|Print List Price:||$12.88|
Save $8.89 (69%)
The Housewife Assassin's Vacation to Die For (Housewife Assassin Series, Book 5) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
- The Housewife Assassin's Handbook [Book 1; 2011, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Guide to Gracious Killing [Book 2; 2012, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Killer Christmas Tips [Book 3; 2012, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Relationship Survival Guide [Book 4; 2013, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Vacation to Die For [Book 5; August 2013, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Recipes for Disaster [Book 6; November 2013, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Hollywood Scream Play [Book 7: March 2014, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Deadly Dossier [Series Prequel; June 2014, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Killer App [Book 8; August 2014, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Hostage Hosting Tips [Book 9; November 2014, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Garden of Deadly Delights [Book 10; March 2015, Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Tips for Weddings, Weapons, and Warfare (Book 11; July 2015; Signal Press]
- The Housewife Assassin's Husband Hunting Hints (Book 12; December 2015)
- Totlandia/Onesies, Book 1/Fall [2012, Signal Press]
- Totlandia/Onesies, Book 2/Winter [2012, Signal Press]
- Totlandia/Onesies, Book 3 / Spring [2013, Signal Press]
- Totlandia/Onesies, Book 4 / Summer [2013, Signal Press]
- Totlandia/Twosies, Book 5 / Fall [2015, Signal Press)
- The Candidate [Steamy Political Thriller; 2013 Signal Press]
- True Hollywood Lies Series [2011 / 2005, Signal
- Hollywood Hunk
- Hollywood Whore
- Gone with the Body [The Body Movers/Kindle Worlds Novella]
- The Baby Planner [2011, Simon & Schuster]
- Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives [2010, Simon & Schuster] which was optioned by producer Jerry Bruckheimer as a dramatic series for television.
Like most authors I know, I'm a voracious reader. My favorite classic authors are Edith Wharton, John le Carre, Martin Cruz Smith, Jane Austen, Graham Greene, P.D. Wodehouse, Margaret Mitchell, Glen David Gold, and Raymond Chandler.
As for contemporary authors, I think that both Martin Cruz Smith and John Le Carre are two of the best writers alive, and I love the writing styles of Helen Fielding, Jackie Collins and Allison Pearson. I think John Lescroart and MJ Rose are amazing, both as authors and author advocates.
I'm a cinephile (I see everything--chick flicks, action films, art house movies, almost every kind of foreign film) and I'm a walker and hiker--anywhere from four to eleven miles a day.
Otherwise, I'M WRITING. Or researching for my next books....meeting the wonderful people who let me know that what I write resonates with them...or hanging out in my fave bookstores (which is any bookstore in any town I happen to be in, at the time).
I've got a sweet romantic husband (who both cooks AND walks the dog, come rain, sleet or flood), and two great funny kids, a boy and a girl. Yeah, I know, I'm lucky, and I should count my blessings. (Believe me, I do!)
I'm also the author of three non-fiction books: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Finding Mr. Right [Alpha/Pearson]; Marriage Confidential: 102 Honest Answers to the Questions Every Husband Wants to Ask, and Every Wife Needs to Know [Signal Press]; and Last Night I Dreamt of Cosmopolatans: A Modern Girl's Dream Dictionary [St. Martin's Press]
As a journalist, my celebrity interviews and relationships trends articles have been featured in Los Angeles Times Syndicate International, Redbook and Complete Woman magazines, as well as AOL, Yahoo, AskMen.com, Divorce360.com, and SingleMindedWomen.com
You can connect with me here, or on:
- Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/JosieBrownAuthor
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/JosieBrownCA
PRAISE FOR JOSIE'S BOOKS:
The Baby Planner
"Brown takes baby mania to its illogical, hysterical extreme in this bubbly romp....But what begins as a light foray into Bugaboo country turns into something bigger than a satire of status-obsessed Bay Area yummy mummies as Brown takes a dark look at the fears of parenthood and family, with Katie's heartbreaking longing for a child unveiling a disturbing reality about her marriage and family. Still, the message from the somber realities is one full of hope: love makes a family, commitment keeps it together." --Publishers Weekly
Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives
"Josie Brown writes with all the secrets, sex, money and scandal of an OK Magazine cover. Truly entertaining reading."--Jackie Collins, Hollywood Wives
"Josie Brown's writing is whip-smart as well as wickedly funny, and just as you are enjoying the ride she takes you on, she shatters your heart with her insight into modern lives." --Tatjana Soli, New York Times bestselling author and 2011 recipient of the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for fiction for The Lotus Eaters
"Already touted as the perfect summer beach read, this character driven (sometimes steamy) book can best be described as the offspring of an affair between Desperate Housewives and a Jennifer Weiner novel....A quick look into the sometimes catty world of wealth where priorities get shifted, friendships get broken and marriages, like their mansions, get rearranged. It was light and fluffy (with some excellent dialogue.)..." -- GoodHousekeeping.com
"I loved it! Josie Brown captures the highs and lows of love, lust and marriage with heartwrenching pathos. I'm recommending it to all my friends as the perfect beach read!" -- Lisa Rinna, acatress, and author of the novel Starlit
True Hollywood Lies
The tone is confessional, the writing laced with venomous humor..."
