5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Magnifiers
After reading all of the comments on the various magnifiers, it was apparent that none stood out unless they cost nearly $50. I had a very old set of the Opti-visor type and wanted something a little different. Pros and Cons:
Pros:
Very light
The glasses type frame is very sturdy and doesn't shift
Distortion free lenses
You can see around them,...
Published on June 4, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap construction but does its job for the most part.
This item was constructed very cheaply:

-The plastic piece that holds the lens is very hard to get the lens in and off of and seems like it will break if you swap lenses too much.
Published on June 20, 2012 by Diab

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Magnifiers, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Housweety Professional Jeweler's Lighted Magnifier Visor - 5 Lenses 1.0X to 3.5X - Weighs Just 2 oz. (Tools & Home Improvement)
Pros:
Very light
The glasses type frame is very sturdy and doesn't shift
Distortion free lenses
You can see around them, they are 3 or 4 inches in front of your nose, so you don't have to flip up to see your coffee.
You don't get the vague closed in feeling you get with the visor
Lots of mag choices, in a nice box
Price is very reasonable for what you get.
The light is very bright and hits exactly where you're working. Battery included.

Cons:
No good way to store these. I fold them up, they don't fit in the box and I'll have to make something to put them in.
No way to double or triple up on lenses to get more magnification.
The lens sticks out pretty far and looks a little weird.

I don't know, there might be other items I've missed. But for what I do (modeling) and for the price, they cannot be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome magnifier!, July 11, 2012
After sorting through multiple magnifying options, I took a chance on these magnifying lenses. And am I glad I did! Though these are marketed for other uses, I am using these in my medical aesthetics practice to get a clearer view of my patients' skin. They work great. Snug fit, love the multiple magnification options, and the light is an added bonus. I hope this company takes note. I'm sure that I am not the oly health care provider who would find these a great tool at an awesome price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap construction but does its job for the most part., June 20, 2012
This item was constructed very cheaply:

-The clips that allow the swapping of the headband and the eyeglass-like over-the-ears frame are very rigid. So rigid that even with brute force, I was not able to get the eyeglass parts off so I can use the headband instead.
-The visor is workable with normal glasses but not very comfortable.
-The box that holds the lenses has a very flimsy lid and will not stay closed very securely.
-The adjustable LED lights do not securely hold in one place.

Otherwise this product does its job and helps with viewing tiny parts that would normally be hard or impossible to see even with glasses. There is little point to the lenses other than the maximum-enlargement one. I also wish the visor came with some sort of carrying case.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like them, June 20, 2012
The plastic seems to be of a very good quality of plastic, similar to the bendy plastic in my Sennheisser headphones. Nearly unbreakable. The light is bright for the distance you will be using them and you can adjust the angle (but I wonder about the battery life). It also comes with a headband but I have not tried it. The magnifier can flip up out of your vision so that you can wear these while you work and just flip them down when you need the magnifier. I have used the other types of visors at work and these are much lighter and more comfortable. I am VERY happy with them. I just hope I don't forget I have them on and answer the door looking super-dorky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yay, these work!, February 3, 2012
They are still cheap optics, but the frames and lens arm are stout and they should be fine for hobby work. LED lamp uses 3 small watch batteries, so there will be a cost to replace them later... Nice little box to keep the lenses safe from dust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 6, 2012
I bought these for jewelry making and I'm so, so glad I did. I won't go blind now! They are comfortable in the eyeglass configuration- they stay on even when leaning over which for me is not usual since I'm fairly small and have a hard time finding sunglasses to fit right. They are usually either too tight and uncomfortable or too loose and fall off my face when I look down. The fact you can use different magnifications is awesome. The attached LED doesn't look like much when it's on but I could almost make jewelry in the pitch dark with these.

One small warning - changing the magnification lenses is a lot harder than it looks. It takes some force to change it out and I'm always afraid I'm going to break something. But so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, October 1, 2012
I purchased these so I could easily see the miniatures that I paint and let me say, these are wonderful! You honestly cannot beat the price. The lenses are easy to change and the plastic frame feels well built. The nose pads aren't very comfortable, but they can be easily altered if you're crafty. The light is very bright and both the light and magnifying lenses can be moved together to be at the best angle for your face. I haven't used the headband, but I can imagine that it also works well. The lenses are good quality and I didn't see any distortion. The bottom of one of mine had a manufacturing error, but it didn't affect its use, so I won't be returning this. Overall, I am exceedingly happy with these glasses. I definitely recommend this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5x lense distorted, July 10, 2012
Reasonable for the price, but I wish I had spend more for a better product. It looks and feels cheap.
The worst is the 3.5x lens, which has a strong distortion when I move my head up and down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pro Jeweler's Lighted Mag Visor, September 28, 2012
Perfect for the work I do, nice, comfortable and well built, would recommend to anyone looking for something that is not cumbersome or weighty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought them, Inexpensive, and very useful, October 17, 2013
Pete W. (Va.Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
Don't let the cheap looks of this product fool you, they work and are useful for close up work. I definitely deliberated on these, but the positive reviews pushed me to try them and I'm glad I did. The small LED lights are useful and the interchangeable lenses are decent quality for the price. Of course this is all plastic and should be handled as such. Being to forceful or negligent will undoubtedly break them, but they come packaged in a cardboard box with a tabbed lid and a molded plastic tray that I continue to use to store them in. The lenses are plastic and have their own plastic box which keeps them separated and protected with the aid of slotted sides. The lid on the lens box is clear and hinged with a friction lock that stays closed until you need it open. The glasses with the lenses in place are very light weight and can be worn over regular glasses, if so needed. They can be worn over the ears like glasses or with an adjustable separate strap that fits around the back of your head very securely. They are fairly comfortable, but I have not worn them for more than a few minutes at a time thus far, so I can't speak toward durations of more than that. I'd say these are good for a hobbyist that needs to magnify detailed work.

2013-11-18 Update. I used them heavily for several hours yesterday and today I wore them pretty much not stop most of the day. My wife did make me take them off when we had lunch. I used the head strap and found that loosening it made them pretty comfortable. The lens flips up out of the way when it's not needed which is much easier than pulling them on and off.

Rate and Discover Movies