Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 17, 2012
There are a few good nuggets in this book but for the most part I was pretty disappointed.

If you already have a blog, then don't waste your money on this book. Find a book that actually gives specific advice on how to drive traffic to your blog, build content or use social networking. Most of the advice in this book was too generic and vague for anyone who has been blogging for more than 5 minutes.

There were 2 things that really irritated me about this book (fortunately they didn't show up until the end)

1. For as much as the author talks about her experience with blogging a book the reality is her book success did not come from her blog being discovered. She was already a published author with an agent to tap into. Grant it she does have useful experience on the process of blogging a book, but through out the book she talks (vaguely) about ways to drive traffic to your blog and get discovered when in truth that is not how it was for her.

2. She should have chosen better people for her success stories at the end. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading success stories from real people whose blogs got discovered and turned into a book, but often her subjects would directly contradict things she said in the book. For example, she spends time harping on the importance of doing market research, but most of her success stories said they didn't do any market research; they simple wrote about a topic they loved.

The book isn't awful. I was able to glean a few useful nuggets. But as someone who already has a blog, I would have rather spent my money on a book that would give me specifics on how to make my blog more successful/attractive to make a book deal happen.
on May 10, 2012
THE GOOD

The author deserves six stars for an outstanding book. For the past few months I've been looking at blogging books and this surpasses everything else published. Doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an old hand at blogging this book has worthy information. Even if you just want to blog without plans to repurpose your content this is still a blogger's bible.

In addition to great content the writer's style flows and keeps your attention.

THE BAD

What was Writer's Digest Book thinking using a font size that is smaller than the fine print you'd expect to see in a contract. If a Kindle version was available, I'd say go for that. Otherwise find yourself a good magnifying glass. Hopefully WDB will quickly recognize their mistake and never release another book with tiny type. If the content wasn't so good I'd chuck the book out the window.
1515 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2012
For the past 6 weeks, I've kept my copy of Nina Amir's How To Blog A Book within reach of my desk. As an already self-published author, I am finding this book to be a handy guide as I learn how to translate the content and essence of my book into a blog format. How To Blog A Book is a well-written, entertaining and practical guide for beginning and more experienced advanced bloggers. For those of us who lack business and marketing experience, How to Blog A Book gives readers the 101 of Internet marketing concepts including the 'Ping." As a self-published author, I also appreciate the easy-to-read visual design of the book.
on July 25, 2012
Today's author must be an entrepreneur. It's not enough to write a book and then hope that someone will discover it, buy it, and read it. Getting your book written is only a small fraction of building an author's platform.

How to Blog a book is a step-by-step guide for writing a book and creating customers. This includes practical advice on planning, writing, producing, promoting, and selling your book. By beginning with the end (a book) in mind, each blog post gets you one steps closer to your end goal. This is the key to getting started, staying motivated, and sticking to the plan.

The book references over 50 tools (i.e. WordPress plugins, web services, social marketing services, outsourcing tips, etc.) you can use today to create a book. The book does not go into the technical details about how these services work, so I've got a lot of follow-up research to do as I follow the steps to blogging my way toward a book. Nevertheless, I now have a road map and the motivation to start my book writing journey--which is worth much more than the price of the book.
on May 5, 2012
This book very clearly lays out what, how and why you would want to blog a book. From making you accountable to an audience that wants you to keep writing, to establishing good writing habits, to actually writing a business plan about what you want the blog and book to accomplish. Easy to read, easy to understand and easy to implement, must read for bloggers and authors both.
on November 18, 2012
This was the first item I have purchased from Amazon that I have rated 3 and here is the reason. This print is so small and light that it is hard to read. I could only read 9 to 10 pages before giving my eyes a rest. It's not me as I can sit and read other books through without stopping. For all of the writers accomplishments she stated, I would have thought her design, copy,and layout would have shown more creative talent. Content is OK, not great. There are several other books on the market that probably does a better job.
on April 6, 2014
Actually it has useful information - BUT I am so disappointed at the size of the font and print type. It is NOT a joy to read it for that reason. I am having to force myself to pick it up and read a chapter. WHEN considering a revision - think of the poor reader's eyes.
on May 4, 2012
Finally, someone tells why we need to blog, how to get started and what are the benefits. In Nina Amir's blogging seminar we learned the in's and out's of why in todays market it is so important to be more than a writer. Great material, great information. I recommend that you pick up this book and find out what blogging can do for you. This book is the answer to so many questions. Nina keeps it real by sharing her experience and her knowledge. Pick up a copy today and get to blogging. Thanks Nina for a real winner.
on May 28, 2014
I got this book from the library , renewed it twice & bought it because it is so informative. This book makes you want to open your computer and figure out how to set it up to blog your own book! Very easy to follow. The author wrote this book from a blog so a reader can go to her blog and use her weotings as immediate help. A good source to do what the title says 'blig a book'.
on June 12, 2013
Don't let the name of the book limit your imagination as to what's in between the pages. This is not only a step by step guide to teach you how to blog a book, but it also gives valuable information pertaining to website creation, building your platform through social media, creating a book proposal...the list goes on and on.

I purchased this book last year after having a few coaching sessions with the book's author Nina Amir; shame on me for allowing the book to collect dust for this long. If I'd read the book when I originally bought it, I would be so much further along in my writing career, and I wouldn't have made nearly as many rookie mistakes.

Inside the book are easy to follow steps on how to do everything you need to do to create an SEO friendly website and blog posts in order to write and promote your book as you go. It even has information on what agents look for in both fiction and non-fiction book proposals, and it gels all that into practical knowledge with the addition of real input from successful bloggers who landed book deals.

This book was so empowering too. Right in the middle of the book, I started blogging a book. Nina's example in blogging a book about how to blog a book (say that three times) demonstrates that if she can do it, anyone can, and her tone and writing style clearly reflects that.

It's simple: if you're a writer, whether aspiring or seasoned, writing fiction or non-fiction, you should read this book. Even if you think you know all there is to know about book promotion, I guarantee you'll find something you didn't know from this book.