Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on September 11, 2012
I run online businesses for a living and was looking to add an additional business or two to my portfolio.

I was a bit skeptical about the accuracy of the figures so I emailed the author about his data sources. He told me where he researched the auctions and I checked them out by myself to see that everything adds up.

Good professional research costs time and $$$ and he saved me plenty of it.

on September 20, 2012
I am very glad that I was able to find such an affordable book that gave me the tools to really think through my business plan and come up with a great business idea. I think that opening your own business is truly the American dream, and I have been trying to come up with a great business idea for years. This book inspired me and gave me a great idea for my own Internet business... I am hoping to launch it soon using many of the principles and advice from this book. I am impressed by the exhaustive and thorough research that the author did and I even checked some of the data he included and it all checked out. The thing that I like the most is that this book is not pushing some ridiculous get rich quick scheme, but that it really gives you the tools to make real money - AND shows you the companies that have been successful using the ideas in the book.
on September 27, 2012
As a big fun of Tim Ferris and his approach to creating sustainable financial independence through muse businesses, I was delighted to find this book.

This compact guide describes 27 successful online stores, looks at what was done to make them profitable and briefly describes what you can do to replicate their success. I was surprised to see how many original ideas people have come up to create profitable businesses. I think I've learned something.

Creating a muse is not for faint-hearted and takes time but this book is a perfect guide to get you started. Recommended.
on September 13, 2012
Prior to reading this book I was motivated to start a successful business but had no clue what would really work.
After reading the case studies on SunSecurity.com and MobileHID.com I decided that an online shop would be the right thing for me. Both shops sold rather high priced products so I figured I should do the same to give me a proper margin. I looked for dropshippers on alibaba.com and found a reliable one for my product of choice after doing some due diligence. I bought cheap ads on niche websites as the autor suggested in another case study and I also use yahoo / bing for pay per click ads - doesn't bring too many visitors but it's very cheap. I made 1k last month and will reinvest that money into some more advertising. Cons about this book: Not too in depth, but it got me where I need to be with some effort on my own.
on October 10, 2012
before I bought the book I already ran a small online shop but had to admit that it was going nowhere, sold it and was looking for something new

after reading through the book I was made aware that all the successful online shops in the book sold products with big profit margins

because I didn't want to invest into buying products before reselling them again I contacted a few manufacturers of high end electronics and asked them if they would drop ship like some of the businesses in the book do

I got a few positive replies and invest my money in marketing instead of stock now

I already got my first sales and hope this can turn into a full time business
on September 18, 2012
I'm currently looking to start an online business that will allow me to travel whenever I want and the case studies of successful online businesses in this book helped me to see what kind of online businesses are really pulling in money comparable to my current income.

I'll use this info asap to start my own online business.
on November 13, 2012
This book helped me to see that there is enough money to be made with online publishing to start my own news site which is already picking up some traffic from google news. I hope I can grow this into a full time job until the end of next year. The best thing about this book, is I can start the businesses, and let them run on the side to support my true passions.
on November 17, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. It helped me come up with some fantastic ideas which is exactly what this book is designed to do. My only grip is that it was lacking specific information in the vast majority of case studies. I understand this is far from a 'how-to' book. But there was space allocated to each study for specific information, yet it commonly had generic information. For example under the "How it was done" sections I commonly saw "It is unknown if the owner created the website themselves or if they paid somebody to create it for him" I would have preferred that the information was better researched, or simply left out completely as it felt something was missing.

Other wise the book does exactly what it set out to do, it gives you fuel to help generate ideas.
on September 20, 2015
This is just a list of some very basic research that was probably outsourced and then thrown together. Very little information is of value, and it is very dated as well. Shame on me as I didn't pay closer attention prior to purchase.
on December 21, 2012
Unlike a real Blueprint you can't build these businesses from the profiles you are given, not one of these descriptions rises to the level of a Business Plan. There are some nuggets in here, and that is why I rate this as highly as I did. The Author could have spent more time on how he gathered the information, then maybe walked you through building a business plan out of one of them, then go on to list the other 26 profiles.

There are books out there about writng business plans, so maybe just adding how where the author did his original research would lead us to do our own, and teach us to fish, not just 27 fish that we might not latch onto. None of the 27 businesses were anything I felt I could add any value to, no competitive advantage for me, and no passion for the business. However had I know where to get the info I might have found some other businesses in industries I was more interested in that I could have emulated.