4.0 out of 5 stars Humorous and Cute, May 26, 2014
This review is from: A Fine How-De-Do (The Willowdale Romance Short Stories Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
As always, Ms. Scott's humor shines through in A Fine How-De-Do. In addition to the humor, the heroine in this story is believable and relatable (well, except for the inheritance part - I can't relate to that, lol).

Without retelling the story, here's what worked for me: the humor woven throughout the story, Tonya's character (her strength and perseverance, especially), the townspeople and their crazy hair, and the ending. Oh, and there's no explicit sex in this read, which is always a plus.

What I had a little trouble with: Tommy is a little weak as a hero. The chief of police is a screw-up? Yikes. It's almost like he has a split personality. On the one hand, he IS this big, strong LEO, a by-the-book kind of guy. On the other hand, he seems a little, um, slutty, for lack of a better word. He's apparently been with every single girl in town. One of those single girls even tells Tonya she was engaged to him when he found out another ex was pregnant (or something along that line, it was a little confusing). Furthermore, she tells Tonya that Tommy, now divorced from the baby mama, occasionally gets drunk and tries to patch things up with HER! So the guy seems a little shallow for Tonya, who's stepping out on her own two feet, determined and strong.

Overall, a fun little read, and I hope Tonya straightens out more than Tommy's bad haircut.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new series from Lisa Scott, April 2, 2012
I love series books, especially when they take place in little towns with lots of gossip. Lisa has started a new series of short stories taking place in the town of Willowdale. Her first story is about leaving the big city for a little town to start over. I loved it. Short stories are so much fun because you can read them in a few hours, just enough time to sit down with a couple cups of coffee, maybe a lawn chair and relax. Lisa does short stories so well and so sweetly you can't help but get addicted! I look forward to the rest of the Willowdale series. I recommend this for everyone who likes a little romance and maybe a good cup of coffee...cheers Lisa.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine how de do, July 14, 2014
I liked it and I laughed. The hero was an idiot at times and I'm like dude...your a butthead. I will get the trilogy though and read the other stories cause I did like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 10, 2014
A fun story... a move to small town NC from NYC... enjoyable characters. A quick light read.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good read, June 28, 2014
I am a true romantic and this definitely hit all the right spots and made it ever better as there is a bit of humour added.

I really can't find fault with this book consequently a five star rating was given.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance including a bit of a giggle. Kept me on the edge of my seat and couldn't put it down until it was finished.

Will most definitely download the follow on books in this series although this is a stand alone reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun read!, June 7, 2014
This was an enjoyable read. And funny. My only stumble was the Nonna/Chiquita thing...I get that people come from diverse backgrounds but that made me have a hard time picturing the main character in my head. Other than that little detail, I loved it and am looking forward to something else from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was so much fun!!!, June 2, 2014
This story has a great twist that you might not see coming. It was a fun fast read, and I recommend it to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, June 1, 2014
A story that I will recommend to my friends. It was beautifully written and so easy to read. I hope that the rest of the series is as good as this. Perfect short story for the start of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the humor and the characters in the small town setting of Willowdale, May 29, 2014
A quick, fun read. I enjoyed the humor and the characters in the small town setting of Willowdale. A pleasant summer afternoon read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, May 28, 2014
This kind of reminds me of Hart of dixie If Zoe Hart were a hair stylist. It's very cute. I wish Tonya would have played harder to get though. The Sheriff didn't seem that great of a catch and she just played right into his hands right away. I didn't dislike him though I was just hoping for a little more of a struggle on her part. Still it's a Cute, Quick, and Clean read.

Rate and Discover Movies