Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How Big Is It?
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 12, 2008
I bought this book for my second grade and wow! We cannot keep it out of kid's hands. the kid's told me the following "there's a line for this book";
" I love it" and "buy another one"

I even found the pictures contrasting sizes- a basketball player going for the hoop and a polar bear on his hind legs towering over him- the pictures held my interest. I couldn't get my hands on it either. They read it everyday.
on March 10, 2013
This book is 22 photographic illustrations that help you understand how big things are, like Giant Redwood trees among high rise apartment buildings in Brooklyn. It was published by Scholastic for kids, but everyone will enjoy it.
on January 28, 2012
Giant photographs provide a visual comparison for your kids from something giant to something more familar. Photoshopping the BIG thing onto a familiar thing gets the job done. Very manageable text for elementary aged kids. This is a series my family reads and re-reads.
on December 9, 2008
My fourth-grade boy loved this book enough to buy its sibling, "How Strong Is It" with his own money. So it seems to be a book that suits the 7-10 year old set well.

I was surprised to learn that the language is rated at sixth grade for both these Hillman books by Accelerated Reader, which makes it a great buy for a kid who's reading ahead of his chronological age, but not ready for fiction written at that level (i.e., sex, drugs, relationships).

The books are sold in soft cover, which makes them great for grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc., to buy in anticipation of a visit -- that's actually why I came to this page, looking to see if there's a third in the series to suggest to my sister-in-law for the holidays.
on January 10, 2013
Very fun book for kids & adults--great way to teach kids concepts of comparison and size. The book holds their interest and the photographs are great! We've brought this book to school for sharing and the other kids love it too.
on November 25, 2011
This is one of those books that every kid should own. It is way cool! The author uses some very creative comparisons! And the pictures are great. Some of the pictures may not be for little eyes (a giant spider or snake), but all very fascinating.
on March 3, 2014
To those who believe in the Bible: be advised that this book presents the Earth as being hundreds of millions of years old.
The super-imposed photos are interesting, but the information about the Earth's timeline and dinosaurs' demise is definitely misleading.