Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 25, 2013
First of all, the price is amazing but so is the quality! My hair is typically very straight and it holds a curl when I use this iron! It's lightweight and gets hot quickly! The 1-1/4 size created the Perfect wave for my long hair!
review image
0Comment|305 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2010
This is the best curling iron on the market. I have tried several different cheaper versions from Walmart...even Revlon Ceramic. None of them have performed better than this one.

* Barrel: Extremely very smooth...so your hair resembles this effect after it is curled, your curls aren't looking raggedy and dry.
* Incredibly fast heat-up: gets extremely HOT HOT HOT in 60 sec! This is exactly what you need if you have thick, unruly hair.
* Smooth curls: you won't even need to use your flat iron...this is a one stop shop for the loose curl style you want
* Temperature memory: Set it and forget it...it won't move or change.
* Weight: Not heavy, arm won't be hurting when you're curling your hair, especially if you have a lot of hair like I do.
* Price: The price of this iron on Amazon also cannot be beat...I normally buy this brand from beauty supply stores and it's $30+

I just can't say enough great things about this iron, I also have the smaller version, and I like it as well. Hope this review helps you :)...don't wait and debate, get this one!
1212 comments|395 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2011
I love size this curling iron. It makes waves very beautiful and natural, I think it is ideal for long hair, the result is amazing if you apply a good technique and depends on the look you want to have. I recommend it 100%. The product is high quality.
review image review image
11 comment|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2014
I wanted a new curling iron since the old one I loved for so many years finally died; it was a 2" iron, with a dull metal & was AMAZING at getting those gorgeous Victoria's Secret model waves. Well, since I didn't have that miracle iron anymore, I'd been using a tiny 1" iron that gave me small, tighter curls & made me miss the big, loose curls I was used to. After searching high & low for a great iron, my choice came down to this & the other 2" barrel iron. Since it would be my first time trying this brand, I decided to go for this slightly more inexpensive, slightly smaller barrel & I couldn't be happier!

My hair is about 4 inches past my shoulders and VERY thick, so I turned the heating dial between 330-380 degrees and it's perfect. I think I could even go to a lower temperature next time to achieve loose waves. This is the perfect iron for me & it will definitely be a great replacement as my go-to curling hair tool.

I've attached a photo to show how great it worked for me! Hopefully, I could help those of you out there who are unsure of purchasing this iron.
review image
11 comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2015
First off I want to say that I LOVE this iron. I kind of was hesitant to buy this one at first but decided that I was going to get it regardless of the previous comments I had read. I have very thick, frizzy hair. For the type if hair I have, I have to always turn the irons on their highest settings. Again, I was hesitant from reading other reviews saying that this iron burned off their hair, and some other crazy reviews!! I am not a professional, however I do know how to do hair, and well. Make sure you're not clamping your hair at the tip and rolling to the root but, that you're rolling your hair from the middle to the root then working your way to the tip. If you don't know how to do this then look a tutorial up on YouTube so you can curl it correctly. This gives you a well rounded curl. Make sure you're using the correct heat setting! I'm not going to use the lowest or middle setting for my hair because I don't have straight, nor thin hair. The box has instructions on the hair type you have, and what heat setting you should use. I saw another comment saying that this worked as a better straightner than a curling iron. Well, dont expect to get a spiral curl from a 1 1/2" barrel. I bought the 1 1/2" so I would have pretty loose curls; not tight springy curls. Smaller barrel=tighter springier curls & bigger barrel= looser/ waiver curls. Before you purchase a curling iron, know the type of curl you're wanting and do some research on how what curling iron would benefit you the most. Next, NEVER EVER spray your hair with hairspray while the hair is in the barrel and being curled. This will cause nasty, and smelly build up gunk on the barrel it will cause the iron not to function correctly; thus leading to your hair not curling! Always spray your hair after you are finished curling. All in all I love this curling iron and will forever reccomend it. This is a professional curling iron, so do some research and have an idea of what you want before you buy it.

: )
review image
11 comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2008
Good product. Heats up really fast and well. Tames coarse and frizzy hair.
on April 10, 2011
START ON LOWEST SETTING!! This is a GREAT curling iron but you MUST start on the lowest setting when you first get it. It gets incredibly hot and I thought I would be okay starting at Medium/High since I have a Chi and I have never had problems with how hot it gets... no way. I burned a huge chunk of my hair off. This has never happened before and when I talked to my stylist about it she said that this brand is a long-lasting one so it starts off with very high temperatures. WONDERFUL product but I'll say it again, START ON THE LOWEST SETTING!!!
22 comments|364 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2008
My hair is really straight and has never held curl. This iron is AMAZING!! my hair holds cute corkscrew curls all day long with barely any hairspray. The cord swivels so it's easy to use and it heats up fast. I would definitely recommend this iron to anyone.
on December 12, 2009
Sorry for the other reviewer and her charred hair but we've found just the opposite. I have four daughters and we LOVE the hot tools line. We have never been disappointed. The heating control is terrific. Some of my girls have fine hair so we don't need so much heat. Another has courser hair and we need the extra high setting. Not only that, the handle is very easy to hold on to. It is small enough for all size of hands. And (I know this is long--sorry), the end of the barrel where the plastic attaches never gets hot and it is big enough to hold stable so you can control the end and curl long long pieces. Very good design overall. Don't buy something else to save a few bucks. This will last a long time. It is a great product. Thanks.
0Comment|252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2015
This was okay for about the first month I owned it. Curled my hair nicely. However, something happened within the past two weeks. There must be a defect in the temp mod inside, because I keep it at 380 (it goes up past 400 degrees, mind you) and it BURNED MY HAIR OFF. As soon as the barrel touched my hair, it sizzled right off! At first, i thought it was my hair...maybe it was too dry, damaged....Nope (Ive NEVER had this problem before and I have very healthy hair). I discovered this morning, that the barrel is getting WAY hotter than its supposed to. So hot, that it melted the top plastic tip off & onto the barrel. THAT is why it burned my hair. Pretty upset. This could have been WAY worse.