“…Tracy shares powerful leadership lessons from the business world, history books, military strategy, and thought leaders.” --T + D magazine
“…provides excellent insight into the minds of today’s most promising leaders. It will make the reader stop and think and ask the important questions not only of his team but of himself.” --IEEE magazine
“This excellent book is a valuable resource, both for personal and professional use, for leaders and managers at every level.” --AORN Journal
“The world sorely needs better leaders. Brian's book fills that need well, guiding you with ‘seven basic responsibilities of leadership’ to be your best.” --CEORefresher.com
CEO Refresher.com The Best Books 2010
“If Warren Bennis is the foremost thinker on business leadership, Brian Tracy isn't far behind…As a primer on basic thinking about leadership, it's up near the head of the class.” --Financial Executive
“… lays out all the secrets to great leadership and the way to attain it… demolishing our hope that we could blame our perpetual followership on genetics.” --Accounting Today
Soundview's Harold Longman Award for Best Business Book of 2010
Leadership is the critical factor that determines the success of any business or department. The ability to select, manage, motivate, and guide employees to achieve results is the true measure of any leader’s success.
In this fast-moving book, business expert Brian Tracy reveals the strategies used by top executives and business owners everywhere to achieve astounding results in difficult markets against determined competition.
Brian Tracy has worked with more than 1,000 companies in 52 countries. In How the Best Leaders Lead, he gives you a series of practical, proven ideas and strategies that leaders and managers at every level can use immediately. They’ll learn how to:
• Determine their ideal leadership style for any situation
• Motivate their people with the Three R’s – Recognition, Rewards, and Reinforcement
• Set clear goals and objectives for themselves and others
• Develop an exciting future vision for their business
• Set priorities and focus on key tasks
• Solve problems faster and make better decisions
• Hire and keep the best people
• Build, manage, and motivate winning teams
• Communicate and get their ideas across to others
• Motivate people in turbulent times
• Identify opportunities and take concrete action
• Plan for the future while managing the present
With this timely guide, anyone can learn how to become a better and more effective leader and get more done faster than they ever dreamed possible.