5.0 out of 5 stars A great read and a perfect gift
This wonderful guide is the grandfather companion to Bried's heartwarming How to Sew a Button, a book that was filled with homespun wisdom from savvy grandmas. How to Sew a Button covered all things home-economics-ish, How to Build a Fire offers a fair dose of boy scouting skills for men and women, but where it really shines is the lessons it offers in being a grown up...
Published on December 14, 2010 by motherblogger

3.0 out of 5 stars they are handy things to know ...
I've been accused of being a "Luddite" because of my "old fashioned" ways: I don't own a cell phone (I don't see the need for one), I shave with a straight razor (I like a close, tight shave), I don't take my clothes to the cleaners preferring to iron them myself - in spite of the fact that I am a Gen Xer many for whom this is not de rigueur. That said, I couldn't...
Published on June 18, 2012 by doc peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Things ALL GUYS should know!, August 13, 2011
This review is from: How to Build a Fire: And Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew (Paperback)
This is stuff every guy should know--no kidding!. The author gives GREAT information with a humorous and a bit of a sarcastic attitude. So guys if you didn't have a grandpa to teach you this stuff, you better get this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars We loved this book, August 8, 2011
I bought two copies and gave one each to my 17 yr old grandson and my 18 yr old nephew. They both loved it.
My grandson was given his copy at his birthday party and the book was passed around for everyone to read a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars the way things were "back in the day", November 18, 2013
I got this for my son for Christmas. He is not really that much of a hands-on type of guy. I am looking forward to introducing him to the way things were "back in the day", should make for an interesting time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun book, April 27, 2014
I learned so many things from this book. Great to leave on the coffee table and watch your friends pick this book up and get really into it:) Also bought "How to sew a button" it's a grandma book of tips and how to's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, February 21, 2013
Gave these books to my grandsons, and they really appreciated the tips. Really a lost source of info for most of our young generation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading...I hope, July 12, 2014
John D. Burke (Durango, CO United States) - See all my reviews
Fun book but wordy...a little advanced for my 3rd grade grand kids. I think they will grow into it well though

5.0 out of 5 stars Never had to use any of the things I learned ..., February 12, 2015
Never had to use any of the things I learned in this book, but one day I hope to and I will impress everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my Son in Law, September 27, 2013
He loved it and uses it a lot. Got a lot of laughs from the contents of the book. Thanks!

2.0 out of 5 stars More about the grandfathers!, July 31, 2013
Evan the Dweezil (A Place-Sort Of, Montana) - See all my reviews
Quite honestly, this book should have been about the great men who were briefly profiled at the beginning as the Grandfathers. The concept of this book is interesting, but it just wasn't as good as the tease the introduction made it out to be. The cutesy chapter headings and other fluffy bits were of a turnoff as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Book, January 23, 2015
This was a gift for my son. He loved it. It's a fun read.

How to Build a Fire: And Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew
How to Build a Fire: And Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew by Erin Bried (Paperback - December 14, 2010)
$15.00 $12.50