Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: House, M.D.: Season 2
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 10, 2006
I caught this season in reruns over the summer. I found it a wonderful change from the typical run of the mill doctor shows. In this show House does not attempt to feign a polite bedside manner. I personally found him hilarious in that he says what you imagine every doctor really wants to say. He strikes me as an impolite version of Quincy, from the 1970s.

The early season with the interaction between House and ex-girlfriend Stacy (Sela Ward) was slow, but as the season progresses his staff, Drs. Cameron, Foreman, and Chase, begin to take a larger role in the episodes. I found the devolopment of their characters interesting as they seem to play different aspects that are missing from House's personality.

This season gives you a lot of background on House, however, beware that the season does end with you wanting to see more.
on October 2, 2014
I am still watching season 1 so I can't really comment on season 2. However, season 1 is quite good. Not as good as I had hope as it does seem to be fairly predictable so far. Each episode has a new case and it is solved in the allotted time.....Acting very good.
on August 11, 2011
After a few episodes, it's pretty easy to guess how the show will progress, but the terrific writing and fantastic cast keep things fresh and prevent the series from getting bogged down in the jargon and technical aspects of medicine. It's hard to not get hooked, if you can get past the blood and guts, and this season went a long way in terms of developing the world of House and advancing the characters' personalities, while delivering a couple of incredible stories. The DVD set presents the show in top-notch quality, FINALLY, and improved on the first-season extras, showing that Universal raised their game after fumbling the ball with Season One. Fans of the series will definitely want to own this set, and those who wonder about the show's hype should check it out.
on January 16, 2014
This is one of the better seasons of House MD. The best episodes are the ones when House is fighting a personal battle and he actually wins it. There is great chemistry between the characters and Hugh Laurie is my favorite.
on January 14, 2007
I found the series extremely entertaining, with some misgivings about the direction the development of the character Dr House was taking, but by the end of the series all had been made good, if not better than expected. A fantastic enthralling series, with humour, drama, emotions...I have recommended it to me friends as I do to you.
on January 26, 2008
House is one of the best series currently airing on TV. I myself don't watch TV much and when I do whatever I'm watching must be good. House M.D is a medical Drama that starts British actor Hugh Laurie as Gregory House. Not only does the fill the role greatly, I doubt any other actor could have the same charm he does.

Now season one of House was great and really got the show running. Season carries that over, but is lacking at some points. While watching some episodes it seems that things drag on for too long and are interesting at all. The last episode of this season in my opinion is a great example. It starts off great, but in time it just gets boring. Luckily this is rare. This boxset is still worth paying even the full value of $60. Even if you are just getting into the series this is still a great buy or gift for a friend.

Happy shopping!
on November 9, 2006
I have both seasons one and two sets now and I love them. Not since MASH have I looked forward to a series on TV and in the last few years have almost completely stopped watching TV altogether. This is the one show I plan for and watch.

The only reason I didn't give the set a rating of 5 is that I would have like to have seen more bonus features...more interviews, bloopers, anything to have more to enjoy. I think compared to other DVDs, especially box sets, this one is real skimpy on the bonuses.

I know I will buy season three even if they don't come up with more goodies in the set, but I will be disappointed if they don't add more.
on December 8, 2007
I love this show, it's so intriguing. Even if you know nothing about medicine, this show does a great work at explaining things so that anyone can understand them. HOWEVER, towards the end of the season I did notice that the formula was way too predictible and repetitive. Sometimes a bit more character development, but in the end: You have House doing clinic, then gets his hands on an "interesting case" spends the whole episode trying to figure it out with the whole team, and finally House has an epifany that allows him to solve the case... nice "Sherlock Holmes" style, but I think it could use more variety... something unexpected from time to time.
on December 12, 2008
This is a really good season of House! House and his team deal with more tough cases such as a death row inmate dying, helping a nine-year old girl with cancer, House deals with his ex-wife, Dr. Wilson moves into House's apartment, help a smokin' hot supermodel (who is actually a man) Help Foreman with a virus, and much more. If you like the sarcastic doctor, then you'll love HOUSE: SEASON TWO!!!
on November 9, 2006
The show and Hugh Laurie are great but perhaps better seen at the rate of one show a week. I found Doc House fascinating and great but after a dose of 4 or 5 or 6 episodes a week he often seemed annoying. I also wish they made his crew a little more interesting. Over all very good and I will buy Season 3 next year.