2,218 Reviews
 (1,513)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST CURLER ON THE MARKET!!!!!
This is the best curling iron on the market. I have tried several different cheaper versions from Walmart...even Revlon Ceramic. None of them have performed better than this one.

* Barrel: Extremely very smooth...so your hair resembles this effect after it is curled, your curls aren't looking raggedy and dry.
* Incredibly fast heat-up: gets extremely HOT...
Published on January 29, 2010 by D. Butler

2.0 out of 5 stars Melted my hair
I never write reviews but in this case I had to.
Published on January 30, 2011 by Kateryna Kochetkova

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST CURLER ON THE MARKET!!!!!, January 29, 2010

* Incredibly fast heat-up: gets extremely HOT HOT HOT in 60 sec! This is exactly what you need if you have thick, unruly hair.
* Smooth curls: you won't even need to use your flat iron...this is a one stop shop for the loose curl style you want
* Temperature memory: Set it and forget it...it won't move or change.
* Weight: Not heavy, arm won't be hurting when you're curling your hair, especially if you have a lot of hair like I do.
* Price: The price of this iron on Amazon also cannot be beat...I normally buy this brand from beauty supply stores and it's $30+

I just can't say enough great things about this iron, I also have the smaller version, and I like it as well. Hope this review helps you :)...don't wait and debate, get this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1-1/4 size created the Perfect wave for fine and long hair, January 25, 2013
First of all, the price is amazing but so is the quality! My hair is typically very straight and it holds a curl when I use this iron! It's lightweight and gets hot quickly! The 1-1/4 size created the Perfect wave for my long hair!

5.0 out of 5 stars great curling iron for hard to curl hair, December 12, 2009
This review is from: Hot Tools Professional 1181 Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control, Jumbo 1" (Health and Beauty)
Sorry for the other reviewer and her charred hair but we've found just the opposite. I have four daughters and we LOVE the hot tools line. We have never been disappointed. The heating control is terrific. Some of my girls have fine hair so we don't need so much heat. Another has courser hair and we need the extra high setting. Not only that, the handle is very easy to hold on to. It is small enough for all size of hands. And (I know this is long--sorry), the end of the barrel where the plastic attaches never gets hot and it is big enough to hold stable so you can control the end and curl long long pieces. Very good design overall. Don't buy something else to save a few bucks. This will last a long time. It is a great product. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars START ON LOWEST SETTING, April 10, 2011
START ON LOWEST SETTING!! This is a GREAT curling iron but you MUST start on the lowest setting when you first get it. It gets incredibly hot and I thought I would be okay starting at Medium/High since I have a Chi and I have never had problems with how hot it gets... no way. I burned a huge chunk of my hair off. This has never happened before and when I talked to my stylist about it she said that this brand is a long-lasting one so it starts off with very high temperatures. WONDERFUL product but I'll say it again, START ON THE LOWEST SETTING!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frizz control, October 24, 2008
Good product. Heats up really fast and well. Tames coarse and frizzy hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars smart shopper, July 9, 2009
I have owned this curling iron for close to 10yrs. now and it is simply the best curling iron I have ever owned/used. It heats fast. It creates wonderful curls. My hair is straight and I tried many different brand names but this curling iron has always produced the best results for me, and I have had my hair at various lenghts over the years. You won't regret spending the extra money to buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent hot tools curling iron, January 12, 2009
V. Pope "Red Pengy" (San Luis Obispo CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best curling iron I have ever used. I enjoy how quickly it heats up, and the release is awesome, heating is very uniform. The cord doesn't tangle up and is the perfect length to allow for easy handling, but not get caught up or tripped on. It's a very pretty sleek looking product also, pretty and functional with the gold color. It cleans up easily, I love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, March 27, 2008
My hair is really straight and has never held curl. This iron is AMAZING!! my hair holds cute corkscrew curls all day long with barely any hairspray. The cord swivels so it's easy to use and it heats up fast. I would definitely recommend this iron to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Curling Iron, April 26, 2007
I have thin, straight hair, and curls just don't stay in them with curling irons from other manufacturers. My hair dresser used this one day after a hair cut and I was so amazed they stayed in all day that I called her and asked her what kind of gel she used. It turned out all she put in was a leave in conditioner, but she said she just had a really good curling iron and she was right. I've got curls and they stay in without hair products!

2.0 out of 5 stars Melted my hair, January 30, 2011
I never write reviews but in this case I had to.
I will start with bad stuff... In general the Extra Hot heat mode should NOT exist on this curling iron.... I doubt that there is a person whose hair wont melt when it is subjected to such heat... I accidentally turned the nob to the wrong side (towards extra hot). Guess what, it dried my hair to the point that it didn't curl anymore...and then when I touched, it it fell right off....2 inch long piece of a thick curl just fell right off...... I understand that I had to realize that extra hot is EXTRA hot...But seriously, such setting should not even exist..... Oh, and I did not hold it for too long b/c I didn't want crazy spiral shapes...just a little waviness.

When I was trying to check the rest of my hair for melted/dried pieces my heart was racing and hands shaking.... So, Girls be careful...
Overall, it curls nice, wide curls and does its job... as long as its not on Extra hot setting.