5.0 out of 5 stars Best car case there is
Published on October 30, 2003 by mom to 3 boys

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional not fun
While this toy is not designed to be fun it is extremely functional. My 2 1/2 year old can open and close it on his own. He loves to load his cars into it and carry it around the house. It's also a great place to put the cars when trying to get them up off the floor. It doesn't take up much space so it's easy to take with us on a trip.
Published on September 28, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Best car case there is, October 30, 2003
This review is from: Hot Wheels Molded 48 Car Case - Colors and Styles May Vary (Toy)
I have 3 sons so we have over a thousand hotwheel & match box cars, so I have bought every car case there is and this one is the Best!! It's very durable my kids stand on it, throw it and open & close it a zillion of time (we've had one of the case now for 3 yrs) and still in one piece and still closes tight. Compare to other car case I have bought that have fallen apart within days of abuse from my 3 boys. I like this case so much I bought 3 more and won't buy any other. It keeps the cars orgainized and off the floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Organization has its rewards!, September 15, 1999
By A Customer
The Hot Wheels carrying case makes putting toys away more appealing. Kids may find themselves sorting their collection by type of vehicle, color, or favorite status as they place them in the case. Seperate compartments within the case keep cars from scratching one another, and each vehicle is visible once arranged inside. Plus the case has a handle so the collection can be carried to a friend's house or on a trip. All of this teaches the rewards that come with keeping one's collection neat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional not fun, September 28, 2001
By A Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a 48 car case, September 16, 2010
What they fail to tell you is that the "styles vary" means that some cases only have 12 slots. So you have to put 4 cars in one slot and let them scratch each other up. When they say 48 car case - I EXPECT 48 slots so the cars don't get messed up. Returning product and very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for a child under 5! Poor construction and design!, April 24, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this case for my 4 year old nephew. He loves matchbox cars and he loved this case however the hinges on the door are crap!

the case door keeps falling out of it's hinges and my nephew isn't very coordinated and is unable to put back together.

Needless to say I returned this product for a full refund and purchased a Lightening McQueen car case for 1/2 the price! He loves it and the hinges stay intact. Note: Do not purchase Hot Wheels car case with bottom wheels/without wheels. Both are constructed with the same style door hinge.

Hot Wheels car cases are a hassle for both you and your little one. I do not recommend purchasing this product.

Hope this is helpful!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cars Fall Out, November 12, 2001
This is not a good way to store Hot Wheels. A lot don't fit in the slots, and the ones that do fall out when you open it. Bummer.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good idea but not well constructed, February 19, 2001
Mapmaker11 (Mechanicsville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I thought this case would be a great storage solution for the many cars that are crammed into a clear storage box with no organization. My son loves pulling his "suitcase" around the house, but seldom does it contain cars. One simple reason: it doesn't work. The partion that should hold the cars in place is a flimsy piece of cardboard that can be removed and almost always falls out on its own. Without the partition in place the cars don't stay in the molded compartments. We still use the clear container for car storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lasting toy..., October 30, 2004
H. Brooks (Southern CALI, USA) - See all my reviews
I got my son his first case at age 2 and it survived the terrible 2s. Now at almost age 9 with 2, still, intact cases and a history of 2 other brands (no longer with us)... will purchase more of the Hot Wheel case to replace the overflowing shoe boxes he is now using to store his cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Wheel Car Case, October 2, 2001
This is a great car case. I gave it a 5 STAR in the educational value because it helps teach my 5 1/2 year old to become more organized...it's not hard for him to lift and even though it holds 48 it could hold more if you put 2 thin cars together in 1 slot. We are looking into a bigger case though, but I do give kudos to this design

4.0 out of 5 stars My kid loves this case!, April 14, 2003
H. Linder "sassybiscuit" (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
My son loves this case, it is opened and shut a number of times every day. Kids can be hard on toys, and this has held up well! I actually need another one. He likes storing all of his cars and thinks its fun to drag it all over the house!
Great product, my only recommendation would be to make some slots bigger than others so that we can fit the Fire Trucks in there too!

Rate and Discover Movies