5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, sturdy, good-sized bag
Published on February 25, 2011 by Deepal S Patel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design, materials just okay --but we used heavily
Published on November 16, 2008 by Peggy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design, materials just okay --but we used heavily, November 16, 2008
Peggy (Gulf Breeze FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Household Essentials Rectangular Krush Canvas Tote Bag (Kitchen)
Our sailing school and charter company needed an affordable way to tote linens to the boats. These are an excellent size, shape and color. They collapse to a reasonable size for storage on a boat and are well constructed. The handles and frame are holding up perfectly. The outside, though, picked up dirt easily and cannot be washed --so not recommended for outside use. The inside is water resistant --like a cheap version of oil cloth. At first this was was wonderful, but after 6 months of use, the inside is peeling and cracking. For our home, we have a couple that we use to tote our recycle to the dump --this level of use has worked well. We do recommend them, but we need to note that life can be limited with heavy use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, sturdy, good-sized bag, February 25, 2011
I bought two of these because they are perfect for apartment living. I keep one on the floor of my closet and my husband does the same for his closet. They are the perfect size for collecting about two weeks worth of laundry. We also have a baby who produces tons of laundry, and these bags can still hold it all. They are well constructed. After two years of use, there are some minor (very minor!) signs of wear and tear at the corners/edges. The handles are sewn in very well and work perfectly even after carrying a lot of weight in the bags to laundromats. I am 5 feet tall, and the bags are still easy for me to carry around...they are not cumbersome because of length or width. The bags crunch up very nicely for when we want to hide them under the bed. I highly recommend these bags!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Laundry Basket Ever!, April 14, 2009
This basket is the perfect size for a large load of laundry, yet unlike traditional laundry baskets, it takes up very little room when empty. The handles are exactly the right length, and the collapsable sides make negotiating hallways and doorways a breeze! I had one for years (they are quite durable) then just bought three more--I never want to do laundry without them again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost total crap. Er, ...item not as advertised, April 13, 2012
Disappointed. These are not "natural cotton canvas" on the outside, as advertised in the Amazon write-up. Rather, they are 100% polyester on the outside with a vinyl lining inside. Both the bag's tag and the cardboard sleeve in which it was packaged say as much. We bought 2 of these via Prime directly from Amazon. I don't know if it's a re-design or what. These are made by Household Essentials and feel like super-cheap plastic sail cloth.

Besides all that, they're just plain gross-looking. You might expect them to be white, ivory, or "natural" in color, but the Krush Containers we received are a drab Soviet gulag shower curtain grayed-white. Depressing. The handles? Super thin nylon and chintzy -- not even as thick as cat collar webbing. Now it's not like we need 'em to look fancy -- they were just gonna be employed for hauling laundry mainly -- but these are completely dispiriting. And from the looks of their fabrication, I don't really believe they'd last that long, anyhow.

I figure many people won't care about the cotton vs. poly discrepancy, but I was after a sturdy cotton canvas bag, which is much easier to wash and fold up compactly. We tried to think of an alternate use, because returning things is no fun... but nope, these are going back. Hope they update the listing info.

2.0 out of 5 stars Functional but not durable, July 24, 2013
Seeing all the glowing reviews here, I am rather surprised. I purchased this bag in late 2009 to replace a mesh bag that just gave up after a few years of use. I much preferred mesh, but was no longer able to find one with handles and a "landscape" orientation ... tall hamper types are ubiquitous, but not the wide orientation.

From the start, the inner coating cracked and began flaking off. This is vinyl. This is not material you want flaking into your clothes or your child's clothes. I have so much duct tape covering the cracked areas, I'm just sick of patching it and if necessary, I'll go to a plain rigid plastic tote rather than buy anything coated like this product again.

Perhaps there was a bad batch of product made and those of us who hate it got that lot. Or perhaps the product is just not durable and those of us who have discovered its deficiencies are those who have put it to more strenuous use.

Either way, my recommendation is: avoid this bag. It is not durable and flakes off vinyl. I personally consider vinyl to be a product of questionable safety so this represents a lose/lose scenario in my book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product arrived filthy and missing items, August 29, 2013
We ordered 6 totes but only 4 arrived. Of the 4 that arrived they looked like they had been run over in the warehouse. In addition, the images appear that they stand up on their own but alas that isn't true.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect laundry tote!, December 6, 2011
Hannah Mazz (Glenside, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I love this as a laundry tote! It fits perfectly on the floor in the kids' bathroom, tucked into a corner, and it is perfectly sized for a full load of laundry. Once it is full to the top, I know it's time to do some wash. This little tool helps me stay on top of "Mt. Washmore!" (Thanks to Fly Lady for that idea!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Krush storage containers from Amazon deliver!!, February 26, 2012
Janess Adams (Grand Blanc, MI, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased 8 of these to use for laundry in lieu of the giant plastic baskets. They are easy to maneuver up 2 flights of steps, are surprisingly lightweight, even filled, and can easily be folded and stowed under the beds. Don't know why I didn't make the purchase years ago!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting, August 12, 2013
I never have written such a horrible review as I am about to do now. This arrived with multiple, dirty and disgusting stains all over it. It looks like someone used this for YEARS and then returned it. It is so dirty that I cannot believe that someone at amazon had the nerve to package this and send it out to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tuff and compact (great luandry baskets), June 23, 2012
LD (EDINBURG, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
We have 3 of the Krush storage containers. We use two for laundry baskets as they fold away when not in use, are very easy to carry with one hand with the strap. Another my wife keeps "SHOES" in, easy to drag out and look through. This is a true canvus product and very well made. As we live in a 45' motor home the fold away feature for out of the way storage is wonderfull.

Household Essentials Rectangular Krush Canvas Tote Bag