Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 24, 2005
This is an outstanding book, but it doesn't quite live up to its title. You can't use it as an identification guide to the style of American religious structures, unless you had absolutely no knowledge of what, for example, gothic revival is. If that's the case, you're probably not thinking of buying this book. But, that said, it is an excellent survey of the best churches and other religious structures in the country. I've read, I believe, all the similar books and this is clearly the best. Perhaps that means simply that I agree with his choices, but he looks at a more thorough cross-section of such buildings than anyone else has. His architectural insights are not profound, but the photography is excellent and the buildings speak for themselves. When I bought this I thought I was simply keeping my collection complete, but it has filled a gap that I didn't realize I had.
on June 9, 2015
A very interesting book about several desings of Church buildings found in the US from east to west. A book where I was looking for a very long time! Good detailed with impressive photographs and drawings.
on January 18, 2013
This book provides a very helpful classification guide to the many architectural styles employed by Christians and Jews in the United States.
There are LOTS of very helpful photographs. The photographs come from throughout the country, but several geographical clusters are evident among them, New England.
I don't know of a better book for identifying the styles or getting a sense of the architectural diversity of American churches.
on March 7, 2014
I was shocked to see how big this book was

great cover and lots of pictures in full detail

love books on churches
on July 15, 2015
Very informative book with loads of information, color photography and detailed diagrams.