Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 9, 2012
I usually don't take the time to write reviews, but this toy continues to be a big hit with my boys (ages 5 & 2) more than two weeks after Christmas. I've also been meaning to send an email to the folks at Hot Wheels commending them on their engineering. As other reviewers have mentioned, this track is L-O-N-G; 8 feet according to the box. And although it doesn't "fold up" into one tiny little package, it does all fit together quite nicely and compactly. The assembly and breakdown might be a little tricky for a kid, but it's a snap for Dad. It's a very well thought-out design, not something that was just thrown together. And since money's tight for everyone, it's nice to know you're getting something that - under normal use - will last a while and not end up in the trash.
on January 6, 2013
My 3 yo (almost 4) son got this track from Santa this year. He loves it. He can race six cars or three monster jam trucks on it. He plays with it all the time. I definately recommend it.
on February 25, 2013
This was a Christmas gift for four little boys (ages 1, 3, 5, 7). What a hit! They love being able to race their cars side by side in an even match, with the winner declared fairly by the computer!

The toy is fairly sturdy and holding up so far. The lever that triggers the start of the race seems a bit wobbly/flimsy, but the boys are being gentle with it and it is holding. If it is not triggered exactly right, the cars don't all leave their lanes at the same time. The boys have learned to work with it so that 9 out of 10 races seem mostly fair, but it is a disappointing design flaw. I wish it worked a little better--I think it could have been made sturdier and to work better. It seems they skimped a little on engineering/design on this simple part.

Like other reviewers said, the set-up is a bit complicated. My 7yo is able to set it up and fold it away, but the 3 and 5 year old boys cannot. It seems this could have been designed better, simpler, and sturdier, too.

Also, like the other reviewers said, the computer that declares the winner is LOUD! It doesn't make too much difference when you have four cheering boys/8 total cheering family members. But it is tolerable, and the sounds are fun--but yes, loud.

It has been educational. My 7yo quickly analyzed, and continues to analyze, the components of car design that make the winners, such as weight, wheel size, certain aerodynamics, etc.

Be warned, if your children enjoy Hot Wheels, you will buy more cars. Each of our boys picks up at least one new car every 2 weeks or so, and tournaments begin again! When they hear I am going to the store, they rush to their piggy banks to count out the money for a new car, and they carefully analyze the different features of the car to choose one that seems like it will be a winner. As we speak, they are lining up their cars to weed out some as their collection is getting a bit ridiculous (I think more than 20 cars a piece is ridiculous--don't hate me).

It is a bit pricey in the $70-80 range. I feel that this toy seems to be more of a $30-$40 toy at most as to quality, size, and design. We splurged because it was a shared Christmas gift, and we believed it would provide hours of fun play, which it has for sure. So, we paid for the quality play time, the fun, the excitement, and the smiles, and we got what we paid for.
on December 25, 2011
Wow this thing is very cool well made and very fun to play with for kids and adults. My 2 and 3 year old opened this and turned out to be there favorite toy this year! Now I can see older people tweaking there Hotwheels and Matchbox cars up and racing on here as well! After the race is over the track will tell you which car in which lane has won with a LED number and audible sound! This is one toy this year that I feel I got my moneys worth!
on January 5, 2014
My kid has been wanting this for awhile now and couldn't be happier with it. The concept is great and he spends a lot of time playing with it. In this regard, it is already worth it. He's thrilled and I'm thrilled he's thrilled. However, the price is absolutely insane for what it is. Yes, it is designed well, yes, the way the winner is announced is cool and yes, it is nice that you can break it down. However, the plastic is so cheap and thin that I am afraid that it will break easily. If a kid trips and falls on it (which is certainly possible, given the fact that kids run excitedly to the end to retrieve the cars), or it gets stepped on, it will be destroyed. If you do purchase this, I recommend highly that you either collapse it after use (which is not as easy as they make it seem and I fear that it will break with the repeated dismantling--it makes a frightening-is-that-the-sound-of -breaking-plastic sound when you snap it together and take it apart.) and tuck it away or keep it assembled but out of the way of major traffic. Another gripe--it would have been nice if there was something at the end to stop the cars. Unless you remember which lanes each car was in, you will know the lane winner but maybe not the car that won. You can, of course fashion one yourself but, for the price, it would have been nice.
on July 25, 2013
Bought 3 months ago, and this is used almost daily.

Many of the Hot Wheels have stunts and gimicks. I have found that the track in those sets gets warped from heat and the weight of other toys in the toy box. After the track gets out of alignment, the tricks don't work. This ramp folds and the track is well supported. Besides what is more natural than wanting to have races with your Hot Wheels.
on May 29, 2012
This 6 lane track is very cool. I wish they would make even larger versions. This one does fold down for storage but I would be surprised if a child could get all the pieces to snap in the order that they need to be moved to get it all bundled up. Set up is not too bad. The finish line score board is really the best part, showing the winning lane and also with an announcer's voice.
on October 12, 2012
We were at the Treasure Island Flea Market near San Francisco a few weeks ago and there was a guy who had setup a 30 ft. long Hot Wheels based race track. His track wasn't very new looking and it had been modified quite a bit but I recognized that the top of it was this 6 lane Hot Wheels Track.

He was selling cars for just a few dollars ($1 for the slow cars, $2 for average and $3 for fast cars) with a purchase the kids could race them down the track. My son and his friend were so excited about racing cars with some of the older kids that a week later I ordered him this 6 lane track. It's true that it is a little difficult to fold back up but our son absolutely loves it. I wish Hot Wheels made extensions for this track. It would be great to set it up on a table and allow it to go for 20-30 ft. Ok I admit it that I too enjoy the race track as much as he does. It might be great to have something like this for birthday parties or to take it to his preschool for special events.
on January 21, 2016
My son (5) loves this, it's great and I expect many years of use assuming it holds up. Only downside is it is a tad complex to breakdown to put away. Need to teach the kid so I don't have to figure it out each time...
on November 10, 2013
This racetrack is fantastic. I bought it for my son's birthday, and it was definitely the hit of the party. We set it up (be warned...this thing is HUGE!), and all the little kids had a blast racing the cars down the track. It works well with matchbox cars, but also some of the smaller Disney cars, so it is wonderful. The bottom part shows the winner, and it is always accurate. We tested it several times, and it really does work. Would definitely recommend this for any child who loves racing toy cars!