Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on October 30, 2003
I have 3 sons so we have over a thousand hotwheel & match box cars, so I have bought every car case there is and this one is the Best!! It's very durable my kids stand on it, throw it and open & close it a zillion of time (we've had one of the case now for 3 yrs) and still in one piece and still closes tight. Compare to other car case I have bought that have fallen apart within days of abuse from my 3 boys. I like this case so much I bought 3 more and won't buy any other. It keeps the cars orgainized and off the floor.
11 comment|323 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2015
These cases are terrible. They do not hold the amount of cars they say they do, they have big spaces in the middle (for monster jam trucks) but they will not reasonably holds standard cars. The standard car slots have a space under the middle of the car, so that only the wheels are supported. This leads to the cars falling sideways down through the middle of the rows on top of each other.
I found a "thread organizer" that actually fits 48 cars securely. It is a clear case with double sided lids. I got some hotwheels logo stickers and put on them. They're perfect.
review image
77 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 1999
The Hot Wheels carrying case makes putting toys away more appealing. Kids may find themselves sorting their collection by type of vehicle, color, or favorite status as they place them in the case. Seperate compartments within the case keep cars from scratching one another, and each vehicle is visible once arranged inside. Plus the case has a handle so the collection can be carried to a friend's house or on a trip. All of this teaches the rewards that come with keeping one's collection neat.
0Comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2013
I originally bought a couple of these to store A/FX 1/64 scale slot cars a couple of years ago. Those HAD 48 slots. Then I went back to get more and they had 1 of the big compartments and held only 44 cars (Did not like). Now they have 3 large compartments and hold only 36 cars (Sticker on case misleadingly still says holds 48).

I could also see how a small child could latch it incorrectly and have all his cars come racing out onto the floor due to the fact that the cars are stored end first in the compartments and easily roll out.

I've found a better choice is the Plano Molding Co #5315 case. (It's sold as Creative Options Thread Organizer here on Amazon). It WILL actually hold 48 cars SIDEWAYS so they don't just roll out. Two of the compartments are double length (44 are standard sized) and are useful to store longer dragster cars (The rear wing on Auto World Dragsters are too tall though to fit). It's transparent so you can see what cars are stored inside if your looking for a particular car. And, it's 2-sided with a lid on each side so if you should happen to dump cars, only half of them would fall out.

Before you get one of these Hot Wheels cases, check it out.

I kept the older style 48 car Hot Wheels cases and threw the rest in the trash where they belong.
on September 16, 2010
What they fail to tell you is that the "styles vary" means that some cases only have 12 slots. So you have to put 4 cars in one slot and let them scratch each other up. When they say 48 car case - I EXPECT 48 slots so the cars don't get messed up. Returning product and very disappointed.
22 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2001
While this toy is not designed to be fun it is extremely functional. My 2 1/2 year old can open and close it on his own. He loves to load his cars into it and carry it around the house. It's also a great place to put the cars when trying to get them up off the floor. It doesn't take up much space so it's easy to take with us on a trip.
22 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2001
This is not a good way to store Hot Wheels. A lot don't fit in the slots, and the ones that do fall out when you open it. Bummer.
on January 13, 2016
My daughter has a ton of these cars, we've always just kept them in a plastic box but we figured it was time to get her a real carrying case. I got this one because it was the cheapest one on Amazon. I've seen some of the other ones out there but this is the only one that actually looked like it would secure the cars and not just hold them until the first bump.

Very pleased with the case overall, most of the slots are for "normal" cars however there are a few larger slots that fit the over sized cars (and in her case, tie fighter)

It seems sturdy, looks pretty good, locks well and keeps the cars in one place and displays them for easy picking when it's time to play.
review image review image review image
on April 11, 2011
I doubt I'm alone when I say my 3-year-old son is obsessed with Hot Wheels cars. Being as affordable as they are, it's a simple matter to accumulate entire mountains of cars situated around your house. I quickly became tired of stepping on said mountains during my half-asleep, morning trudge to the coffee machine. Clearly, we needed boxes.

Storing these cars in a small, plastic tub is certainly an option (and a cheap one, at that), however it's not a great solution because, inexplicably, my son remembers every single Hot Wheels car in his possession and when they're haphazardly piled into a plastic tub, he can't find that one, specific car for which he's looking.

I researched a few options for storing cars in individual "cells" and most such cases looked unworkable. Either the amount of storage wasn't sufficient, the case could open unexpectedly, spilling the cars out all over the floor, or the case itself would clearly fall apart in a short time. This case addresses those issues well. The quality is decent as the plastic is fairly thick and (most importantly) it uses a proper hinge (rather than creased plastic) that is capable of surviving hundreds of opens/closes. The amount of cars the case contains is perfect as it holds a lot of cars without becoming unreasonably heavy when filled. Having ordered a few of these, I can finally succeed in walking to the coffee machine without receiving an imprint of a miniature 1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee branded into the bottom of my foot!

So why only three stars? That is primarily due to the clasp which is actually *too* effective. It's too difficult for my son to open by himself so he's forced to ask for help whenever he wants to get inside. It's not the end of the world; in a year or so (when he's 4) he'll probably be able to do it himself and, in the meantime, I'll suck it up and open his box of cars for him (oh, the humanity!). But still, I would much prefer for it to be accessible to him without assistance. One other thing (albeit much more minor) is that I wish you could choose a color rather than being randomly assigned one.

Despite my three stars, I'm moderately happy with this case as it solved our problem and seems to be one of the best options available. But, being the best option doesn't automatically mean it's a perfect option.
on October 30, 2004
I got my son his first case at age 2 and it survived the terrible 2s. Now at almost age 9 with 2, still, intact cases and a history of 2 other brands (no longer with us)... will purchase more of the Hot Wheel case to replace the overflowing shoe boxes he is now using to store his cars.