Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hot Wheels Basic Car 50-Pack (Packaging May Vary)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on January 8, 2011
At the cost of $1 per car, you can't beat this. The variety is great. It has imaginary cars, real cars, and even a motorcycle and some planes. I don't think a reviewer should mark down the durability just because the box is cardboard. The durability of hot wheels cars is (and always have been) excellent. My 2-year-old son regularly smashes these cars into each other (and into walls, his sisters, etc.) and they still work perfectly.
on September 6, 2011
This box set is a great way for a casual or new collector to get into Hot Wheels. The set comes with 50 different cars and other vehicles (no duplicates) and as far as I can tell, they are not randomly put in there as I have found info from others and they seemed to have the same vehicles in their boxes as mine came with. If you don't have any or only own a few Hot Wheels, you will be pleased with the variety of cars. There is something in there for just about any kind of car nut to enjoy. I am certain that any kid would love this set as well, it's just a great set for any age group.

The box is made of nicely printed cardboard and about the size and shape of a small shoe box, and the cars are packed in tightly so it weighs a good amount. If you put them back in, be sure to do so carefully or you can damage the packaging of the individual cars (if that matters to you). The cars all come on the so called short cards, not the standard cardboard backs that you will see in a retail store. A few standouts were the Batmobile, a Monte Carlo SS (80's), Nissan GTR, Datsun 510, Ford GT, Cuda, Chevelle and Twin Mill III.

I'd say if you're a hard core collector, you probably have all the cars in the box and don't need to buy this, but for a kid or casual/new collector this is a great way to start your collection or could be enough to be your whole collection. Not having seen the actual contents I was a little apprehensive before buying this, but now that I have it I can say I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. There are only one or two cars in the box I didn't like, the rest are great.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2014
Nice Selection
I have bought 7 of these Basic Car 50-Packs over the past few years. Each box has a few special cars (Batmobile, Scooby Mystery Machine, Angry Bird, Angry Pig, Herbie Love Bug...). There is a nice variety, a good selection. 50 different cars for $50.

As I buy a box of these every 6 months (2-3 boxes a year), there have been very few duplicates box to box.
I bought two boxes at the same time once and there were many duplicates from box to box (not an issue for me at all).
I have bought these for:
1. Potty Prizes training a toddler
2. Christmas Stocking Stuffers
3. Goodie Bags for Birthday parties. What can you get for $1 that is actually a cool prize? Yeah, Hot Wheels. Put a few in every Goodie Bag.
4. The whole box as a gift for a special kid.
5. We go to a store and he wants to buy something that I don't really want him to have... Not today Bud, but just wait. I do have a cool prize at home for you. Hot Wheels?? Yes!!

I will be buying more of these Boxes.
on January 13, 2016
five stars
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 16, 2013
At $1 a car, we figured we had nothing to lose. We were blown away when they arrived. They are individually boxed, which makes it even more exciting for our 25 month old. He's just gotten into "big kid" toy cars, and we were glad to get a big base collection that wouldn't have duplicates. We got a moon buggy, and an angry birds one too. My husband said Hot Wheels were his favorite as a kid because they were 'cooler'. After seeing all these cars, I understand what he means. They are more fun that the traditional old time cars my son has. So far his favorites (our 25 mo old) are a big bus and big race truck. We've been giving him a few here or there as rewards or distractions. I would most definitely recommend.
on January 14, 2014
My kid LOVES cars. My wife and I like to think that his first word was "dada," but deep down we know it was "car" (insert 'true story' meme here). Over the years he has received hot wheels for gifts and such, and probably has well over 500 in his collection. Nonetheless, he saw this pack for sale on amazon and wouldn't stop talking about it. I bought it for him as a christmas gift, and he was stoked. Now, it is a beginner set, so he had about half of the cars already, but the big bonus is that the cars come fully wrapped, so he really got to open 50 presents (insert 'not bad' meme here).
on December 30, 2013
The Hot Wheels 50 Pack Box is a great gift, and steal, for those who have Hot Wheels lovers like I do. I bought a lot of Hot Wheels playsets for Christmas to give to my 4 year old and the 50 pack box was a great addition. It came with a great assortment of vehicles that ranged from a motorcycle to a dragon car. It was surely a big hit. And not only does this work great as one big gift but its perfect for potty training rewards and classroom grab bags.
on October 29, 2010
Great product, cars where fantastic, my son loved them. The only thing I was disappointed about was the box. In the picture the lock looks real, but in real it isn't so don't be fooled by thinking its a sturdy box with a lock on it. It is just a show box with a picture of a lock. Other than the box it is a cool gift or as rewards.
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2012
My students LOVE to get these for prizes. The freak out every time I get a new box and beg to have it when it's empty. It's not the sturdiest box but the kids love the design. And then they see the cars inside and ooh and ah. It's a real crowd pleaser. My students are preschool through sixth graders so it's hard to find something that makes them all happy. I'd recommend this product to anyone.
on March 31, 2014
A wonderful way to make your nephew happy and anger their parents! I bought these for my nephew and he just couldn't believe how many there were, it was an awesome experience watching him go through every single one.

The best part, though, was watching his parents realize that they had 50 hot wheels cars that were going to be everywhere!!!