4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great
Published 2 months ago by Prashant Jain

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 hour energy
I feel like it does give me energy and also makes me feel jittery. The next day I realize I feel like I had "borrowed" energy from my future and am more depleted than ever.
Published 8 months ago by Lisa Masters

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, June 26, 2014
This review is from: 5 Hour Energy Orange Bottles, 1.93 Ounce (Pack of 12) (Health and Beauty)
5 hour energy has been a staple of mine for years, as I am sure it has been for many others. Buying it in the stores for $3 each was becoming quite expensive though, so I began buying on Amazon where it was only $2. It is still however a bit expensive, and I sometimes forget to bring them with me. They also really don’t taste good. They are also not as strong as I would like. 200mg of caffeine and some b vitamins don’t really do it for me anymore. So I have been on a mission to find an alternative (a cheaper one) and came across some supplements on Amazon that are much stronger, and cheaper per dose. One of them is called NeuroNRG NeuroNRG – Mental Focus and Energy Supplement. Crazy energy, lots of focus, even a bit of a “buzz” and a bit over $1 per dose. Anyone looking at 5 hour energy needs to check out NeuroNRG.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 5 day long conventions., November 30, 2013
zOMG Dont drink all 12 of these at onceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 0.0 I'm still not able to sleep properly, I keep cleaning my neighbors car at 2 am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps us going, February 12, 2014
Elara "elara65" (Kent, Wa United States) - See all my reviews
My partner drives a semi truck and this product has really saved him on some long runs. What we really like is that it doesn't make him feel like he's on a caffeine high and it also doesn't have that bad crash most products use. I have chronic fatigue syndrome and on some days I need help just to get out of bed. 5 Hour Energy works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does work also unexpected benefit, August 17, 2013
This product does what it says it does but I found a unexpected benefit. I found that if I have one in the morning, and one later in the day my knees that always are sore feel great at the end of the day. Told my doctor who could not explain but I have tried it both ways and now I would not be without it. I am 63 years old and have broken both my legs near the knees and have been in pain for years, especially after a day of work. 5 hour does something to relive this pain, don't know what or why but it does for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Results may vary from use to use., February 8, 2014
Agent106 (Tennessee, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm in the Army & an Air Force co-worker of mine recommended that I start taking some of this before my PT test for a boost. I've done this twice now & got varied results. The first time, I took half a bottle of Berry flavored 5HE & it worked great! At first it made me feel like my mind was in fast forward & my body was in slow motion, but then I started feeling like a kid! I could run for miles, did more push-ups & more sit ups. I couldn't believe the results! I took the other half of the bottle the next night at work & I felt well-rested & never crashed (I work 3rd shift at Nissan). The 2nd time, I took half a bottle of grape before a PT test. I still did well, had more energy & never crashed, but this time I felt nervous, jittery & weak (although I got better scores than last time). Overall, I think it's a good product & I'd recommend it. The taste is pretty decent. I prefer grape to berry flavored though. Since I'm short & small, a half bottle makes me feel like I'd gotten the best sleep ever the previous night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, September 26, 2011
Richard "fix671" (SHREWSBURY, Morocco) - See all my reviews
This stuff just works great! I don't usually review things but I couldn't sit by with the clueless reviews. After a nice lunch sometimes I get a little groggy at work and this wipes it right out. I am also a full-time student. Every semester I get at least one professor that lectures a little to long. I take my little 5 hour energy shot and it helps me to focus, listen, and take great notes. I also find that I am sharper on exams. Not being a big berry fan the flavor on the lemon-lime suits me great.

I have tried other products, most based on B-12 supplements, and this is a totally different product. The B-12 shots do NOTHING for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars this may not be for everyone . . ., April 8, 2014
I work at a very physically demanding job and am on my feet 8 1/2 hrs a day. This gives me just the right amount of energy to make it through and still sleep at night. I don't take it every day, just the days I know are going to be really busy. The price and delivery were great too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, but..., March 24, 2014
I see this stuff everywhere obviously, but never have serious given it a try. I haven't tried it because I am normally a coffee drinker and enjoy my Starbucks. I never seriously saw the need for 5 hours of energy because I just sip my coffee throughout the morning. I bought this based on recommendation from someone at work.

PROS: It tasted pretty good, particularly after I chilled it in the refrigerator. In the morning, I decided to skip the Starbucks and go straight for the 5 hour energy. Sheeesh, this stuff is powerful! I thought Starbucks gave me a jolt over the regular cup of coffee. I think it is because of the shot format. It did keep me going until about 2 PM, or after lunch, when I started to be drowsy, because it wore off...

CONS: I started getting heart palpitations! Yes, this stuff had a kick to it, but it was way to much for me. I read more about the 5 hour energies and other energy drinks an it seemed that people can actually die from this! Scary stuff. I talked to a maintenance guy in our building and he gets the heart palpitations too and his cardiologist told him to quit it or he'll die young. I'm not sure I want to risk it. Personally, I prefer my cup of Starbucks in the morning and when I get the post-lunch sleepies, I go for CLAREX, a caffeine-free mental recovery formula. This regimen of coffee in the AM and Clarex in the PM works perfectly, no palpitations and allows me to sleep well at night too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and MUCH cheaper here compared with the store, February 13, 2014
Buy one in the store to see if you like it. If so, come back here and buy this pack. Averaging $2.99 + tax per bottle in stores (which is not worth it), you can save almost 50% buying it on Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 hour energy, December 22, 2013

5 Hour Energy Orange Bottles, 1.93 Ounce (Pack of 12)
$33.80 $19.15