Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: House of Gold & Bones Part One
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 12, 2016
This is cd is both moving and blistering. Corey Taylor is a musical wonder with so much talent, one genre cannot hold it in. The opposites of tender combined with force is so good on "Taciturn". If you've ever been in a relationship with ups and downs, this fits it to a T.
Metaldiva Sez: I cannot explain the complexity of this CD nor it's companion Part Two. This is a must have for all listeners of all genres.. I wish I could be in the same room with people that buy it and listen to it for the first time. Just awesome.
on October 29, 2012
Stone Sour has matured with this effort, part one of a two album concept project. Corey's vocals and the band's dueling guitars, bass, and percussion work together to create one stunning piece of work. Listen to the samples. Pick it up, you won't regret it!
on February 23, 2013
I've been listening to this straight for almost a month. Great songwriting, great vocals and great music - definately one of the best records I've heard in years. I heard this is the first in a 2-part effort and I'm looking forward to part 2.
on November 12, 2012
I was really worried when i bought this album at first because the last stone sour record really ler me down! there where some good tracks on the last one but overall i expected a little better. When i started listing to house of gold and bones i could tell from the first few tracks that this was hands down a better album than the last. Dont get me wrong it is no come whatever may but it is far from a bad album! It has some really great tracks on it and it has a decent mix of hard songs and softer songs. It may take a little getting use to at first but it is hands down a good buy! I defentally reccomend picking this album up if your a stone sour fan i give a thumbs up
on November 14, 2012
For me ,personally, I really liked Audio Secrecy (especially the three bonus traks), just like me Come What (ever) May and continue with this work in the same musical line. If we judge this cd for the first five songs, for me is his best album (Tired is for me the best song from Stone Sour) but it is possible that the album down a bit the high level at the end. The worst song, always in my humble opinion is Last of the Real which is the last of the cd but overall a very good job. Highlight the string section on some songs that give a different color to these compositions Now we wait a worthy continuation. Surely not disappoint us.
on December 7, 2012
Corey and the crew keep it up on their latest installment. Lots of hard rocking and smart lyrics and the addition of a few more personal moments (Taciturn) makes the album pretty well rounded. I would recommend.
on June 2, 2014
Good rock and metal bands are a rare breed nowadays. With shallow pop and rap music flooding popular culture, and being such a big rock and metal fan popular music nowadays is soul crushing to purist like me. But I love Corey Taylor and co. and have been a big fan of Corley Taylor since Slipknots first album. I hated when people say Stone Sour is Slipknot light. That is so far from the truth. And they prove that on these two albums or double album. In my opinion the album sounds like a new band without abandoning their sound. But theres traces of metal, rock, classic rock and progressive rock. The whole album has sort of like a modern Pink Floyd the wall vibe if Alice in Chains dirt era was playing songs from the wall. It also has sort of a Queensryrce operation mindcrime vibe but with a modern metal hard rock sonic sound. The two albums are amazing, but for some reason I listeing to this one more but the two albums should be listeing has a whole. The band is tighter than ever and really surpised me on this album. I knew Corey Taylor and Co. were really talented just didnt know how much. Get ready to be wowed and rocked a must have for any rock or metal fan. Cant wait to hear more my this band in the future.
on January 1, 2013
This album is everything I expected from Stone Sour. The whole album is amazing from the beginning to the end. I have never skipped one song on the whole album when listening to it. The highlight of the album for me is The Travelers (Pt. 1). It is a pretty amazing song.

I highly recommend buying this album. Looking forward to House of Gold & Bones Part 2 in 2013.
on December 9, 2012
The first part in a two part concept double release with the second part coming next year. The house of Gold & Bones part 1 is a great new album with mostly aggressive songs and an interesting concept behind it. After there previous album Audio Secrecy was although a good album a bit to heavy on the ballad and mid tempo song range for some. This album should please those looking for something more Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal style though not devoid of softer stuff it is in the minority and it fits the back story that comes with it. I would recommend getting the CD version as the jump in sound quality is definitely noticeably and worth it and it also comes with the story the Taylor wrote that the albums music is based on. Not sure if that is the case for the MP3 version.
on February 3, 2013
Another great product from Stone Sour. These guys keep progressing with their tallents and ambition.

This album is another great addition.

Recommend to anyone who enjoys new hard rock!

Great job guys!