5.0 out of 5 stars I think matchbox cars reproduce on their own....
Published 3 months ago by William E. Liberatore

1.0 out of 5 stars Hinge falls apart. Junk.
The hinge on the case is very flimsy. The only thing that holds most of the cars in place is having the two halves together. So...

1. Hinge fails

5. Parent spouts profanity

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful. Avoid., September 1, 2010
apophasis "apophasis" (turtle island; thoracic spine) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
As another reviewer noted, this case is a joke. All the cars fall out if you open it, because their slots tilt downwards. If they tilted just a few degrees upwards, the cars would not fall out. What an egregious lack of common sense. I will be returning mine...

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, December 20, 2009
M. Russell (Santa Monica, CA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
The case isn't built to hold the cars in place so they are constantly falling out every time it is opened. Maybe if you were incredibly coordinated, which my three year old is not, you could open it and close it just right so that 100 cars wouldn't all tumble out at once whenever you try to open or close it. I'm returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read my post in answer to that incredible 5 star review. That review was posted by a company person!, December 2, 2010
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
Do not buy this case! The 5 star review was posted by a company person.

This "case" will NOT hold 100 cars, nor will it hold the cars already placed in it when you try to open it - because, the flimsy plastic divider gets blown right off its hinges and all the cars fall out!

YOu should buy two 48 car cases @ 10-13 dollars each - which is still less than the money they are asking for Mattel's worst mistake yet!

The only advantage with this "mistake" is that it has a pull-out hand bar that allows you to roll this thing behind you - that really only makes sense if you go to a lot of shows and do a lot of trading or selling...but, even then, you are better off with two 48 car cases with attached handles.

They look good, are much less expensive, and hold at least 48 cars each.

I REPEAT - THE PERSON WHO WROTE THAT 5 STAR REVIEW HAS TO BE A COMPANY OR AMAZON HACK! IT CANNOT BE A PERSON WHO BOUGHT THIS MISTAKE TO HIS/HER CHAGRIN AND FOUND OUT THAT IT IS MORE TROUBLE AND MONEY THAN IT IS WORTH!

ONE STAR IS WAY TOO MUCH OF A RATING ON THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious Design Flaw, August 22, 2010
N.P. (Broomfield, CO) - See all my reviews
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
This case works well as a car carrier. It is also made of decent materials. The exception and problem is that the two compartments are divided by a flimsy piece of plastic. Once the case is opened, the cars from the hinged compartment spill out of the case despite the platic divider. To make matters worse, it is darned near impossible to close the case once both compartments are filled.

Pass on this paltry case and buy two of the Hotwheels Molded 48 car cases instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cars Fall Out, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
Yeah, this case is pretty much useless, hence the reason I am looking for a new one. The problem is I have 2 boys and we have 4 different cases for their Hot Wheels cars and none of them are great. The problem with this is the hinge is more of a hook, so after time when you open the cover, not only do the cars fall out as the other reviewers wrote, but the halves of the case separate.

If you want to spend most of your time with your little one putting the cars back and putting the case back together, buy this one, but if not, look for something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAPLY MADE, November 8, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
We purchased this to organize my 5 year old son's Hot Wheel cars. At first we thought this was the coolest solution. He could wheel around his collection and it would be kept neat and organized. This worked for a couple of months. One side has a plastic covering that latches to keep the cars from falling out, and the plastic latches would not work from the start. The Cars would always fall out of its compartments. It became too hard and heavy for my son to carry with two compartments separated, because he was not able to wheel his collection anywhere. We ended up buying a simply organized container for his collection which was too bad. He loved his hot wheel car box.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think matchbox cars reproduce on their own...., June 12, 2014
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
I have a 3 year old and he loves his cars and trucks. I swear he should only have about 20 or 30, but somehow he probably has over 200. This is a great container to at least try to keep them somewhat organized, though my wife has to put them in, he doesn't really do "clean up" too well. Overall, it's held up well and keeps a lot of cars off the floor. If you buy I hope it works as well for you and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

1.0 out of 5 stars it's a joke, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
My 3 year old son is crazy for his hotwheels cars and want to take them everywhere, so I thought would be a great idea to get this 100 car case for him. What a joke!!! the cars fall, the wheels on the case don't turn and we have a very unhappy kid that can't use the case... don't buy this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, November 12, 2011
This review is from: Hot Wheels 100 Car Case (Toy)
My son has scores of hot wheels, so I figured I would get the largest case I could find. It's not that great. The case has different size slots for the cars, which is a plus. It also hold A LOT of cars. But, when you put that much weight in it, it becomes difficult to use. Unless the case is opened carefully, the cars will spill out. The hinge is cheap, but seems to work well. The big surprise is that the wheels and handle work fantastically. If the rest of the case worked this well, it would be a 5-star product. As it stands, I don't mind it, my wife hates it, and my son is ambivalent about it. I don't feel the need to replace it, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Hot Wheels 100 Car Case