5.0 out of 5 stars This should be every true patriot's second bible!
This soft cover easy to use compact book is a valuable reference tool for those who really desire to do something patriotic for this country and help keep their jobs!
Even if consumer's change just a few of their brand choices on even the most minimal purchases, it would all add up to a stronger American economy regardless of your political stance!
I was...
Published on March 9, 2002 by American Pride Once More

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not focus on American made
I can't recommend this book if you are looking for American made products. Book focuses on American owned companies. Big difference. While I understand the importance of supporting American owned companies, there are thousands of such companies producing junk in China. That is not what I'm looking for.
Published on May 11, 2008 by Jamie L. Boswell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be every true patriot's second bible!, March 9, 2002
American Pride Once More (Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
I was shocked to find out where the "lion's share" of the profits ended up on some of my former purchases!
This book gives the consumer more power to make their choices ACCURATELY and I cannot wait for the updated second edition this spring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Highly Recommend! Patriotic!, March 8, 2008
This review is from: How Americans Can Buy American: The Power of Consumer Patriotism - Third Edition (Paperback)
Very interesting reading and well-written. There are handy lists of American made products and Internet links. The author has his own web-site, too. The middle section of the book lists companies and their ownership, whether foreign or USA. It is just as important to buy from an American company as it is to check the label for "made in USA". I sent an e-mail to the author with my comments, and he promptly replied with a very thoughtful and interesting letter. I am happier knowing that I am buying more American products and supporting the American economy. This book shows Americans how to "put their money where their mouth is" when it comes to being patriotic. Highly Recommend! God Bless America!

5.0 out of 5 stars American-made vs. American-owned?, May 14, 2008
John P. Hey (Greenwood, MS USA) - See all my reviews
This book is an eye-opener for those who think that buying American is just a matter of looking on the label. Simmermaker's book is chock full of information about how we can support companies that are American-owned even when we are forced to buy foreign-labeled goods.

How Americans Can Buy American, now in its third edition, is the premier book on practical economic patriotism. It is obvious that Mr. Simmermaker has a fierce and passionate zeal for the economic promotion of his native land.

This book goes beyond merely compiling lists of American-made goods and services. Simmermaker has dug deep to find out, in cases where there are no American-made products, which foreign-made goods are made by American-owned companies.

In a time when more and more items are made exclusively overseas, this additional research proves valuable to those who want to support our nation's domestic economy even when they are forced to buy an item manufactured overseas.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of A Kind Resource, May 18, 2008
This is a very useful handbook for shoppers who care what their purchase dollars support. Obviously represents an enormous amount of research, it is organized so whatever product or service you are going to buy, you can easily look that company up in the book before you do buy (keep the book in the car, and check it each time before you exit the vehicle to buy anything!). I also like the list of useful websites at the back, and the list of union-made products, also at the back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not focus on American made, May 11, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE, March 22, 2008
I meant to give this book 5 stars!

This book is VERY useful. Everyone should pick up a copy. It may just keep us out of an economic depression.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Allow Book Title To Mislead You!, February 20, 2012
[[ASIN:0980118808 How Americans Can Buy American: The Power of Consumer Patriotism - Third Edition] ]Initially my husband & I were thrilled to run across this book because we mistakenly thought it would be a great source for locating products made solely in America. This is not the case. Although some of the products listed in this book are made domestically, many are imports. We are very disappointed with this book & feel as though we were misled by the title. Unfortunately, we would not recommend it for anyone hoping to find a vast source of products which are solely made in the USA.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Interest, June 20, 2008
Ronald A. Lacey (Davenport, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This book is well written and a must read for all who want to support American industries. I have recommended this book to family, friends, and members of Congress. Although we have been product label readers for a long time, our eyes have been further opened to purchasing wisely.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Go-To Resource for Shopping and Traveling, May 17, 2008
This book was invaluable for our family when we planned our spring break road trip. We chose places to stay in, eat at and even batteries for our camera. Though we didn't rent a car this time, we know which ones we will use or will not use next time. It was well organized and easy to use. With summer coming up and barbeque season on the way, and a camping trip planned, I see myself using this book again and again. Not just that, we really liked using this book on our road trip; it made us feel good about doing our part for America while we were enjoying America.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I've been looking for, May 14, 2008
I have been trying to keep my dollars at home for years... now I have the guide to do it! This book gives you the mechanics AND the information to do it. It not only names the names but describes the process to shop and find those goods that support America and the American people. I never go shopping without it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›