Customer Discussions > PS3 Starhawk forum

How is the Beta so far?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2012 7:48:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2012 9:52:52 PM PST
J. C says:
Hello,
Was wondering how is the beta, does it lag much? How does gun feels?

From what i've seen on youtube it seems totally awesome but if someone could tell his honest opinion...

Definately a day 1 purchase for me

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 6:26:54 AM PST
jbonez21 says:
The beta is sick-nasty.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 7:06:29 AM PST
T. Reed says:
This is going to be a really cool finished product. One word to describe this game...fun! Way to go sony!

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 3:50:38 PM PST
T. Tolbert says:
Some of the tightest controls I have experienced and the most fun I have had with a multiplayer shooter. A breath of fresh air from the same old modern shooters that come out year after year.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 5:29:17 PM PST
I love it!!! Great new features. Graphic is very nice. Good controls. Warhawk was great, this is amazing. Best Multiplayer Game on Ps3 so far. With all the old Server features from Warhawk. Very good for Clan Wars or Private games. They added also host migration in case the host leaves the game...Nice

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 7:36:40 AM PST
Vyprstryke says:
I was on the fence with it but even after not doing great I still found myself having fun in the beta. I pre-ordered yesterday since it came up as a gold box discount (the 5% off thing). Looking forward to it now and will hopefully be pretty vested in Twisted Metal when it comes out so it'll be my break from TM game...hopefully.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:49:25 AM PST
It sold me, for sure!

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 5:12:25 PM PST
I really enjoy the new feel to this game. The ability to drop buildings into the battle zone is amazing. The only thing I would like to see is what features will be added to the game. For example, will players earn new things for leveling up, will new guns, vehicles, and buildings be added? Lastly, I wonder if this will have sustainability, or will it's fan base die off like in war-hawk. The beta is defiantly worth checking out.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 1:20:21 PM PST
neu Tron says:
Really enjoying the beta so far!

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 8:32:36 AM PST
Jeff says:
I can't find anyone online in my beta... where is everyone?

Just playing by myself, I can tell that it's got really tight controls.. supposedly there is going to be a single player campaign as well...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 12:01:28 PM PST
neu Tron says:
Are you going into "matchmaking" and then "find a game"? The beta is really active...if you pull up a list of all active games, they're almost all full.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 3:55:04 PM PST
thanos says:
Love the beta! Better than Warhawk in my opinion! Build and battle is so addictive and it keeps the games fresh....team work is needed to win and be effective

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 10:18:13 AM PST
Hannah H says:
if u want beta, just sign up and you will get a code :)
http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/starhawk/

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 11:15:27 PM PST
Luis V says:
I'm enjoying the beta so far it's quite fun especially going with a jetpack and Rocket launcher and destroying their stuff!

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 12:23:38 PM PST
Magnus says:
I have really enjoyed it. I just like the variety that the beta offers at the moment. The controls feel really natural and I enjoy having multiple ways of dealing with an issue. I just wish some people would not just keep building only launch pads.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 12:36:06 PM PST
Magnus says:
Haha so true. That combo destorys in the game. I love doing an ammo depot and shield and just destorying their base with rockets.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 7:01:52 PM PST
moogle11 says:
It's great fun !

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 8:07:04 AM PST
Steven Lee says:
i actually do not like the beginning rush on CTF. Late loading of teammates can cause turn of the whole game. Other team would take our flag on the very beginning of game start, then they will use the turtle-strategy by defending their base with 3 beam cannons, bunch of auto cannons and of course a shield.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 1:18:11 PM PDT
Skigazzi says:
I love this beta...its a perfect combination of cartoonish fun, mixed with hardcore strategy...the tanks they just added to the beta are straight beast.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 12:11:01 AM PDT
C.S.L says:
Is it still going? i'd like to try it.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 8:12:11 AM PDT
I had fun in the beta. Played with some good people, even though at first I had no idea what to do, I do know what capture the flag is, so it was fun.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 7:40:12 PM PDT
I never played Warhawk. I hate majority of multi-player online games, especially shooters.
After playing Starhawk, I went and pre-ordered it and can't stop playing it!!!! Yes it's that fun.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 5:52:42 AM PDT
S. Bird says:
The controls are tight and the graphics & gameplay are very tight. The building aspect is nice and the balance of hawks is very well done (it never felt like being outside of a hawk put me at a severe disadvantage). It'll be a great game for most. Couldn't get into it, though. I'm not sure if it's cause I have too many other games vying for playthroughs or I had lopsided matches, but it just didn't feel like a team game; more like a slugfest, which is cool (especially with the hawks), but not really my cup of tea.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PS3 Starhawk forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jan 2, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PS3 Starhawk
PS3 Starhawk by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (145)