5.0 out of 5 stars Liquid paraffin - clean burning, long lasting
We have several of these "candles" in our house, to use during power outages. Being fueled with liquid paraffin, they burn without smoke or odor, and the fuel won't break down even after years of storage. The container is designed to extinguish the flame if it tips over - although the base is stable enough that it would take a big smack to tip it over.

The...
Published on August 31, 2011 by Lisa Kearns

3.0 out of 5 stars the PACKAGING is dangerous..
Published on May 16, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Liquid paraffin - clean burning, long lasting, August 31, 2011
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)

The light from these candles is bright and clear, although not as bright as a flashlight. We put one on the kitchen counter and it lights the room enough to get around safely, but not enough to read by.

Because of the risk of fire, I wouldn't suggest using these candles in a tent or in a car (as one reviewer wanted to do). Set them safely on a table or countertop and enjoy 100 hours of non-smelly light.

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 for Emergencies, November 4, 2011
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
I initially bought 4 of these just in-case of Emergencies. I just wanted to test them, because I wasn't sure what type of light-giving device I wanted in my SHTF Box.

When Irene hit, I lost power for a few days and I got a chance to test them. I gave one to my parents and kept the other 3 for myself. The light was about the equivalent of a normal candle so I actually pulled the wick out to about double the original length (maybe 1/4" exposed) and it more then doubled the flame size. I know with the larger flame it won't last the expected 100 hours, but for the amount of light these gave off it is well worth the sacrifice.

The recent snow storm devastated my area had me without power for a few days, These candles were once again a life saver. I don't know how much less life they have with the longer flame, but the main one that has been lit thru both storms still has 2/3 of the fuel left. I recently ordered 12 more candles, so I could re-stock my Emergency kit. These are a MUST HAVE for any Emergency kit.

My only recommendation is to make sure to re-cap the candles when not in use. The fuel can evaporate and be a waste. Other then that, these are the best investment I have made so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really a candle, February 15, 2011
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
This is misnamed. It is not a candle (i.e. made of wax) it is a small container of liquid fuel with a wick. It works just like the old fashioned kerosene lamps. The light output is equivalent to a candle and it does last for about 100 hours. Be sure to keep the cap on when not using it to prevent the fuel from evaporating. A great item to have on hand for power outages. Be sure to keep a lighter or a pack of matches (sealed in a plastic bag to keep them dry) right beside it in the drawer. Unlike a candle this won't tip over and won't drip. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will keep the dark out, April 9, 2011
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
This liquid candle works as advertised. In a black out PROPERLY PLACED IN A SAFE AREA AWAY FROM DOGS, CATS AND KIDS this liquid candle will prevent you from stumbling around and last several days. Think! You only use it when it's dark! 12 hours at most? During a recent blackout we put one on the bathroom shelf and the light was sufficient to ,,,, well you get the idea.
We did put it out when we went to bed and in it's place used a light stick which kinda does the job. One thing we have learned is that you can never have too many of these candles in storage. They last almost forever! And you can never have too many light sticks either.
I highly recommend these candles, especially when it's dark! ~~LOL~~

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept, July 22, 2011
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
These arrived on time and work well. I like them better than candles, for burn time as well as safety reasons. However, one of the "lids" wasn't secure, and it therefore leaked all over the shipping box. In fact, none of the lids are particularly airtight, so I'm curious to see whether there is evaporation over time. For the cost and ease, they're a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted!, January 27, 2012
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
I wanted a long-lasting candle that was not powered by kerosene or gasoline or alcohol. This is a great purchase because it's safe, it lasts a long time and it's not 'explosive', being powered by parrafin.

3.0 out of 5 stars the PACKAGING is dangerous.., May 16, 2012
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
I left a neutral 3-star review for the item itself because we haven't used it yet. I'm sure it would do the job. But the packaging is dangerous. It was not in any kind of shrink-wrap or anything. It had only a piece of clear packing tape over the cap, and it leaked in transit! Add to that, it came in a box with several other items we ordered, and one was a baby toy. Not happy with that AT ALL. We order from Amazon quite often, and this is not typical. Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars a lifesaver, October 6, 2010
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
I bought these "just in case" and sure enough our power went out about 1 month later. A great purchase, just what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 pack, September 23, 2011
BIG HORSE "has spoken" (Down South in da swamps) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
i got a 6 pack of these threw them on a shelf and forgot about them but the first time we lost power these candles were a life saver the flame is very small so it gives off very little heat and in the summer time it gets hot with no a/c! i keep these candles in my house 24/7 and there great fro camping but u need to put them in a zip top bag they might leak a little

3.0 out of 5 stars Small flame, December 22, 2012
Jeff Gudlaian (Granada Hills, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist (Kitchen)
You can barley see flame so I'm sure it will last a while. It's fit for emergency but not to useful for a big room

100 Hour Plus Emergency Candle Clear Mist