1,686 Reviews
 (1,138)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST CURLER ON THE MARKET!!!!!
This is the best curling iron on the market. I have tried several different cheaper versions from Walmart...even Revlon Ceramic. None of them have performed better than this one.

* Barrel: Extremely very smooth...so your hair resembles this effect after it is curled, your curls aren't looking raggedy and dry.
* Incredibly fast heat-up: gets extremely HOT...
Published on January 29, 2010 by D. Butler

2.0 out of 5 stars Melted my hair
I never write reviews but in this case I had to.
Published on January 30, 2011 by Kateryna Kochetkova

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST CURLER ON THE MARKET!!!!!, January 29, 2010

* Incredibly fast heat-up: gets extremely HOT HOT HOT in 60 sec! This is exactly what you need if you have thick, unruly hair.
* Smooth curls: you won't even need to use your flat iron...this is a one stop shop for the loose curl style you want
* Temperature memory: Set it and forget it...it won't move or change.
* Weight: Not heavy, arm won't be hurting when you're curling your hair, especially if you have a lot of hair like I do.
* Price: The price of this iron on Amazon also cannot be beat...I normally buy this brand from beauty supply stores and it's $30+

I just can't say enough great things about this iron, I also have the smaller version, and I like it as well. Hope this review helps you :)...don't wait and debate, get this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars great curling iron for hard to curl hair, December 12, 2009
This review is from: Hot Tools Professional 1181 Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control, Jumbo 1" (Health and Beauty)
Sorry for the other reviewer and her charred hair but we've found just the opposite. I have four daughters and we LOVE the hot tools line. We have never been disappointed. The heating control is terrific. Some of my girls have fine hair so we don't need so much heat. Another has courser hair and we need the extra high setting. Not only that, the handle is very easy to hold on to. It is small enough for all size of hands. And (I know this is long--sorry), the end of the barrel where the plastic attaches never gets hot and it is big enough to hold stable so you can control the end and curl long long pieces. Very good design overall. Don't buy something else to save a few bucks. This will last a long time. It is a great product. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars START ON LOWEST SETTING, April 10, 2011
START ON LOWEST SETTING!! This is a GREAT curling iron but you MUST start on the lowest setting when you first get it. It gets incredibly hot and I thought I would be okay starting at Medium/High since I have a Chi and I have never had problems with how hot it gets... no way. I burned a huge chunk of my hair off. This has never happened before and when I talked to my stylist about it she said that this brand is a long-lasting one so it starts off with very high temperatures. WONDERFUL product but I'll say it again, START ON THE LOWEST SETTING!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frizz control, October 24, 2008
Good product. Heats up really fast and well. Tames coarse and frizzy hair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Melted my hair, January 30, 2011
I never write reviews but in this case I had to.
I will start with bad stuff... In general the Extra Hot heat mode should NOT exist on this curling iron.... I doubt that there is a person whose hair wont melt when it is subjected to such heat... I accidentally turned the nob to the wrong side (towards extra hot). Guess what, it dried my hair to the point that it didn't curl anymore...and then when I touched, it it fell right off....2 inch long piece of a thick curl just fell right off...... I understand that I had to realize that extra hot is EXTRA hot...But seriously, such setting should not even exist..... Oh, and I did not hold it for too long b/c I didn't want crazy spiral shapes...just a little waviness.

When I was trying to check the rest of my hair for melted/dried pieces my heart was racing and hands shaking.... So, Girls be careful...
Overall, it curls nice, wide curls and does its job... as long as its not on Extra hot setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Curling Iron, April 26, 2007
I have thin, straight hair, and curls just don't stay in them with curling irons from other manufacturers. My hair dresser used this one day after a hair cut and I was so amazed they stayed in all day that I called her and asked her what kind of gel she used. It turned out all she put in was a leave in conditioner, but she said she just had a really good curling iron and she was right. I've got curls and they stay in without hair products!

5.0 out of 5 stars smart shopper, July 9, 2009
I have owned this curling iron for close to 10yrs. now and it is simply the best curling iron I have ever owned/used. It heats fast. It creates wonderful curls. My hair is straight and I tried many different brand names but this curling iron has always produced the best results for me, and I have had my hair at various lenghts over the years. You won't regret spending the extra money to buy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars IT really burn my hair bad., July 28, 2011
ilucero (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:24 Mins

I received this hair iron yesterday and use in the yesterday evening, guess what..it burn my hair right off.
I feel so upset about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It creates the look of a salon blowout without blow drying, February 2, 2008
My long thick hair naturally dries into massive frizzy untamed curly ringlets, so I have three choices to style it - 1. Pantene leave in overnight conditioner packets (which are now discontinued) worked in wet somehow styles my mop of hair into this gorgeous polished Dyan Cannon style, 2. A flatiron to make waves from curls (twist 2" of hair into a curl between your fingers and then flat iron each for 8 seconds (it lasts for 4 days) 3. Or I use this Hot Tools 2" curling iron to quickly straighten my hair (even without blowdrying, which I hate to do anyway). I only use this brand, and I'm ready for my third because I wear them out with years of use. I've tried others but this one is stronger, gets hotter, and it seems to lock when you grab the hair so it doesnt slip out. I've taken this one with me all over the world. It's the closest thing I have in my posession to creating the look of a salon blowout. If you're anything like me, and it's almost impossible for you to recreate that movie-star look at home with a blow dryer, then this tool is an absolute must have. The previous reviewer is correct in that it gives you smooth hair, but with volume and curve. It's perfect for longer layered hair, and for hard to tame hair. I might even grab it before the cat if my house was on fire (kidding, but you know what I mean). P.S. If you aren't sure if a curling iron will tame your curls, then have a stylist try it in a salon first. Depending on how tight your curls are naturally, yours might need to be blown out first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great curling iron!, November 16, 2010
I am a cosmetologist, and Hot Tools is pretty much all I've ever used. I'm happy with their product, and I love their curling irons. They last forever; I think my previous curling iron lasted me around 5 years, and I used it almost every day. It's a great purchase for your money.

Rate and Discover Movies