5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for any age Hot Wheels fanatic
Published on September 6, 2011 by Jeep

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.
I would have given this 5 stars if the cars would have come in a box as shown on the picture! I received these cars in a plastic see-through bag. Disappointed.
Published 1 month ago by Barb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for any age Hot Wheels fanatic, September 6, 2011
Jeep (San Francisco, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
This box set is a great way for a casual or new collector to get into Hot Wheels. The set comes with 50 different cars and other vehicles (no duplicates) and as far as I can tell, they are not randomly put in there as I have found info from others and they seemed to have the same vehicles in their boxes as mine came with. If you don't have any or only own a few Hot Wheels, you will be pleased with the variety of cars. There is something in there for just about any kind of car nut to enjoy. I am certain that any kid would love this set as well, it's just a great set for any age group.

The box is made of nicely printed cardboard and about the size and shape of a small shoe box, and the cars are packed in tightly so it weighs a good amount. If you put them back in, be sure to do so carefully or you can damage the packaging of the individual cars (if that matters to you). The cars all come on the so called short cards, not the standard cardboard backs that you will see in a retail store. A few standouts were the Batmobile, a Monte Carlo SS (80's), Nissan GTR, Datsun 510, Ford GT, Cuda, Chevelle and Twin Mill III.

I'd say if you're a hard core collector, you probably have all the cars in the box and don't need to buy this, but for a kid or casual/new collector this is a great way to start your collection or could be enough to be your whole collection. Not having seen the actual contents I was a little apprehensive before buying this, but now that I have it I can say I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. There are only one or two cars in the box I didn't like, the rest are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price., January 8, 2011
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
At the cost of $1 per car, you can't beat this. The variety is great. It has imaginary cars, real cars, and even a motorcycle and some planes. I don't think a reviewer should mark down the durability just because the box is cardboard. The durability of hot wheels cars is (and always have been) excellent. My 2-year-old son regularly smashes these cars into each other (and into walls, his sisters, etc.) and they still work perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, October 29, 2010
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
Great product, cars where fantastic, my son loved them. The only thing I was disappointed about was the box. In the picture the lock looks real, but in real it isn't so don't be fooled by thinking its a sturdy box with a lock on it. It is just a show box with a picture of a lock. Other than the box it is a cool gift or as rewards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cars, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
My students LOVE to get these for prizes. The freak out every time I get a new box and beg to have it when it's empty. It's not the sturdiest box but the kids love the design. And then they see the cars inside and ooh and ah. It's a real crowd pleaser. My students are preschool through sixth graders so it's hard to find something that makes them all happy. I'd recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, November 22, 2014
Pinata (California) - See all my reviews
Nice Selection
I have bought 7 of these Basic Car 50-Packs over the past few years. Each box has a few special cars (Batmobile, Scooby Mystery Machine, Angry Bird, Angry Pig, Herbie Love Bug...). There is a nice variety, a good selection. 50 different cars for $50.

As I buy a box of these every 6 months (2-3 boxes a year), there have been very few duplicates box to box.
I bought two boxes at the same time once and there were many duplicates from box to box (not an issue for me at all).
I have bought these for:
1. Potty Prizes training a toddler
2. Christmas Stocking Stuffers
3. Goodie Bags for Birthday parties. What can you get for $1 that is actually a cool prize? Yeah, Hot Wheels. Put a few in every Goodie Bag.
4. The whole box as a gift for a special kid.
5. We go to a store and he wants to buy something that I don't really want him to have... Not today Bud, but just wait. I do have a cool prize at home for you. Hot Wheels?? Yes!!

I will be buying more of these Boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gift ever for a car-nut kid (or adult), January 14, 2014
Foofienugget (Long Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
My kid LOVES cars. My wife and I like to think that his first word was "dada," but deep down we know it was "car" (insert 'true story' meme here). Over the years he has received hot wheels for gifts and such, and probably has well over 500 in his collection. Nonetheless, he saw this pack for sale on amazon and wouldn't stop talking about it. I bought it for him as a christmas gift, and he was stoked. Now, it is a beginner set, so he had about half of the cars already, but the big bonus is that the cars come fully wrapped, so he really got to open 50 presents (insert 'not bad' meme here).

5.0 out of 5 stars great selection, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
The set is very well packed. Also the set of cars are all different so my son is very happy Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars my son love every one of them..., February 3, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
this was a great gift!! came in a cool shoe box as shown, each car comes in it own packaging and a hot wheels poster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, June 16, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
At $1 a car, we figured we had nothing to lose. We were blown away when they arrived. They are individually boxed, which makes it even more exciting for our 25 month old. He's just gotten into "big kid" toy cars, and we were glad to get a big base collection that wouldn't have duplicates. We got a moon buggy, and an angry birds one too. My husband said Hot Wheels were his favorite as a kid because they were 'cooler'. After seeing all these cars, I understand what he means. They are more fun that the traditional old time cars my son has. So far his favorites (our 25 mo old) are a big bus and big race truck. We've been giving him a few here or there as rewards or distractions. I would most definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Box, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Toy)
The Hot Wheels 50 Pack Box is a great gift, and steal, for those who have Hot Wheels lovers like I do. I bought a lot of Hot Wheels playsets for Christmas to give to my 4 year old and the 50 pack box was a great addition. It came with a great assortment of vehicles that ranged from a motorcycle to a dragon car. It was surely a big hit. And not only does this work great as one big gift but its perfect for potty training rewards and classroom grab bags.

Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack