Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on January 2, 2014
This is very sturdy and has lots of room for cars. I had trouble opening it at first. Then by the time he unwrapped it I had forgotten how to do it. LOL. But hay, the six year old figured it out. I haven't seen him since Christmas so I don't know how he likes it but I am sure he does. He has a lot of cars and this will help take care of the clutter. The handle seems to be sturdy but time will tell on that. I would recommend this for any Cars fanatic.
on October 2, 2013
My son inherited all of my Matchbox cars and my love for same. So we have a few different cases. This one is OK. Not great, but OK. The problem? Many of the slots are skinny. If your kid only likes CARS, it's fine. However, if he or she likes TRUCKS, especially fire trucks and other emergency vehicles, think twice. Trucks only fit in some of the slots.

FWIW, construction is pretty good. Seems solid and capable of handling abuse.
on December 7, 2014
We got this case for my son for Christmas. It was hard to store the cars because if the inside divider wasn't fastened properly, about 20 cars would fall out. The two sides were constantly coming apart and if your child has an extensive Hot Wheel collection, you can't easily stack this case for storage. I contacted the company about their faulty product and never heard back from them. We either donated it or it went in the trash after six months.
on November 29, 2014
This holds cars for sure, I do not like the inner orange "wall" to separate the two halves of the case. Because of its design you have to be very careful when opening it. For small children who only want to play with the cars, they don't care about the process of opening the case. So buy the time they undo that latch, there's care all over the floor because of the lack of planning I making the case. It work, but could be 10 times better.
on January 9, 2013
Bought this case for my sons cars, so they would not get banged up being put away in toy chest or boxes. It is a great idea but terrible product. The slot to hold cars are open on the bottom so cars can fall though into the next lower slot. A few stay in place because they are too wide but most Hot Wheels cars are narrow and thin so they fall right through. Using this case is no different than throwing them into a bucket.
on August 14, 2011
The negative reviews are spot on -- this doesn't hold up as a rolling storage case. I didn't toss it right away though. Instead, I made the half where the cars fit by their profiles into a display case that I can hang on the wall or rest on a shelf. My son loves to rearrange the cars and "promote" his favorites into prominent spots. Given how much a real glass-and-wood display case costs, this actually turns out to be a good value.
on December 16, 2011
I wish I would have seen previous reviews before I bought this "piece of junk." It is worthless and would have rated it lower if I could. I don't recommend buying this at all. It's a waste of money. Everything is true as I saw in the reviews--hinges crack and break, the plastic sheet never stays in place, cars are constantly falling out which is really frustrating for the child. Enough said. Don't buy!!!!
on October 3, 2015
This case is just awful. You have to be super strategic with which cars go where and it's still a miracle of you can shut the darn thing without cars falling out and the hinge coming apart. This is way beyond what a child is willing or able to do so the thing sits open on my son's bedroom floor. It's just a matter of time before I get tired of looking at it and it ends up in the trash. Such a waste of money.
on July 27, 2015
I bought this for my sons' massive Hot Wheels collection, and was left disappointed. It's very cheap plastic, and it doesn't truly hold 100 cars, after you factor in that matchbox cars come in many different sizes. I found I had to jam some of the cars in to make them fit. Because of the quality and the fact that it's so much easier to throw all the cars in a basket or bin after play, this got returned.
on January 27, 2014
I bought this for my 3 year who has roughly 50 cars. It stores the cars and that's all it's really good for. The top continually disconnects from the bottom and all the cars fall out routinely - and my son isn't very rough with it at all. The wheels work okay and it moves easily along. But given the choice probably would not purchase again. Definitely expected more from the Hot Wheels brand.