5.0 out of 5 stars At last!
Published on October 9, 2011 by E. Spragins

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing spectacular
There were some good ideas presented, but nothing spectacular. Will be a useful addition to my library, but could have done without.
Published 5 months ago by Amy R. Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, October 9, 2011
This review is from: House Beautiful Style 101: 400 Designer Secrets to a Beautiful Home (Paperback)
I have been waiting for this book ever since I read House Beautiful Blue, also by Lisa Cregan. Lisa's eye is so good and selective. This book helps you figure out how to achieve the effect that you want in all dimensions: color, scale, style and texture. It's also so refreshing to read decorating language that is evocative but not florid. This is the kind of book I wish I'd had for the last 4 homes I've decorated on my own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Resource !, October 9, 2011
This book is so well done - from paint color samples - to innovative ideas for every room ! I also loved Lisa's House Beautiful Blue - so I was anxious to get this book as well - and it didn't disappoint !! Highly recommend it to all !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., July 23, 2012
This book helped with so many ideas for my new house. It's going to help me with ideas I planned for the future too. It's a keeper.

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing spectacular, March 13, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas for Inspiration, October 6, 2013
The book is mostly photographs. It is inspiring and can stimulate your thinking about design and decor. It is not heavy on details. You won't be able to find all of the products or even know where they come from. But as an offline visual stimulant for home design it hits the spot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pocket sized reference book, February 22, 2013
A bit derivative from HB's larger decor books, re-using similar photos, but nice small reference book for inspiration! Up to usual HB standards.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is House Beautiful?, October 7, 2011
This is a most disappointing book. It's mostly a bunch of ugly rooms fancied up with labels of Glam, Rural, Traditionalist, Modernist, or Accessorator (you don't know the meaning of this word? Neither did I, yet I'm supposedly one according to the meaningless quiz in the front of the book; yet I hate pink and clutter both). You could find many of the same photos by going through Google images. Don't waste your money because once you've bought it, you can't return it.

House Beautiful Style 101: 400 Designer Secrets to a Beautiful Home
House Beautiful Style 101: 400 Designer Secrets to a Beautiful Home by Lisa Cregan (Paperback - October 4, 2011)
$16.95 $12.77