From the Back Cover
The complete guide to running a hotel front office
Hotel Front Office Management uses a human resources approach to cover the unique management and operational challenges in the front offices of todays hotels and lodging facilities. This Third Edition continues its emphasis on applying theory and management strategies, as well as providing new material on technologys role in the modernized front office.
Material is logically presented in the order of operations: an overview of lodging hospitality, a tour of the front office, a review of the guest cycle, and an analysis of guest services. Practical features of this new edition include:
- A new chapter on property management systems to address industry-wide changes
- Practical case study problems in each chapter
- Commentaries from hotel front office managers, general managers, and other department managers
- Articles on the international hotel work force
- Additional case studies for applying theory and developing problem-solving strategies
Hotel Front Office Management, Third Edition, is an invaluable book for those interested in learning more about the hotels front office.
About the Author
JAMES A. BARDI, EdD, CHA, is Director of Associate Degree Programs in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management at Penn State Berks and The World Campus at The Pennsylvania State University.