--Wall Street Journal
"Brown captures the humor of working for a megalomaniac...[A] well-paced, entertaining story..." --Publishers Weekly
"A fine piece of literary work." --New York Post
"Brad, Angelina, Britney and Kevin may want to check out Josie Brown's new novel, Impossibly Tongue-Tied, for its ripped-from-the-headlines plot that mixes their scandals together..." - PAGE SIX, New York Post
Josie lives in San Francisco, California, with Martin and our two children.
Martin, my husband: THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO FINDING MR. RIGHT, and MARRIAGE CONFIDENTIAL: 102 HONEST Answers to the Questions Every Husband Wants to Ask, and Every Wife Needs to Know.
Top Customer Reviews
Let me just say, if you are looking for a funny, mystery with some romance, this is the series to read! Start with book 1. You will not be disappointed. Josie has a way that she makes her characters so real. Donna is kick butt. Every women should have a friend like Donna Stone. And Josie did not slack in the men's department either. There is a great love triangle will make you want to scream at times, throw your kindle/iPad in frustration and crack up laughing all in one scene.
Josie I know you kicked butt with this book!!
Off to read!!
Ms. Brown does it again! This time, tag along with Donna, Jack, their team, family and new-comer (don't forget your swimsuit and sunscreen!) on a thrilling, kept me on the edge of my seat mission. I am never disappointed by Josie's ability to weave useful tips, worth while advice, humor and barbed quips into such a fascinating story line with such believable, loveable, love-to-hate, lifelike characters.
Thank you for such great reads! Can't wait to see what happens when the saga continues!
Spoilers - so don't read further: Jack is massively unsupportive of our heroine's chance at running a mission - and the author wonders why readers aren't enamored with him? And let's not forget the ongoing slams about Donna's weight - aren't we supposed to believe she is a delicious honeypot, not that she is unappealing? Practicalities: two experienced and world-aware secret agents let a 5/6 year old child go off with Babette without knowing where or who else (Lee) and don't do a background check, much less GPS the kid? And did I miss the conversation when, having told Donna she needs to let Mary be more independent, the girl nearly gets raped because - hey! - she is 12 years old and a child ... anyway, did I miss the conversation where Donna tells Jack he is an idiot and has no idea how to parent? Oh, the continual jealousies of Donna, which makes no sense and have now been done over the top ... and Jack is upset about Dominic? Really?
So many loose ends, a sign of a series without editing. Did Donna ever follow up to see who's baby Valentina was carrying? No - because she's never jealous and Jack is always home with her nights and told her all about Valentina every step of the way and never tried to hide their encounters ... exactly how was Donna's SWAT arrest explained to the neighborhood?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The writing is sort of a parody. The naming conventions can be bad. Rin tin tin and lassie as dog names. Principal belding from saved by the bell. Chiffre from 007. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Douglas J. Berry
I like this series very much and I always looked forward to reading the next one.Published 2 months ago by B. Kozloski
While trying to find a missing scientist and virus, Donna runs into crocodiles, pygmies and keeping her children out of trouble.Published 5 months ago by Kindle Customer
I love all the books in this series. After reading the first I haven't been able to stop. Can't wait to start the next.Published 5 months ago by love it
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy