1,121 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Results may vary from use to use.
Published 13 months ago by Agent106

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 hour energy
I feel like it does give me energy and also makes me feel jittery. The next day I realize I feel like I had "borrowed" energy from my future and am more depleted than ever.
Published 14 months ago by Lisa Masters

4.0 out of 5 stars Results may vary from use to use., February 8, 2014
Agent106 (Tennessee, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm in the Army & an Air Force co-worker of mine recommended that I start taking some of this before my PT test for a boost. I've done this twice now & got varied results. The first time, I took half a bottle of Berry flavored 5HE & it worked great! At first it made me feel like my mind was in fast forward & my body was in slow motion, but then I started feeling like a kid! I could run for miles, did more push-ups & more sit ups. I couldn't believe the results! I took the other half of the bottle the next night at work & I felt well-rested & never crashed (I work 3rd shift at Nissan). The 2nd time, I took half a bottle of grape before a PT test. I still did well, had more energy & never crashed, but this time I felt nervous, jittery & weak (although I got better scores than last time). Overall, I think it's a good product & I'd recommend it. The taste is pretty decent. I prefer grape to berry flavored though. Since I'm short & small, a half bottle makes me feel like I'd gotten the best sleep ever the previous night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and MUCH cheaper here compared with the store, February 13, 2014
This review is from: 5 Hour Energy, Orange, 12 Count (Health and Beauty)
Buy one in the store to see if you like it. If so, come back here and buy this pack. Averaging $2.99 + tax per bottle in stores (which is not worth it), you can save almost 50% buying it on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does work also unexpected benefit, August 17, 2013
This product does what it says it does but I found a unexpected benefit. I found that if I have one in the morning, and one later in the day my knees that always are sore feel great at the end of the day. Told my doctor who could not explain but I have tried it both ways and now I would not be without it. I am 63 years old and have broken both my legs near the knees and have been in pain for years, especially after a day of work. 5 hour does something to relive this pain, don't know what or why but it does for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has a powerful effect on the brain., February 20, 2011
After listening to the commercials I bit and bought the 5 Hour Energy drink. I tried it out just last week. Believe me, this is powerful stuff. It's not just the caffeine that has an effect on you. There are other ingredients that also alter the chemistry of the brain.

We've mentioned caffeine. Big deal. You drink a cup of coffee and you'll get the equivalent amount, which is about 100 mg. Compared to a lot of energy drinks that's relatively mild. 5 Hour Energy makes a decaffeinated energy drink too, so we have to assume that the real effects don't rely on the caffeine. And it's about time. All caffeine really does is substitute one state of poor concentration (sleepy) with another (jittery). Other ingredients help to increase concentration and some even act as mood stabilizers. Still others are nutrients and vitamins.

But that's theory. The real world effects are another story. I tried 5 Hour Energy after a sleepless night. After taking just one shot, which is really the maximum recommended dose, I felt awake, alert and ready to face the day. BUT as the day went on there were other effects. I noticed that my concentration was improved using this drug even more so than with Adderall. (So if you're ADD like me, you could possibly self-medicate with 5 Hour Energy. Just make sure none of this gets out to Big Pharma.)

Unfortunately it had some unwelcome effects. I felt as if there was a dynamo spinning constantly in my head. My thoughts started to race. I was worried, briefly, but convinced myself that the sensation would go away, and it did after just 15-30 minutes.

I now think that 1/2 to 2/3 of a bottle may be the best dose for me. I'm not a fan of inebriation, but I could clearly identify a brief "high" and a slow letdown period that has surely gotten plenty of twentysomethings addicted to this drug.

My advice? Use it wisely. Don't underestimate it because it's small. Whatever you do, don't drink more than one in a 3 hour period or two in a day - so says the label, probably for good reason. And get your sleep if you can. Energy drinks aren't an excuse to not sleep.

And again, let me be clear. This is a drug!

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 hour energy, December 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it everyday!, June 19, 2011
J. Beeson (Wilmington, NC) - See all my reviews
First of all, this stuff gives you energy, without the "cracked out" feeling other energy products give you. I drink it everyday to get me going. I've never been an energetic person, and I find it hard to get going every day. I also have a weak stomach so coffee and Red Bull(& the likes) are out of the question. I stumbled upon 5 hr energy at a gas station, but was taken aback at the price (around $2.50/bottle) but decided to give it a try...I know this may sound silly, but this stuff really has changed my life.

I now have the energy that I need to get through the day. I describe it to others like this: after you take it, you don't even feel any different until you realize "hey, I'm not tired anymore." That's whats great about it. You don't get those shakes and other negative effects that some other energy drinks give you. It just gives you enough energy to wake you up, and get you motivated.

****If you've never taken it before, just try drinking half of the bottle first, and see how you feel. It won't hurt you if you take the whole thing, but there's no sense in wasting the other half if you don't even need it!******

4.0 out of 5 stars Great energy drink but too expensive to drink everyday, September 17, 2013
I've always been a huge fan of 5-hour energy drinks, but it's just too expensive for me to take on a regular basis, I know I tried! I've always preferred not to drink coffee, the only way I can stand it is if I overload it with sugar so that's kind of a bust. My co-worker who is a crazy health nut introduced me to this energy stack, Energy Booster Stack - 90 Day Servings! which I've been taking in the morning and really liking it. If you ever taken raspberry ketones or yohimbine extract then you know what I mean when I talk about an energy high that feels different from caffeine.

I also like the cost, very affordable. I'll always be a 5-hour energy drinker here and there but if you need a consistent source of energy and are concerned with price, this is the most effective and cost effective energy booster I've found. Hope this helps someone!

1.0 out of 5 stars No crash claim is BS., November 20, 2014
This review is from: 5 Hour Energy, Orange, 12 Count (Health and Beauty)
I tried this for the first time today and NEVER AGAIN! I drink Red Bull every day, but have been trying to find an alternative with less harmful ingredients. Red Bull gives me the energy I need without getting shakey, dizzy or light headed and no crash whatsoever. So I figured I'd try 5 Hour Energy especially because of their "no crash" claim. The first few hours went great. I had tons of energy and was just a little jittery, but nothing I couldn't deal with. At the end of the 5 hours I had a crash that caused me to have a panic attack and almost pass out. It was terrifying. My whole body was shaking and my heart was racing. I'll stick with Red Bull.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does boost energy., June 4, 2014
I like 5-Hour Energy because it does boost energy for a time, usually. The boost comes from a combination of caffeine and B vitamins. But when I was using it according to its directions, my B-12 level became too high. So be careful of that possibility. Also, it contains sodium benzoate and EDTA, which are, to me questionable ingredients needing further investigation.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Hour Commute, May 22, 2014
I have a 5 - 6 hour commute every 2 weeks and this is great. I don't drink these any other time and I always feel energized but not buzzed or jumpy. I the winter I drive mostly in the dark and this is good insurance from nodding off at the wheel

5 Hour Energy, Orange, 12 Count