Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2007 1:09:44 PM PST
Gothson says:
I was going to buy this at the end of August but waited a few days. When I came back a few days later, it was no longer in stock and hasn't been since.

How can such a collection of classic animated specials such as Peanuts be out of stock? Are there plans for a new release?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2007 11:04:21 PM PST
The Peanuts cartoon specials have switched their licenses from Paramount Home Video to Warner Brothers. In the coming year you will see most of them re-released. I like many other Peanuts fans hope to see Race For Your Life Charlie Brown and Bon Voyage Charlie Brown finally released on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2008 10:28:29 AM PST
Gothson says:
Thanks for the information. I ended up getting a used copy because I don't when or what format (sets) or price it will come out in. Still it's hard to believe Warner didn't get anything out for Christmas.

About those films, yes, why haven't they released those on DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2008 7:00:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2008 7:13:00 PM PDT
Gothson says:
I just got my 2nd hand copy - This box set is really just a bundling of three separate DVD's:

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
A Charlie Brown Christmas

All DVD's have an extra feature in addition to the title feature. Links to the individual DVD's are here:

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

A Charlie Brown Christmas

(A Charlie Brown Christmas DVD appears to be out of stock at the time of this posting)

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2008 3:39:34 PM PDT
Kinger7102 says:
I do hope they come out soon. I've been looking at this set for awhile and am now kicking myself that I didn't buy it when I last had a chance too. I missed the charlie brown specials during thankgiving and christmas this year and was crushed. Does anyone know when Warner Brothers plan to re-release the set?

Posted on Feb 12, 2009 9:50:48 PM PST
Esther_Marie says:
I too have been watching this dvd set for more than a year. I had been hoping for a price reduction but instead discovered that it was discontinued altogether. Until just now from reading above did I realize there was a production switch going on. I wonder what plans Warner Bros has for Peanuts. My concern is that they will offer less for much more money and if that happens, then I will never purchase it.

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 1:18:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2010 1:25:32 PM PST
I picked it up on a shelf in Walmart the moment I laid eyes on it, but I was not looking for it. That's what you have to do. Make it your territory before someone else does. I practically devoured it.
No mercy. I am sure you have or atleast an idea how Black Friday is. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I guess Black Friday shoppers have the same mentality.
I could not be bothered. I consider all those consumers as a threat and stay away from it.
Mine.
Mine.
Mine!
All Mine! Like lucy at her psychiatric counter.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions