5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Entertaining Show for Kids and Adults!!!, March 3, 2007
Ok, ok...I know this is a cartoon series, but I must say that I find it hilarious! I am 31, and my son is soon to be 6. He and I watch this show together every weeknight at 7pm, and it doesn't matter that we've seen the episodes several times! They are just as funny each time! Also - if you have a child, watching them laugh at the characters is worth the price alone! The show has jokes and obvious sight gags that are geared towards adults....yet it has 'childish' humor and moralistic storylines. You wouldn't think that your child could learn anything from this show, but they do! Friendship, honesty, being trustworthy, diligence.....it's all here, along with fart jokes, fast-talking Goo, and the self-centered Bloo. Trust me- if you like cartoons AT ALL, you will love this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Funny!, December 27, 2006
MrsChime "Lynn" (The Beautiful Northwest, USA) - See all my reviews
Mac is a good boy- bright, sensitive, and a little shy. His imaginary friend Blooregard, or Bloo for short, is mischievous, self centered and lazy. But they're the best of friends. Mac's mother insists age 8 is too old to have an imaginary friend. She means well, but Mac and Bloo refuse to part. So Mac secretly brings Bloo to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, where many other colorful imaginary friends live because their creators gave them up. The other friends are hoping to be adopted by a new kid, but Mac doesn't want anyone to adopt Bloo if he's to live there. So Madame Foster, for whom the home is named, agrees to a deal with Mac, that as long as he visits Bloo every day, Bloo will always be his and no other child will ever be able to adopt him. So now Bloo has a new home, makes new friends, gets into new mischeif, and still sees his best buddy Mac every day.

I love this cartoon! It's so funny, even by adult standards. I also admire it because it has virtually no "potty humor", so parents can feel confident in letting their kids get into it. It doesn't come accross as "educational", but does handle things like friendship, loyalty, courage, peer pressure, self esteem, and other such virtues. On TV it's rated Y7, probably because some younger kids might find some of the imaginary friends a little scary looking, particularly the "Extremesaurs", aka the imaginary friends created by "jerky teenage boys", but they don't make very many apperances. But even if some of the friends are "monsters", you can't find any funnier or nicer, other than maybe in puppet form. =)

The two disk DVD set comes in a standard plasic DVD case with a cardboard slipcover. Nice quality. The stock photo is of the slipcover. The case itself has scenes from the episode Store Wars. The DVD includes all 12 episodes and the 90 minute pilot "movie". The episodes are as follows-

-Disk 1-
House of Bloo's (split into three parts)

Busted

Phone Home

World Wide Wabbit

Berry Scary

Who Let the Dogs In

-Special Features- (all except commentary on disk two)
Commentary on "Store Wars" with Blooregard, Mac and Frankie (Sooo funny! Like a whole new episode in itself)

"What Happens when your Imagination runs Wild?"- A peek behind the scenes with Craig McCracken

Show promos- short segments CN occasionally airs between shows

Gallery of Friends- an introduction to the lesser known friends in the house

End of episode gags

A game code for Big Fat Awesome House Party

And at least three "secret" extras you kind of have to search for (on each disk)

And that just about does it! I have no regrets in getting this in the least, and now look forward to season 2 being released. I hope to be among the first in line to get that one, too! =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids, March 2, 2007
This program is brilliant in that it is not only great for kids, but for adults as well. Scattered throughout are fabulous jokes that are clearly over the heads of children, and frankly, over many adult's heads too (think references ranging from the Marx Brothers to Douglas Adams, and I swear a little Python from time to time). Although creator Craig McCracken worked on shows with similar humor like "Dexter's Laboratory" and "the Powerpuff Girls" (which he also created), "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends" is a step above the rest.

From an animation standpoint alone, "Fosters..." is most enjoyable with its clean, cut out, mod 1950's-1960's motif that draws so much from period artists like Charlie Harper. Did I also mention that it has one of the all-time best theme songs ever?

This DVD is a must-have for cartoon fans of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's NOT Your Imagination., March 8, 2007
You heard me right, people. It's real as real can be ! It's the awesome hit Cartoon Network series in a brand-new 2-disc DVD set !

Watch the madcap mania in the first thirteen episodes of the TV show including the "House of Bloo's" premiere movie. (Note that these three episodes are in a "separate" form; unlike the way Cartoon Network showed the whole movie in its entirety.) Join the crazy antics led by Blooregard Q. Kazoo (or just plain Bloo) and his other imaginary pals Coco, Wilt, Eduardo, and a whole lot more friends that live in this bigger than life mansion of Madame Foster. Some of these (mis)adventures include the time Bloo broke the statue of Madame Foster, the episode where he opened a secret door unleashing a swarm of tiny friends, and the one where he tapes some rather embarassing footage of the uptight Mr. Herriman.

