Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Be Irresistible to Colleges: The Essential Guide to Being Accepted
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 4, 2009
I loved this book! It is packed with both information and insider tips, but has humor and speaks in a language that kids (and parents) will enjoy. Rather than leaving you feeling like the mountain is just too high to climb like some books I have read, these two authors make you feel like YOU can find the FIT for YOU. I wish I had this book when my kids were in junior high for best use of all their wonderful advise. No bland, dry, same ole-blah-blah here.
on April 7, 2009
How to be Irresistible to Colleges is a comprehensive guide for high school students, to be used on its own or to confirm what one's college counselor is recommending. It is well written, light-hearted, and entertaining, while offering good, sound advice and a new insight into the process of choosing, applying to, and accepting the college best suited to the individual student. Both highschoolers and their parents will find this book a valuable aid.
on May 28, 2011
I met Eric on a college trip a couple of years ago, and after exchanging our experiences and insights into the college admissions process, he told me about the book he wrote (and complained about the title--the publisher's decision, really!). He kindly sent me a copy and I found it engaging, humorous, and honest. It is written with the teenager in mind, but parents will also find it very helpful in understanding the steps in the application and selection process. I especially liked the part about the college essay. He does a great compare/contrast example which really illustrates what can make a good (yawn) essay engaging and interesting.
on April 8, 2013
I have 17 year old twins that have been a bit lazy in trying to figure out what they want to study in college and where they would even like to go. This book has really motivated them (once I finally got them to read it!) and gave many good suggestions, especially in writing the personal essay. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is considering college.
on April 16, 2009
During my high school years I had the privilege of being coached in the art of college admissions by Lynda Herring, the co-author of the book. I can testify that she has been instrumental in countless successful pursuits for college acceptance letters, including my own. Without her advice and encouragement I could very well have ended up falling considerably short of my potential. This book is a boiled-down, concentrated version of that exact coaching that has benefited me and so many other students striving not only to get into college, but to get into the *right* college. It is a must read for students and parents/teachers/motivators alike.
on April 14, 2009
The book is both well-written and useful. The authors incorporate practical knowledge and insight, as well as a rare, but welcome, sense of humor, to enlighten the reader and leave him or her excited about the upcoming decisions and the unique experiences that go hand in hand with finding, and getting in, to the right college. I highly recommend this book and urge you to use it as a resource if you are considering college.
on May 5, 2009
This book has been very helpful as well as entertaining to read. I bought it for my daughter but I ended up reading it! It's helped to give me a "picture" of the whole college process. My daughter's interest in the process is just beginning to spark and--when she's ready--I believe that this will be a great resource for her. I think she will also find it readable, encouraging and fun.
on October 15, 2009
I would recommend this book to anyone who is entering the college process. Dawson and Herring pack tons of useful information into the book but also present them in an interesting way. The college process is explained throughout with an analogy to dating which is a good way to break the monotony that exists in most books of this type.
on April 19, 2009
If you're in the college search mode, you have to buy this book! It's easy to read, funny and gives both parents and students great advice. There are tons of books on this subject, but this one is the only one you need to find the college that's right for you!
on June 5, 2009
Eric Dawson's Book is exactly what every high school students needs for college preparation. I would highly recommend this to anyone as a must buy. Amazing!