4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, easy to use track, but not high quality
We bought this for my son's 2nd birthday. He has just started to like HotWheels and we thought a track to race them would be fun. Here's my pros and cons:

Pros:
- Fun! It is fun to set up the cars and launch them down the track to see who wins. It is even fun the second, third and 30th time.

- No batteries required! Yep, no bright lights or...
Published on May 9, 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Delicate Raceway.
My son received this for his 3rd birthday from his grandparents. It was pretty cool for a while, but the parts that snap together don't stay snapped together after a few days worth of use. The connectors have since fallen off and the track is now worthless.

Published on October 27, 2011 by Kevin R. Cotter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, easy to use track, but not high quality, May 9, 2011

Pros:

- No batteries required! Yep, no bright lights or annoyingly loud repetitive sounds. No expensive batteries to replace.

- Easy to set up. Seriously, you can have it up and running in seconds!

- Easy to put away. It is just as easy to fold up and put away. While is isn't completely flat or small (about 14in long folded) it is way better than a super big, long track that you can't store anywhere.

- Easy to use. We showed my son (who just turned two) a couple of times how to set the cars at the start, reset the flip traps and pull back on the start switch. He has no problem getting it set up for race time.

Cons:
- Not high quality. The plastic and connections are okay but not thick, they are thin and not hinged well. The legs do not lock into place, so the first few times my sons pulled the switch the wrong way, the track collapsed completely. Very annoying. It could be easily solved if the legs just locked. The start switch is so cheap and thin. My son hasn't broken it yet but with continued rough play I imagine it would probably not stand up to the test. The flip traps seem to work fine as well as the start gates. The hinged parts have come apart a few times but I don't know if that supposed to happen or my son broke it or what. It is easy to snap the hinge parts together and doesn't seem to effect play.

- Price. We got this one for $17 at Target. I think for less than $20 it is an okay deal, I wouldn't pay more than that.

Hope this review helps you!

2.0 out of 5 stars Delicate Raceway., October 27, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)

It was great for those first few days. The way it allowed the winners in lanes was cool. It allowed my son to go through every car he had and line them all up according to how fast they made it through the track. He was ecstatic to play with it for days.

Then he started to ask me to snap it back together. He got to the point where he could get a single race completed, then it needed to be snapped together again. He became frustrated, now I have a hunk of plastic he'd love to use.

I've had other stuff for the Hot Wheels cars fall apart like this as well. Is there any type of quality raceway for cars that truly holds up?

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than usual from Hot Wheels!, January 9, 2012
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
I typically do NOT buy anything like this from Hot Wheels. Reason being is that I have learned my lesson. They never work, stay together, or hold my kids' attention. This one is the exception. There is NO assembly!! The concept is easy and my kids haven't seen hundreds of commercials claiming the car will flip and whatever else those commercials lie about. It's just a straightforward race (some cars do get thrown from the track, on purpose). I wish everything they made was this good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
This is a fun toy I bought my son for his birthday. Like any toy, he played with it constantly for a day, and not it sits alone. But when we do pull it out, it's really fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
Best gift for crazed matchbox car 3 yr old. Easy to assemble and clean up. My grandson can race all by himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son LOVES this toy!, January 12, 2012
Amazon Customer (GRUNDY CENTER, IA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
My son bought this with his remaining Christmas money, as a friend of his had a version of this toy. He LOVES it!! It folds up very nicely and doesn't come apart into 12 billion pieces like most hot wheel set ups do. He plays with it all the time, and hasn't gotten bored at all. He is continuously having run offs with different cars and proclaiming the winners!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to hotwheels cars!, November 22, 2014
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
This is a big hit at our house! We've had it for awhile now and although some toys come and go quick, this gets played with very often! If your child loves hot wheels and isn't one to climb on/pull apart toys, this is a great toy. I wouldn't say it's flimsy, but you do need to use it specifically for it's intended use and not as a jungle gym. It has held up through many uses!

5.0 out of 5 stars my kid loves this, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
my boy is 3 and he loves this.. lots of racing lots of fun very easy and its amazing how it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS IF YOUR CHILD LOVES CARS, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
So easy to put together, so easy to store. My son got when he was 2.5 and plays with EVERY DAY

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Lane Elimination, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Hot Wheels 4-Lane Elimination Race Playset (Toy)
Reason I choose this rating is because I liked it. There was nothing to disliike about this product. yes would recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›