Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

How Bloody is this movie?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2009 8:59:28 PM PDT
C. Long says:
Hi
I love horror movies but I hate gore movies (and for all you people who hate old horror movies YES there IS a difference). Black Christmas (1974) sounds like a wonderful movie but how gory/bloody is it? On a 1 to 10 scale (10 being a movie like dead alive)? I'm asking about the original NOT the remake (my sister who is the complete opposite of me came home from the remake and complained how there was no puss when the killer ate the eyes... and we share the same genes...?). The iMDB parents guide was very vague so I'm coming here to ask.
Thanks in advance,
Craig

Posted on Sep 11, 2009 12:06:47 PM PDT
C. Long says:
o and I'm fine with blood just not in copius (is that how its spelled) amounts. I mean I watched Suspiria and loved that... so if it has more or less blood than that, let me know. It would also be nice if someone has reccomendations for other horror movies that were great... thanks again,
Craig

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2009 9:12:27 PM PDT
G. Garner says:
I don't think you'll have any problem. There is virtually nothing in 'Black Christmas' that would qualify as 'gory.' It's been a year or so since I've seen it, so I'm not prepared to swear on my life, or anything. But I've seen it at least ten times, and it seems to me that the blood and gore were kept to a minimum.

I found the remake very disappointing. They went to such great effort in set design, and cinematography, and all the things you need to make the film 'feel' like Christmas. Then they blew this premise by spending most of the film depicting a large retarded person eating people's eyeballs. There were times when it felt more like a gross-out comedy than a horror film.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2009 11:25:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 3:13:40 PM PDT
Audrey says:
This is not a gory horror movie. It relies more heavily on tension. There is a very small amount of gore; using the scale, from 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 1, but only because of a short scene where blood splatter is shown. There is, on the other hand, a lot of bad language (really bad...), and that's the only thing I would be concerned about. I also don't like gore, and this movie didn't bother me at all. The remake is a million times worse where gore is concerned.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2009 12:12:40 AM PDT
G. Garner says:
That's one thing I was thinking about-the language, and how hard they tried to impress us all with how 'irreverent' they were being. All that silly stuff at the police station got on my nerves. And the poster of the old lady giving the obscene gesture? Real class.

Posted on Sep 14, 2009 3:05:15 PM PDT
C. Long says:
Thank you all for the help. I m defenitly (again, my damn spelling) going to put this on my must see list!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 14, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Black Christmas [VHS]
Black Christmas [VHS] by Olivia Hussey (VHS Tape - 1994)
4.5 out of 5 stars (56)