5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for any age Hot Wheels fanatic
Published on September 6, 2011 by Jeep

3.0 out of 5 stars So so
My 3 yo nephew loved this but the only thing i did not like was the handle broke off immediatley :(
Published 4 months ago by muneca

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for any age Hot Wheels fanatic, September 6, 2011
Jeep (San Francisco, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
This box set is a great way for a casual or new collector to get into Hot Wheels. The set comes with 50 different cars and other vehicles (no duplicates) and as far as I can tell, they are not randomly put in there as I have found info from others and they seemed to have the same vehicles in their boxes as mine came with. If you don't have any or only own a few Hot Wheels, you will be pleased with the variety of cars. There is something in there for just about any kind of car nut to enjoy. I am certain that any kid would love this set as well, it's just a great set for any age group.

The box is made of nicely printed cardboard and about the size and shape of a small shoe box, and the cars are packed in tightly so it weighs a good amount. If you put them back in, be sure to do so carefully or you can damage the packaging of the individual cars (if that matters to you). The cars all come on the so called short cards, not the standard cardboard backs that you will see in a retail store. A few standouts were the Batmobile, a Monte Carlo SS (80's), Nissan GTR, Datsun 510, Ford GT, Cuda, Chevelle and Twin Mill III.

I'd say if you're a hard core collector, you probably have all the cars in the box and don't need to buy this, but for a kid or casual/new collector this is a great way to start your collection or could be enough to be your whole collection. Not having seen the actual contents I was a little apprehensive before buying this, but now that I have it I can say I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. There are only one or two cars in the box I didn't like, the rest are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price., January 8, 2011
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
At the cost of $1 per car, you can't beat this. The variety is great. It has imaginary cars, real cars, and even a motorcycle and some planes. I don't think a reviewer should mark down the durability just because the box is cardboard. The durability of hot wheels cars is (and always have been) excellent. My 2-year-old son regularly smashes these cars into each other (and into walls, his sisters, etc.) and they still work perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 29, 2010
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
Great product, cars where fantastic, my son loved them. The only thing I was disappointed about was the box. In the picture the lock looks real, but in real it isn't so don't be fooled by thinking its a sturdy box with a lock on it. It is just a show box with a picture of a lock. Other than the box it is a cool gift or as rewards.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Trojan Horse, But In An Awesome Way, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
The big payoff for my son was when he realized that this one present that he opened, actually meant that he had fifty presents to open. It was an intense ten minutes. The variety was nice, but we got a little dinged by the randomness. Other reviewers have mentioned Batmobiles, and more recently Angry Birds vehicles (he would have lost his mind) and we did not get either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cars, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
My students LOVE to get these for prizes. The freak out every time I get a new box and beg to have it when it's empty. It's not the sturdiest box but the kids love the design. And then they see the cars inside and ooh and ah. It's a real crowd pleaser. My students are preschool through sixth graders so it's hard to find something that makes them all happy. I'd recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great selection, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
The set is very well packed. Also the set of cars are all different so my son is very happy Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars my son love every one of them..., February 3, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
this was a great gift!! came in a cool shoe box as shown, each car comes in it own packaging and a hot wheels poster.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool and my son loves it, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
this is awesome 50 car pack. variety of choosing excellent cars. my son loves it what more do i need to say? you buy it you like it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cars for days, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
We didn't give him every car at one time but gave him a car from time to time for being good. There are a lot of cars and he can't even keep up with all those cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars collector, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
I bought this for my son 7yrs old and he loves it. Can't get him to get rid of the box but i am ok with that. Birthday present mission accomplished.

Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack