House of the Rising Sun [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
• The making of House of the Rising Sun
• Interviews with Cast and Crew
• Trailer Gallery
Top Customer Reviews
Story follows a former cop that served time for being on the take and now does private security for a high end illegal club. Things go from bad to worse for him as he has to figure out who robbed the club and try to prove to everyone he is actually a good person now. The filmmakers really tried to go the artistic way with this one, including well over 15 minutes of filming Bautista driving through the cold city, chain-smoking and walking the streets (I finally timed it because it became apparent they were needing filler for the actual 60 minutes of story). Amy Smart plays the love interest, but the "R" rating comes strictly from the strippers in the club. Danny Trejo has a few lines but it is always fun to watch him. The special features:
* Making of, 9 minutes. Some brief insights spliced into too much film footage to be that informative.
* Interviews with cast/crew, 4 @ 8 minutes. Longer takes of what was put into the making of docu. The Trejo one was only 90 seconds but he gives that great story of how he got into acting (the story has been told 100 times - but I love hearing it again anyway).
* Commentary with director and Bautista. I did listen to it but will mention why at the end here.
5.1 English with subs in Spanish and English. Region 1 coded. The artwork is deceiving as he never carries a gun in the film though he uses one once or twice in self defense.Read more ›
Vinnie wants Ray to use his police abilities to find the guys who killed his son, and bring them to him. As Ray investigates the murder, his suspects die, making it look like he is involved. In fact so many get shot and killed at one point I was laughing. As the police and Vinnie's boys hunt down Ray, Ray must try to solve the crime to a sound track of metal and hip-hop music. The grindhouse aspect of the movie wanes as it becomes an action/drama. Danny Trejo has a small role. In acting Baustista is above Steve Austin and Seagall, but he is no Vin Diesel.
F-bomb, sex, nudity.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Movie had a decent storyline but some acting needed a little work.
The video itself was horrible. Very grainy/digitized and buffered about 15 times. Read more
Not too impressed. Not sure why, but it was bought with "Rising Sun" and didn't compare with the acting/actors or story linePublished 14 months ago by David Poole
House of the Rising Sun. Interesting, some intrigue, lots of flesh and action.Published 15 months ago by Thorny
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Lionsgate Home Entertainment > All Lionsgate Titles