have med-long length hair and I curled all of it in about 15-20 minutes. Since the wand is tapered, keep in mind the curls are going to be tighter, almost like beach waves, I would definitely get a larger size if looking for bigger curls, I will probably buy a larger one too, but this one is great, and the temp control is a major plus! Love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you reviewers!!! Love this, April 14, 2013
As a life long curling iron user- was hesitant to have a non wand style iron- but I LOVE IT(& I never use the glove)-- I have a short cut growing out to a bob& my hairstylist recc I purchase this- great price and great review for a reason! I keep it at a level 2 heat- ( very low) keeps my curl for hours

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, April 30, 2014
I can't believe I never knew about this before! I've always had issues curling my hair with regular curling irons, or flat irons that say they can curl hair as well. For the longest time I would waste money by going to the salon to have curls or take the road trip to a good friend who can curl my hair for me. I'm special, for the life of me I just can't curl hair RIGHT.

This was my first purchase trying out a wand, and OMGosh.. it makes me feel like a professional! It curls so fast, and it stays on without additional treatment. I straighten my hair everyday and this curling takes almost as much time to straighten. SO SIMPLE and SO EASY!

The gloves were a nice addition as well, overall HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STARS but don't buy if you want shine!, September 1, 2014
This review is from: Hot Tools HTBW1852 Curly-Q Tapered Nanoceramic Curling Iron (Misc.)
Okay this was my VERY first hot tools curling iron purchased about 4 years ago I loved it! Heated up fast had tight and loose curls whenever always did friends hair with it. BUT!!!!!!!!! Once I got more experienced with my hair (42" thick hair ) I realized I got NO SHINE with this product. Reason why..because I invested in the 24k gold played curling irons! Ulta had them on sale last year so I got a GREAT BOGO deal. So I bought 2 of them 1" 1 1/2" . They gave me shine with no hair serum or extra products! This one just curls. If that's what you want okay... I highly suggest looking into the gold plated ones by hot tools but my review is good because I loved this product for so many years!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardly tapered at all, October 7, 2013
Not sure why everyone seems to love this iron. I did like the temperature dial, and it seemed to heat evenly and quickly- but there were some serious design flaws. The barrel seems shorter than the tapered irons I have used in the past, which mean that I had to curl the top section, then the bottom section of each piece of hair. The taper is also almost non-existant. The narrow end is maybe a few milimeters smaller than the wide end. The curl did not hold well in my hair. Not a fan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not professional grade, October 16, 2012
I returned this item because it does not get hot enough and the barrel is too short. I use Hot Tools Marcel Irons often for work, but this iron is not professional grade. I would not recommend it. I ended up spending the extra $60 for the HAI wand instead; it works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!!, April 26, 2012
(This review is based on 1st straightening my hair and then curling it) I was a little apprehensive to try this product because sometimes I find it hard for my hair to hold a curl with other tools. I'd given up on curling irons and had started using my flatiron to get curls. Not anymore! From the first time I tried it (even though it took some getting used to with the glove and all) I've had wonderful results. I'm Puerto Rican. I've got a lot of hair and it's naturally very curly, thick and somewhat coarse. Other curling irons would give me a spiral and then go limp in 30 mins. This wand makes my hair really shiny and the curls stay well into the next day. I might spray a little hairspray or gloss when I'm done, but other than that I don't use any products with it. Doesn't seem that I need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, July 23, 2012
I love this curling iron! I finally found a product that is easy to use for my long straight hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird at first.., June 8, 2012
Alright so I've been wanting a curling wand for the longest time, so when I saw this available on amazon I knew I had to get it. ( hot tools is definitely best of the best) so I received it super fast ( thank you amazon prime) and immediately began using it when I got it. My first thought about it was that it was super weird to use, since I've been only curling my hair with a straightener, but after some time of getting the hang of it I really enjoy it! Now I am not pro yet, and it is still a little awkward to use for me, but in time and some practice I know I'll love using it. So far I like it a lot, and would recommend it to anyone contimplating on buying this!

P.S
Using this on my hair doesn't leave that burnt scent that my straighter left, so that's an extra plus! My hair looks super smooth and shiny not dried up and frizzy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Still don't have the hang of this, December 13, 2012
I got a little to frustrated with this, so it's put away for now. Perhaps once my hair gets longer, it will be easier to use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›