Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hot Spa Ultimate Foot Bath #61360
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on April 14, 2010
Let's start off with the misleading product reviews. Apparently the seller changed the item they sold from one that heats the water to a cheaper product that doesn't heat the water. It is now just "Keep Warm Heat." They didn't remove the glowing reviews however, and if you're not careful, you'll think you are ordering the better unit. The majority of the reviews for this product are for a product that is not actually being sold. I'm pretty sure that's not how product reviews are supposed to work.

Not only that, but the downgraded product doesn't even do what it is is actually supposed to do - "Keep Warm Heat." I put hot water into it, ran the product, and ended up with cold water and cold feet. And the three spa attachments don't stay on. Apply a little pressure from your foot (as directed) and they pop right off and fly across the room.

So I paid for a product based on reviews for a different product, and ended up with a paperweight that doesn't even work as well as the standard bathtub that came free with my house. And this product is significantly pricier than its competitors.

Don't waste your money.
2525 comments|738 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2011
I recommend this spa to anyone that will listen! I love it.

I am a nurse and so I spend a lot of time on my feet. I wasted lots of money on "heated" foot spas, mostly from conair. I got completely sick of the spas not actually heating up - whether they were water spas or just heated foot massagers.

I found this spa during a google search probably about a year ago. If you google the reviews, they are almost all positive -- and for good reason!

The water heats itself up. Holy smokes! You can take cold water and have it heat up for you. It's awesome. My foot baths last way too long now, haha

The attachments work awesomely, though I don't use them very often. They spin around when you apply pressure, unlike most other foot spas where they just sit on the spa and make you rub your foot against it.

The water is a little shallow, but I'm willing to overlook that once the spa is turned on. There are three options:

- Heat/Massage Infrared Heat : This option vibrates the foot spa and heats via infrared. It works awesomely, though I can't take the vibrations for very long.

- Water Heat Up/Aeration Heat : This option heats the water via aeration/bubbles in the water. Ahh, it's like having a spa at home!

- Water Jets : Just as it sounds, these are gentle water jets that create a soothing current in the water.

I have had this spa for a year now and it has not let me down yet... Even after my husband's friend didn't take it out of the shower (I had it in the tub upside down to dry overnight) and let the water get all over the machine! I thought it was toast and about cried. Let it dry for a few days and it works like new still, booyah! HIGH QUALITY! You get what you pay for with this awesome spa! :D
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2007
I looked for several weeks. None of the others offer the ability to actually heat the water, believe it or not. Most Reviews of the other units complain about loss of heat very quickly. This one gets good and hot, too! Massage attachments on any of these are a bit useless, in my opinion -- I'd prefer a handheld unit for that because it's awkward to reach any parts of the foot where the attachment point is located (the little round thing in the middle). And the options fall off too easily. But the real work-horse part -- the foot bath, bubbler, water-jet massage, and the heater -- works great! Highly-recommended over units costing as high as $200, elsewhere. Look for other deals at Amazon to see if this unit is offered with free extras (sometimes it is). Let's face it, these bubblers make some noise. Just turn the TV up. It's not that bad. Easy to clean. Seems very rugged in build quality. This one -- like most of them -- cautions you against standing up in the unit because they are not designed to support your full body weight. I bought this to help heal bruised tendons in the bottoms of my feet (too many remodeling chores). And I feel much better after using it.
44 comments|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2009
The Hotspa was my first ever foot spa purchase. At my age I decided it was time to pamper and treat myself without paying high Salon prices. I read the reviews for all spas at Amazon and picked the Hotspa because of the fact that it kept the water warm and I had the option to add foot salts to the water.

I added hot water from my faucet to the fill line and some foot salts and turned the unit on. No water splashed out during the entire time. There are three controls; one for massage, one for water jets and one for bubbles. The massage was nice and quiet enough that I could hear TV without turning it up. The massaging feature felt great on my feet!

The water jets were also quiet enough to hear TV, but were not very strong, but soothing nonetheless. The jets really only aim at your toes. But the foot area is large enough to move your feet forward for additional coverage.

The bubbles did create more noise where it was difficult to hear TV without turning up the volume, but this was very soothing and stirred up the salts in the water for a refreshing scent and foot treatment! It compared to the salons I had been to when they turn the bubbles on and walk away for five minutes. Very nice!

I didn't use my toes on the controls to switch back and forth, I used my fingers instead. It seemed more practical. There is a hood over the unit where the attachments are stored, or you can store anything else in there if you don't use the attachments; i.e. foot files, cream, etc.

I tried the attachments that are situated on the top of the unit and didn't find them useful and probably will not use them much. You have to unplug the unit to add one and when you put your foot on it, it sort of spins around and it was difficult to keep my foot poised on the attachment. Perhaps I should be more patient and give it a few more tries, but I really wanted to just soak my feet in the warm water.

When I finished I used a separate foot file and cream and my feet were very soft and "salon" treated.

Since this was my first purchase of a foot spa, I don't know how the cheaper units compare, but I soak for 20 minutes (the unit says to use for only 20 minutes at a time, then turn off to cool it down). Twenty minutes was perfect and the water was warm the entire time.

Perhaps it was a bit overpriced? Bottom line . . . I am very satisfied with this product and would highly recommend it.
on October 6, 2009
Only foot spa I have ever liked. The water actually gets really hot. The accu-pressure attachment really massages deep into the tissue. I also used the pumice stone attachment to remove dry dead skin. My feet are softer than ever. Great product and definitely worth the money!
on August 19, 2004
I have tried a number of these foot spas and usually am disappointed that the bubbles make the hot water cold. Not this one! After 20 minutes of bubbles, the heat of the water was the same if not a tad warmer than what I had put in. I am impressed and quite pleased.
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2007
I have not tried a home foot spa before, so I can't compare them, but I am quite satisfied with this unit. It keeps the water nice and hot, and the jets on my toes are heavenly. The "pedicure center" with changeable attachments is pretty silly. The spa is a little bit on the loud side, as the first reviewer stated, but I just turn up the TV. Overall, I am very satisfied with this product and am happy with my purchase.
on December 7, 2009
I looked all over for a self heating foot spa for my fiance. This one definitely takes the cake. My fiance is a RN who is on her feet all day. When she comes home she looks forward to a a soak in her foot spa. I would recommend starting out with warm water first other wise it will take twenty minutes. Great product, she has had it for seven months now and still loves it. The only thing she is not to fond of is the massage attachments, however she has really ticklish feet. Great gift for anybody with cold or sore feet.
on February 14, 2008
It can maintain water temperature OR it can heat the water. The vibration and the water jets are both strong enough to make me feel like it's actually DOING something. This is the third foot spa I've tried in the last two months (I've taken the others back) and it's the ONLY one that lived up to expectations. I like the pedicure attachment though I can see how it might be awkward for some. The only cons I can think of is it's heavier and louder than most. I'm guessing it has to be in order to do the job right. This is THE foot spa.
on August 15, 2009
I was looking for a foot spa to help clean and relax my feet after jogging. It was between this and the Brookstone. I am glad I purchased this one.
Pros:
1. Water gets warm fast and stays warm.
2. The water jets and bubbles are very decent and work really well.
3. Appears very well built. Heavy and strong.
Cons:
1. Gets kinda loud with the bubbles setting. I'm not sure about the Brookstone but I gotta turn the volume up on my TV.
2. No remote. The Brookstone has one but not that big a deal.

Overall, this is an excellent foot spa. No real complaints unless the noise bothers you, but you can always just put it on the jets setting which is quite.