There are also some great special features on this DVD like a behind-the-scenes interview with creator Craig McCracken (the dude that also brought you "The Powerpuff Girls") and staff. There's even some exculsive promos on this DVD, a list of some of the other imaginary friends with rather detailed descriptions, and - OOH ! - a commentary by Frankie, Mac, and Bloo on the "Store Wars" episode. (Something I didn't expect since "Cartoon Network Christmas, Volume 3".) And another thing, you won't see the end credit animations after each episode because they're all compiled together in the special features under the name "End Credit Gags".

One more thing: if you see something "gleam" on the "Main Menu" and/or "Episode Selection" screen, you'll know that it's a "hidden feature" just waiting to be seen. Just check it out.

This is really one imaginative series you'll want to own on DVD. I certainly hope the second season comes out real soon with even more fun !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cartoon on TV, March 7, 2007
I'm 24 and an big cartoon person. Cartoons are great when they are for both adults and kids. This show is the epitome of what a cartoon should be; a great combination of characters and storylines. Even the movie was good. I've even convinced a few other adults to watch and they love it almost as much as I do.

With lines like "I'm a hot toe picker", "I have gingivitis", and countless others who wouldn't like this?

5.0 out of 5 stars Love The Show, January 20, 2007
M. Tucker (Schenectady, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I cant believe nobody thought of the idea to make a kids show based around Imaginary Friends!,it seems to have endless possibilities and as you can all see is a huge hit for cartoon network, i stumbled across this show one day and found myself loving it immediately, as a 21 year old cartoon fanatic this show filled a void in cartoons that have been missing over the years. bloo and mac got me into the show but the ideas and supporting friends keep me coming back, i havent seen the first season so i cant wait to own this. hopefully all seasons come out and cartoon network puts more of theyre current hits out in season sets along with theyre classics!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally new idea, January 31, 2007
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends has a totally new idea, never seen a show like that before..kids have the ability to create friends by imagining..watch "Mac" an 8 yearsold kid with his imaginary friend "Bloo" hanging out with a bunch of imaginary friends.."Wilt" a very kind & helpful friends with a great basketball skills, "Coco" a bird-airplane & a palm tree imaginary friend whom speaks & writes "coco" only, "Eduardo" a coward monster who speaks Spanish & a lot of characters whom gonna make you laugh during the show so don't miss it.

5.0 out of 5 stars More excellent work from the creator of "The Powerpuff Girls.", March 21, 2007
Edward Aycock (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I'm glad that we've had the Cartoon Network for the past decade or so to intorduce new cartoons with a quality previous TV cartoons never came clsoe to.

"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" has wonderful animation and great characters. I was a little hesitant at first when I saw this advertised, thinking it may be a treacly, feel-good show. I should have known better. This is one of my all-time favorite cartoons. As other reviewers have pointed out, "Foster's" is gut bustingly funny and appeals to both adults and kids without being crude. I have nothing against crude humor, but it's great to see a cartoon that's so funny on its own merits.

My favorite character is Eduardo (I can't help but like a character with the same first name as I), but all the characters are well conceived and able voiced.

This is a great collection and I'm hoping we won't have to wait long for the second season.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Have to Love Foster's!, April 19, 2013
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends--great fun !!! My wife (60 years old) and I love (61) Foster's. We bought this for our neighbor's son. Also, a Foster's fan. He loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloo who?, June 17, 2007
Fosters Home for Imaginary friends, might be the best cartoon ever made. I sayt MIGHT BE, because I still love the ol' cartoons from when I was just a wee lad. An' there's nothing that's ever gunna quite top or match the ol' Loony Toons. Any ways, Fosters, so, I know every one has their own favorite friend or character. Wilt's kind, and Edwardo's scary but snuggley an' Coco's awesome (why hasn't she been adopted?) but the major player, the top friend is (an' I know he'd love this) BLOO! He's totally the BEST!

For me, any character that can run screaming down halls chaced by anything and creating mayhen all around, it a winner in my book.

Now, this season doesn't have Cheese or Goo, but it does have Bloo's dance down the stairs in the episode with the first "adopt a thought saturday." If you know the dance, then you know it's worth the entire DVD price just to be able to watch it over and over again, but wait there's more!

YOu also get the "going to the mall episode." Haven't heard of it? Then buy the DVD you need to see it!!!

If you want to see one of the funniest cartoons ever made then buy THIS cartoon! If not for you then your kids, oryour dog, jus' buy it! You won't regret it.

Rate and Discover Movies