Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: House of Night, Books 1-4 (Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 13, 2014
I love the first four books of this series. I was really excited to read the whole series based on the first four books. If you are older than 12 (or have the intellectual capacity of someone over 12), these quickly become unbearable after the fourth book. After number five, it's like they let a 14 year old write the books...which I'm assuming means that the daughter wrote more than the mom. So if you're okay with only reading about 30% of the series, these four are fantastic.
on July 3, 2013
omg i love 1-4 of the house of night and i can't wait until 5-8 get here...i love these series... not i was a really big twilight fan..but these books just take the cake...i rather have the house of night then twilight...but that is me...and to be comply honest i would say that anyone who is a vampire fan you will love these book...i didn't think anything could bet twilight but P.C Cast and her daughter did a wonderful job...i can't wait until she finally gets book 11 out...so if you are looking a for a good book to read and you want a book that will keep you glued to your sit? i recommend these series too you...thankyou Amazon for letting me get such a relly good series...thankyou so everymuch
on February 14, 2014
Tired of reading only bad books and want something that requires no thought but has a decent plot to soothe your frustrated brain? If so, this is the series for you. While it is clear that P.C. Cast did little of the work, as the teenage voice of her daughter is what primarily shows through, it is clear that P.C.'s hand is on the work, making it a good quality tale.
on July 26, 2014
It's an ok read. Characters were under-developed in my opinion and the writing was a bit immature. Perhaps it's meant tweens only. There's more books in the series and I am not invested enough in the series/characters to pick up the next one.
on February 4, 2014
I had many friends tell me that I should read these books, but kept putting it off. Finally I picked up the first book and from day one I was hooked. I went on Amazon and ordered the first four in the series and finished them in about a week. The next four should arrive today.. I can't wait.. I love Zoey and all her friends. Well written and the story will get you and keep you interested... I love them and would recommend them to anyone who loves a good read. Hats off to the Cast ladies. Keep on writting.. I will be reading.
on January 20, 2011
I purchased these books as a gift for someone who enjoys fantasy and likes vampire series. She said she enjoyed the books and they were a fun read.

My gripe about this box set is that it arrived severely damaged but the damage does not appear to be the result of poor packaging. The box set was crushed and every corner was bashed in. I initially assumed that the damage was caused during shipping but after contacting Amazon and getting a replacement set, the second set also came damaged. The second set came in a cushioned well packed box and the item was contained within a clear plastic wrapper. Inside the wrapped package I quickly noticed that the box had a puncture even though the wrapped plastic did not. I also noticed that the first set of books that arrived did not include the poster that is advertised on the box. It appears that the publisher (St. Martin's Griffin) thinks it is ok to sell boxed sets in this condition considering I ordered a couple of copies about two months apart and they both came damaged.
on December 30, 2014
I'm an adult reading this embarrassing enough as that is. But putting that aside..this series has kept me intrigued enough to read the first four books and I will continue to the fifth which I believe didn't have as good of reviews. But I will judge that for myself because I have to know how this story continues. I love series books because they last longer ;)but so far loving the characters ..I am surprised by the darkness and maturity in some ways but in others it's prob just where it should be for young adults .
on December 7, 2012
So far I can seem to put them down. I have started from boom one and I am now on book 9. It has taken me about a week and a half cause of work and all but I am enjoying them. I have the first four on kindle and I'm working on getting the rest as my daughter is reading them also the kjndle
on October 23, 2014
I purchased this book with high hopes. I recall when the series was at its peak of popularity and many of my friends recommended this to me with enthusiasm.
I have to say I have never been so disappointed in a book. Marked was so one dimensional it literally hurt as a writer to read this.
I honestly was hoping that it was just a bad first impression so I continued reading. I finished the book in about 3 days. And let me tell you. Nothing. Changes. At. All.
Zoey as a main character is so dislikeable it's almost impressive. From the egotistical self-descriptions to the judgmental inner monologue she's just not someone who encourages the empathy which is necessary for a connection between character and reader to form. I didn't care about her enough to care about her plights.
The other characters weren't any better. I've read 7th grade creative writing papers with better characters than this.
I wish I could say the amazing writing style made up for the poor character development. I can't.
The writing was almost comically bad and I really have no idea how this got published let alone became a best seller. The storyline is flimsy at best, the characters are terrible. Throw in the generous amount of ableism and sexism and its enough to churn my stomach.
If I could give 0 stars, I would. Sorry Casts.
on August 27, 2014
One of the best vampire series out there. I bought this set for my niece and she's enjoying it very much. Came to me in perfect condition but be warned, it's not in the box as pictured. (Not that we cared)