Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Orange|Size: 12 Count|Change
Price:$22.99+ $5.49 shipping

on August 17, 2015
Drink half now and the other half later, never exceeding one a day and occasionally going off it completely, and you'll be fine. Drink these things like water and you're asking for trouble. The idea that drinking more = more energy is a myth, demonstrable by the very yellow urine you'll see which is your body dumping the excess vitamins it didn't absorb and has no use for. I take them only occasionally when I'm really low on energy and it helps, but nothing beats a good night's sleep.
on December 14, 2015
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT FILL UP A "SUPER BIG GULP" CUP WITH 5 HOUR ENERGY AND CHUG THE WHOLE THING. MY HEART HAS EITHER STOPPED COMPLETELY OR IS BEATING SO FAST THAT I CANT FEEL MY OWN PULSE.

CONS:
I HAVENT SLEPT IN 72 HOURS.
I CANT FEEL MY FACE.
I PEED THIS MORNING AND IM PRETTY SURE IT WAS 99% BLOOD.

PROS:
I'VE DEEP CLEANED MY ENTIRE HOUSE.
I CAN READ MINDS AND FLY.
1010 comments|249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2015
I have been taking 5 Hour Energy for years now. It provides steady energy for a few hours and helps to keep me awake. There is another Adderall alternative supplement that I much prefer call AdderRene XR Adderdrene XR - Scientifically Formulated to Increase Brain Function, Mental Focus, Memory, and Provides Immediate and Long-Lasting Energy! which gives me energy all day long and laser-like mental focus. Both good products, but I definitely would choose the Adderdrene.
33 comments|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2016
Nutritionists are also concerned about other ingredients in the shots and how they might interact. They would like to see more studies on the safety and effectiveness of the blends. Because they are marketed as dietary supplements, energy shots do not require FDA approval before hitting the market.

"A lot of these products contain multiple amounts of ingredients such as taurine and tyrosine and phenylalanine, and of course caffeine and guarana," White says. "There’s not enough research on how they’re going to react together, especially down the road."

Bauer says drinkers may get some energy benefits from taurine but not from high doses of B vitamins. 5-Hour Energy, for example, claims to provide more than 8,000% of the recommended daily intake for B12, which is found in animal products and helps form red blood cells, and 2,000% of the recommended intake of B6. Vitamin B6, also found in animal products as well as in beans, whole grains, and fortified cereals and breads, helps boost the immune system and produce red blood cells.
on March 15, 2016
As a person who has never consumed a cup of coffee or other energy drink before in his life, I can't say for certain just how effective 5-hour energy is in comparison.

I can say that it worked, though -- my God, did it work. Having drunk merely half the bottle, I felt energized and ready to roll in three or four minutes. The product was true to its label in that I was able to study with concentration from 12 o'clock to 5 with no "afternoon slump" or "jitters"(though for a time I did experience a subtle tingling in my fingers). When my five hours were up, I came back to normal and didn't feel any side effects or "caffeine crash". The product is not addictive: I bought a pack of twelve bottles a month ago and still haven't used them all.

5-hour energy should be used with wisdom, however -- the manufacturers say that it contains "no more caffeine than a cup of coffee" but doesn't specify the size of the cup. It took me an hour longer than normal to get to sleep when I drank a whole bottle.

That said, I have no other complaints to offer of this excellent energy drink. I suggest taking half of a bottle whenever you need a boost of concentration or motivation, as that is usually sufficient. Also, drink these only when you need to -- it's potent stuff, and I wager those little bottles can disappear quickly.

5-hour energy is a great resource for workouts, daily business, and the hurly-burly of modern life.
on November 21, 2015
Didn't really want to review this; it is what it is - caffeine - and it does what it should. But then I thought, maybe other people have the same problem my husband does, and might find the info useful.

He gets "cluster" migraine headaches, and has for years. He gets one every. blasted. day, almost without fail. He went to a specialist once who gave him a whole regimen - diet, exercise, get more sleep, and most importantly: quit using caffeine, you're having rebound headaches whenever it wears off. It worked for him, after about a two-week period of withdrawing from the caffeine, etc. But gradually, he returned to his old ways, and the headaches returned. He knows what he needs to do but isn't ready to make the commitment yet. (The caffeine withdrawal was pretty brutal. He doesn't drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages so it wasn't like if I had to give up my morning coffee; it was that caffeine was the only way he could deal with the headaches, and when he had to stop using it, the headaches lasted longer and were more intense, until they finally started tapering off.)

ANYhoo - he sometimes uses Excedrin Migraine pills, which work pretty well, but he also keeps the 5-Hour Energy handy because it works faster than the pills, and he can take it while he's driving (he's on the road quite often). If he wakes in the middle of the night with a headache coming on, he can swallow half a 5-Hour Energy easier than a pill, and not have to wait a half-hour or more for it to take effect.

We are not doctors and are not recommending this product as medicine for anyone else; merely sharing our experience.

Oh, but I have occasionally used it to keep awake when I'm driving long distances; I'm susceptible to "highway hypnosis," and this does help.
on March 20, 2012
This version of 5-hr Energy DOES HAVE caffeine. If you read the label carefully, it states that this decaf version has 6mg of caffeine. I like that it has a smaller amount of caffeine compared to the original.
on June 15, 2016
Ive always loved the boost I get from this energy shot, it doesn't leave me jittery like some do. The taste isn't bad I've gotten used to it. It gives an even keel level of energy that I like. I don't like to have to drink tea for the caffeine late in the afternoon because it keeps me up so this does the trick

It would be quite expensive to buy these in stores I find I save about a third the cost by ordering through Amazon. I will definitely be ordering more
on March 29, 2016
I could not imagine a day where i dont take one of these. they help me to think straight. like with other reviews, you dont take it in massive quantities. It advertises as having as much caffene as a large cup of premium coffee, but it's not just caffene in it and it specifically tells you to not exceed 2 a day. it even says take half for some energy and a full one for a lot. My point being if youre the kind of moron who thinks that it would be a great idea to pour a ton of these into a large cup and chug it, darwin has an award waiting for you in the light. back on point, this is a wonderful product for those who need caffene to wake up and keep you going. it does keep you alert and for some ive found helps to think more clearly. if you feel coffee doesnt do it for you before you try this, this product may do nothing for you as well. do not exceed the recomended dosages on the bottle.
on October 23, 2015
I love this stuff! For some reason, it doesn't cause as much tummy upset as coffee... Anyways, it definitely picks me up (without heart palpitations or jittering).For me, this stuff works as promised and doesn't keep me up all night like coffee does. I also like the tangy taste. It has vitamins and minerals which seem to work in unison with the caffeine.